or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1422

post #21316 of 53437
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

A bedale, what do you have?
Wife said no to the il bisonte...so probably will get the tannergoods billfold, but the mitchell leather natural shell cordovan wallet looks nice too smile.gif

Mmmmm. Might need to slightly reduce the circle of people you consult on such things.
post #21317 of 53437
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post


That thing is a beast.
Don't you find it annoying to change things between the two (I imagine you must have a lot of stuff if you are carrying such a large one around)? I know I would, and be very pissed when something I needed wasn't in my wallet.

I do but I usually find I need more of my cards during the week. So I tend to change over for casual Friday and back for Monday. No biggie.

post #21318 of 53437
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

Mmmmm. Might need to slightly reduce the circle of people you consult on such things.

LOL smile.gif
post #21319 of 53437
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post


Here is a simple question, why should I pay $38 to ship something that weighs 500g from U.S.A to Melbourne?

If the wallet did cost $120 and shipping was $10 that would be differnet, becasue I wouldn;t pay $120 for that wallet, or any wallet.

Your argument is flawed in that you ARE looking at the total price.
I am looking at what is a reasonable price to charge for shipping an item, any item, from one country to another.

I suppose that, as pointed out by Dartagnan Red, we are using two different, subjective methods of assessing the worth of overseas purchases.

However, I disagree with your statement that my argument is flawed, as there is nothing wrong with looking at the total price of a product.

After all, you pay for the cost of shipping, storage and so on every time you purchase something, whether it be at a local department store or from an overseas boutique. It's just that when you purchase from a local department store, the cost of shipping and storage is factored into the overall price that you pay (and is thus invisible), whereas when you purchase something from overseas, the cost of shipping is transparently clear.

Why not, therefore, compare apples with apples, and look at the total price of a particular product here -vs- the total price of a particular good from overseas?
post #21320 of 53437
With regards to wallets, I am going to get a new one for Christmas from my folks as my Daks one is starting to fainted after a good ten years service.

Am thinking of something like this - http://www.ettinger.co.uk/wallets-purses/browse-by-type/wallets-with-coin-section/bridle-hide-billfold-wallet-with-3-c-c-purse/bridle-hide-navy-billfold-wallet-with-3-c-c-purse



I notice the wallets others posted do not have coin pockets. There are lots of nice wallets without these but what do you do with you coins (or am I just a lot poorer that the high rollers here)? My wallet is in my Filson bag or briefcase most days when I am in suit but I like one I can put in my back pocket on the weekend when in jeans/chinos etc.
post #21321 of 53437

I use a separate coin pouch for my coins - I prefer to have them separated.

post #21322 of 53437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post
I notice the wallets others posted do not have coin pockets. There are lots of nice wallets without these but what do you do with you coins (or am I just a lot poorer that the high rollers here)? My wallet is in my Filson bag or briefcase most days when I am in suit but I like one I can put in my back pocket on the weekend when in jeans/chinos etc.

Coins are for pockets and then moved to a coin jar at the end of the day. The cash in the coin jar is then used for SF approved but non-wife approved purchases.

post #21323 of 53437

can anyone suggest a croc skin wallet without requiring me to get legal advice before robbing a bank?

post #21324 of 53437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post


I suppose that, as pointed out by Dartagnan Red, we are using two different, subjective methods of assessing the worth of overseas purchases.

However, I disagree with your statement that my argument is flawed, as there is nothing wrong with looking at the total price of a product.
After all, you pay for the cost of shipping, storage and so on every time you purchase something, whether it be at a local department store or from an overseas boutique. It's just that when you purchase from a local department store, the cost of shipping and storage is factored into the overall price that you pay (and is thus invisible), whereas when you purchase something from overseas, the cost of shipping is transparently clear.
Why not, therefore, compare apples with apples, and look at the total price of a particular product here -vs- the total price of a particular good from overseas?

I think by default you have to consider total cost as suppliers like to screw around with their shipping cost to appeal to our value perceptions, so we've never even really got an idea of the actual split between item price and shipping cost.

 

In your case Unnamed player, $38 is clearly quite high for shipping compared to normal shipping cost from the $US, so chances are the supplier has just shifted some product cost to delivery cost.

post #21325 of 53437
Quote:
I notice the wallets others posted do not have coin pockets. There are lots of nice wallets without these but what do you do with you coins (or am I just a lot poorer that the high rollers here)? My wallet is in my Filson bag or briefcase most days when I am in suit but I like one I can put in my back pocket on the weekend when in jeans/chinos etc.

Coins? I just throw mine at the plebs.

post #21326 of 53437
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliq View Post

can anyone suggest a croc skin wallet without requiring me to get legal advice before robbing a bank?

Can someone explain why croc skin is so expensive? We farm the f#cken things so they're not that rare.
post #21327 of 53437
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post

If the wallet did cost $120 and shipping was $10 that would be differnet, becasue I wouldn;t pay $120 for that wallet, or any wallet.

:smalltimer:
post #21328 of 53437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

I use a separate coin pouch for my coins - I prefer to have them separated.

I do the same. I have had a coin pouch since I was 12. I cop shit for this. I couldn't care less.
post #21329 of 53437
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

I have had a coin pouch since I was 12. I cop shit for this. I couldn't care less.

lol

You should put that in your sig!
post #21330 of 53437
Hey guys - I haven't been able to find an answer elsewhere, so am asking here. Does anyone have experience with Loake's 'loafer last'?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members