Blame it on Howard he started the trend.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1419post #21271 of 6795411/14/12 at 3:10am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21272 of 6795411/14/12 at 3:13ampost #21273 of 6795411/14/12 at 3:15ampost #21274 of 6795411/14/12 at 3:15ampost #21275 of 6795411/14/12 at 3:18amQuote:
Be in CBR for few days from 26th, cant wait for pilgrimage to The Chairman & Yip....been going there now for about, uhm 12 years I think.post #21276 of 6795411/14/12 at 3:28ampost #21277 of 6795411/14/12 at 3:28am
I haven't got all the deets yet, but I decided to start with a conservative two-button suit, made from a nice navy tropical. I opted for natural shoulder and wide lapels, horn buttons and burgundy lining, double vents and flap pockets. Also coughed up for extra pair of trou, they have slightly lower rise than normal, side tabs and big cuffs.
Tom is a really pleasant guy to work with, and very skilled.post #21278 of 6795411/14/12 at 3:31ampost #21279 of 6795411/14/12 at 3:31ampost #21280 of 6795411/14/12 at 3:43ampost #21281 of 6795411/14/12 at 3:54ampost #21282 of 6795411/14/12 at 3:57amQuote:Originally Posted by LonerMatt
Well, I haven't posted fit pictures yet, so perhaps your compliments are undue, but I'll take them nonetheless. Thank you.
I see all these guidelines about suits and ties, etc, on this forum. I wear dark jeans and a shirt (untucked) and I still outdress most people in this town! Sometimes it seems so absurd, but then I'm reminded its context, context, context.
One upon a time Mildura was part of my vast empire requiring a two day visit ever two weeks or so.
My first visit was a shock - short sleeved polyester shirts, with tie and tight longish shorts and long white socks and black laceups - that was the senior managers dressed UP fro my visit in a professional environment. The less said about the lesser ranks sartorial endeavors the better.
I did like staying at the Grand Hotel and I was always impressed by the open competitiveness of the motels on the way in - never seen any where else in Australia in my travels.post #21283 of 6795411/14/12 at 3:59ampost #21284 of 6795411/14/12 at 4:06am
- Australian Members
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 26 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano and Girling Warwick Size UK 10.5 E 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...