Thanks for highlighting this. I'm happy to confess I pinched that line from someone I heard talking about this idea a few years ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1408post #21106 of 5255011/12/12 at 8:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21107 of 5255011/12/12 at 8:02pmpost #21108 of 5255011/12/12 at 8:08pmpost #21109 of 5255011/12/12 at 8:09pmpost #21110 of 5255011/12/12 at 8:11pmpost #21111 of 5255011/12/12 at 8:12pmpost #21112 of 5255011/12/12 at 8:20pmpost #21113 of 5255011/12/12 at 8:26pmpost #21114 of 5255011/12/12 at 8:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by thebrownman
As men, we already know the incidences of prostate cancer and male depression are very high so I'll save you all the spiel. I will ask, however, that you please donate to the Movember cause here.
That is impressive for 13 days' worth! Is that thing alive??post #21115 of 5255011/12/12 at 9:08pmpost #21116 of 5255011/12/12 at 9:37pmQuote:
I couldn't believe how much of an impact 10kg of weight loss had on my face shape. Looking at old photos is strange.post #21117 of 5255011/12/12 at 9:37pmpost #21118 of 5255011/12/12 at 9:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
Mr Sy, most ties are lined and many off-the-rack ties are quite heavily lined, so it's unlikely that the other ties you fondled are unlined.
A lot of the rigidity probably comes from the silk that is used. For example, woven ties are often stiffer than printed ties due to the texture and thickness of the silk. The weave is also important - a silk twill will be stiffer than some other silk weaves, as another example.
Even printed ties can differ, as I've got quite a few silk neat print ties by Marinella and some are quite soft whilst others have a stiffer hand - so even the same type of tie, from the same manufacturer, can feel different depending on the exact type of silk cloth used.
Ah! So that would explain why silk ties can feel quite different. Thanks JM, that was explained quite well. So if two silk ties feel different, it could be the variation in the thickness of the lining, the weave of the silk or how the tie was woven.post #21119 of 5255011/12/12 at 9:47pm
And therefore I offer my services as a cleaner. We have gone corporate now, and we call them Hygiene Service Officers.
In crime fiction, a cleaner is a person who destroys or removes any incriminating evidence at the scene of a crime, typically a murder, as if the crime never happened. Knowledge of crime scene investigation is required, as well as an implacable manner as the perpetrator, who is usually agitated and confused, is inevitably involved with the cleanup.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 24 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Naked and famous denim 4 minutes ago
- › Southwick for J Press 38R 100% Wool Gray Flannel Suit 5 minutes ago
- › SNS Herning Knit Blowout! Cardigan, Jackets, Zips XL & L 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)