Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1409
Styleforum Top Picks
In off topic clothing news here are some pics from last week.
I'd really like to get some full fit pics happening but that would require me to:
1) find the time in the morning
2) remove the small child attached to my leg
3) learn to use my camera properly
4) find an appropriate spot in the house
5) get my wife to help (last time I asked her she rolled her eyes and walked off.....haha)
I don't like my chances. Flash went off in the last one making the colours a little washed out.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spandexter - thank you for posting some photos - your outfits look good.
Personally, I'd opt to add a pocket square - even just a white linen one - but I realise that some people are reluctant to do so as they feel it will be seen as an affectation.
I entirely agree about full-length photos - they're just not happening at the moment for exactly the same reasons as my mornings are occupied with getting the kids to have breakfast, persuading them to get dressed, helping to make lunch, getting them to pack their bags, and then rushing to get ready myself!
I think that, to take photos like Graeme Wong (formerly of StyleForum, now of Most Exerent), it really helps to be single, or at least unencumbered by small children!
Well, my brogues arrived from Pediwear today. The 1880 Buckingham in brown, and the 1880 Savoy in black.
I thought I would load up some pictures. Charlie told me I need more natural light in my pictures, so I took them outside at a local park.
Sydney-20121113-00081.jpg 1,162k .jpg file
Sydney-20121113-00082.jpg 1,328k .jpg file
Sydney-20121113-00083.jpg 1,142k .jpg file
Sydney-20121113-00084.jpg 1,261k .jpg file
Sizing is pretty much perfect. I have Henry Bucks and David Jones to thank for that. The Mayfair and Capital lasts are pretty much the same. The Buckingham has the nice rounded toe that I like. The savoy is probably a bit too fashion forward and sleek for my liking, but still a great shoe. I really like the etchings.
Having a hard time working out whether I should topy them. The pamphlet says no, the general consensus says yes.
I guess everyone remembers the first pair of brogues that they buy. I am certainly not going to forget mine. Hopefully I have made the right choice. I owe a big thank you to Barry Zuckerkorn from WP and all the Aussie members of SF for being the best compasses any new navigator could possibly want.
P.S There ain't no way I am letting these brogues go dusty, sorry mate :).
Re pocket squares I haven't quite made the transition yet. I don't even own one () but have been considering picking a few up. Stay tuned!
I think we are well and truly beating a dead horse here with this eBay argument. You guys might just have to agree to disagree, purely for the sake of keeping up with the thread. Lets change the topic shall we -
What's everyone cooking for dinner? I'm just about to fire up the barbie for some marinated pork cutlets with mash and steamed vegies, Washed down with a Hoegarden.
My last day of paternity leave so we just finished off some Bistecca alla Fiorentina and some vegies tossed with some good quality olive oil and garlic
Also cracked open a bottle of Hay Shed Hill Cab Sav mmmm
Cool didnt know u guys got busy on this - im not certain i agree Cutler should be listed as "best bespoke in oz" ... the fit of their suits are terrible and are an absolute rip off.
I am the same as you.
Some of those P Johnson pocket squares look pretty damn sexy. For $55 including shipping, that ain't too bad.
As men, we already know the incidences of prostate cancer and male depression are very high so I'll save you all the spiel. I will ask, however, that you please donate to the Movember cause here.
damn we've found dirty sanchez
Yeah Rob. Please please please update that Wiki with your suiting knowledge.
Someone came on last night asking where they should buy their first suit. I am guessing this has happened 20x in this thread before.
- Australian Members
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 16 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Alden rare shell chukkas 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw