Blame it on Howard he started the trend.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1419post #21271 of 5499111/14/12 at 3:10am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21272 of 5499111/14/12 at 3:13ampost #21273 of 5499111/14/12 at 3:15ampost #21274 of 5499111/14/12 at 3:15ampost #21275 of 5499111/14/12 at 3:18amQuote:
Be in CBR for few days from 26th, cant wait for pilgrimage to The Chairman & Yip....been going there now for about, uhm 12 years I think.post #21276 of 5499111/14/12 at 3:28ampost #21277 of 5499111/14/12 at 3:28am
I haven't got all the deets yet, but I decided to start with a conservative two-button suit, made from a nice navy tropical. I opted for natural shoulder and wide lapels, horn buttons and burgundy lining, double vents and flap pockets. Also coughed up for extra pair of trou, they have slightly lower rise than normal, side tabs and big cuffs.
Tom is a really pleasant guy to work with, and very skilled.post #21278 of 5499111/14/12 at 3:31ampost #21279 of 5499111/14/12 at 3:31ampost #21280 of 5499111/14/12 at 3:43ampost #21281 of 5499111/14/12 at 3:54ampost #21282 of 5499111/14/12 at 3:57amQuote:Originally Posted by LonerMatt
Well, I haven't posted fit pictures yet, so perhaps your compliments are undue, but I'll take them nonetheless. Thank you.
I see all these guidelines about suits and ties, etc, on this forum. I wear dark jeans and a shirt (untucked) and I still outdress most people in this town! Sometimes it seems so absurd, but then I'm reminded its context, context, context.
One upon a time Mildura was part of my vast empire requiring a two day visit ever two weeks or so.
My first visit was a shock - short sleeved polyester shirts, with tie and tight longish shorts and long white socks and black laceups - that was the senior managers dressed UP fro my visit in a professional environment. The less said about the lesser ranks sartorial endeavors the better.
I did like staying at the Grand Hotel and I was always impressed by the open competitiveness of the motels on the way in - never seen any where else in Australia in my travels.post #21283 of 5499111/14/12 at 3:59ampost #21284 of 5499111/14/12 at 4:06am
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › 2 Pairs Tom Ford Sz 44 Denim 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 13 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 13 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...