Blame it on Howard he started the trend.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1419post #21271 of 6229911/14/12 at 3:10am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21272 of 6229911/14/12 at 3:13ampost #21273 of 6229911/14/12 at 3:15ampost #21274 of 6229911/14/12 at 3:15ampost #21275 of 6229911/14/12 at 3:18amQuote:
Be in CBR for few days from 26th, cant wait for pilgrimage to The Chairman & Yip....been going there now for about, uhm 12 years I think.post #21276 of 6229911/14/12 at 3:28ampost #21277 of 6229911/14/12 at 3:28am
I haven't got all the deets yet, but I decided to start with a conservative two-button suit, made from a nice navy tropical. I opted for natural shoulder and wide lapels, horn buttons and burgundy lining, double vents and flap pockets. Also coughed up for extra pair of trou, they have slightly lower rise than normal, side tabs and big cuffs.
Tom is a really pleasant guy to work with, and very skilled.post #21278 of 6229911/14/12 at 3:31ampost #21279 of 6229911/14/12 at 3:31ampost #21280 of 6229911/14/12 at 3:43ampost #21281 of 6229911/14/12 at 3:54ampost #21282 of 6229911/14/12 at 3:57amQuote:Originally Posted by LonerMatt
Well, I haven't posted fit pictures yet, so perhaps your compliments are undue, but I'll take them nonetheless. Thank you.
I see all these guidelines about suits and ties, etc, on this forum. I wear dark jeans and a shirt (untucked) and I still outdress most people in this town! Sometimes it seems so absurd, but then I'm reminded its context, context, context.
One upon a time Mildura was part of my vast empire requiring a two day visit ever two weeks or so.
My first visit was a shock - short sleeved polyester shirts, with tie and tight longish shorts and long white socks and black laceups - that was the senior managers dressed UP fro my visit in a professional environment. The less said about the lesser ranks sartorial endeavors the better.
I did like staying at the Grand Hotel and I was always impressed by the open competitiveness of the motels on the way in - never seen any where else in Australia in my travels.post #21283 of 6229911/14/12 at 3:59ampost #21284 of 6229911/14/12 at 4:06am
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Collared-shirt like jacket - what's it called? Ideas where to get one? 3 minutes ago
- › MINT Ralph Lauren Purple Label trench coat S ( 36/34 ) 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan