Thanks for highlighting this. I'm happy to confess I pinched that line from someone I heard talking about this idea a few years ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1408post #21106 of 6794611/12/12 at 8:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21107 of 6794611/12/12 at 8:02pmMoustache tamer.
As men, we already know the incidences of prostate cancer and male depression are very high so I'll save you all the spiel. I will ask, however, that you please donate to the Movember cause here.post #21108 of 6794611/12/12 at 8:08pmpost #21109 of 6794611/12/12 at 8:09pmpost #21110 of 6794611/12/12 at 8:11pmpost #21111 of 6794611/12/12 at 8:12pmpost #21112 of 6794611/12/12 at 8:20pmpost #21113 of 6794611/12/12 at 8:26pmpost #21114 of 6794611/12/12 at 8:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by thebrownman
As men, we already know the incidences of prostate cancer and male depression are very high so I'll save you all the spiel. I will ask, however, that you please donate to the Movember cause here.
That is impressive for 13 days' worth! Is that thing alive??post #21115 of 6794611/12/12 at 9:08pmpost #21116 of 6794611/12/12 at 9:37pmQuote:
I couldn't believe how much of an impact 10kg of weight loss had on my face shape. Looking at old photos is strange.post #21117 of 6794611/12/12 at 9:37pmpost #21118 of 6794611/12/12 at 9:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
Mr Sy, most ties are lined and many off-the-rack ties are quite heavily lined, so it's unlikely that the other ties you fondled are unlined.
A lot of the rigidity probably comes from the silk that is used. For example, woven ties are often stiffer than printed ties due to the texture and thickness of the silk. The weave is also important - a silk twill will be stiffer than some other silk weaves, as another example.
Even printed ties can differ, as I've got quite a few silk neat print ties by Marinella and some are quite soft whilst others have a stiffer hand - so even the same type of tie, from the same manufacturer, can feel different depending on the exact type of silk cloth used.
Ah! So that would explain why silk ties can feel quite different. Thanks JM, that was explained quite well. So if two silk ties feel different, it could be the variation in the thickness of the lining, the weave of the silk or how the tie was woven.post #21119 of 6794611/12/12 at 9:47pm
And therefore I offer my services as a cleaner. We have gone corporate now, and we call them Hygiene Service Officers.
In crime fiction, a cleaner is a person who destroys or removes any incriminating evidence at the scene of a crime, typically a murder, as if the crime never happened. Knowledge of crime scene investigation is required, as well as an implacable manner as the perpetrator, who is usually agitated and confused, is inevitably involved with the cleanup.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › Vicuna Topcoat? 1 minute ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Missing posters 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?