Thanks for highlighting this. I'm happy to confess I pinched that line from someone I heard talking about this idea a few years ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1408post #21106 of 5784111/12/12 at 8:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21107 of 5784111/12/12 at 8:02pmpost #21108 of 5784111/12/12 at 8:08pmpost #21109 of 5784111/12/12 at 8:09pmpost #21110 of 5784111/12/12 at 8:11pmpost #21111 of 5784111/12/12 at 8:12pmpost #21112 of 5784111/12/12 at 8:20pmpost #21113 of 5784111/12/12 at 8:26pmpost #21114 of 5784111/12/12 at 8:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by thebrownman
As men, we already know the incidences of prostate cancer and male depression are very high so I'll save you all the spiel. I will ask, however, that you please donate to the Movember cause here.
That is impressive for 13 days' worth! Is that thing alive??post #21115 of 5784111/12/12 at 9:08pmpost #21116 of 5784111/12/12 at 9:37pmQuote:
I couldn't believe how much of an impact 10kg of weight loss had on my face shape. Looking at old photos is strange.post #21117 of 5784111/12/12 at 9:37pmpost #21118 of 5784111/12/12 at 9:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
Mr Sy, most ties are lined and many off-the-rack ties are quite heavily lined, so it's unlikely that the other ties you fondled are unlined.
A lot of the rigidity probably comes from the silk that is used. For example, woven ties are often stiffer than printed ties due to the texture and thickness of the silk. The weave is also important - a silk twill will be stiffer than some other silk weaves, as another example.
Even printed ties can differ, as I've got quite a few silk neat print ties by Marinella and some are quite soft whilst others have a stiffer hand - so even the same type of tie, from the same manufacturer, can feel different depending on the exact type of silk cloth used.
Ah! So that would explain why silk ties can feel quite different. Thanks JM, that was explained quite well. So if two silk ties feel different, it could be the variation in the thickness of the lining, the weave of the silk or how the tie was woven.post #21119 of 5784111/12/12 at 9:47pm
And therefore I offer my services as a cleaner. We have gone corporate now, and we call them Hygiene Service Officers.
In crime fiction, a cleaner is a person who destroys or removes any incriminating evidence at the scene of a crime, typically a murder, as if the crime never happened. Knowledge of crime scene investigation is required, as well as an implacable manner as the perpetrator, who is usually agitated and confused, is inevitably involved with the cleanup.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Hickey freeman suits 42 seconds ago
- › MC General Chat 48 seconds ago
- › The Official 2014 Thrift Thread Find of the Year - Cheapies HOF 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 2 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 College Football Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...