Thanks for highlighting this. I'm happy to confess I pinched that line from someone I heard talking about this idea a few years ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1408post #21106 of 6346111/12/12 at 8:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21107 of 6346111/12/12 at 8:02pmpost #21108 of 6346111/12/12 at 8:08pmpost #21109 of 6346111/12/12 at 8:09pmpost #21110 of 6346111/12/12 at 8:11pmpost #21111 of 6346111/12/12 at 8:12pmpost #21112 of 6346111/12/12 at 8:20pmpost #21113 of 6346111/12/12 at 8:26pmpost #21114 of 6346111/12/12 at 8:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by thebrownman
As men, we already know the incidences of prostate cancer and male depression are very high so I'll save you all the spiel. I will ask, however, that you please donate to the Movember cause here.
That is impressive for 13 days' worth! Is that thing alive??post #21115 of 6346111/12/12 at 9:08pmpost #21116 of 6346111/12/12 at 9:37pmQuote:
I couldn't believe how much of an impact 10kg of weight loss had on my face shape. Looking at old photos is strange.post #21117 of 6346111/12/12 at 9:37pmpost #21118 of 6346111/12/12 at 9:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
Mr Sy, most ties are lined and many off-the-rack ties are quite heavily lined, so it's unlikely that the other ties you fondled are unlined.
A lot of the rigidity probably comes from the silk that is used. For example, woven ties are often stiffer than printed ties due to the texture and thickness of the silk. The weave is also important - a silk twill will be stiffer than some other silk weaves, as another example.
Even printed ties can differ, as I've got quite a few silk neat print ties by Marinella and some are quite soft whilst others have a stiffer hand - so even the same type of tie, from the same manufacturer, can feel different depending on the exact type of silk cloth used.
Ah! So that would explain why silk ties can feel quite different. Thanks JM, that was explained quite well. So if two silk ties feel different, it could be the variation in the thickness of the lining, the weave of the silk or how the tie was woven.post #21119 of 6346111/12/12 at 9:47pm
And therefore I offer my services as a cleaner. We have gone corporate now, and we call them Hygiene Service Officers.
In crime fiction, a cleaner is a person who destroys or removes any incriminating evidence at the scene of a crime, typically a murder, as if the crime never happened. Knowledge of crime scene investigation is required, as well as an implacable manner as the perpetrator, who is usually agitated and confused, is inevitably involved with the cleanup.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Site Topics - Part II 6 seconds ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Pay to vote... 1 minute ago
- › Tie consolidation: Sam Hober, Drakes, Kiton, Brioni 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 2 minutes ago
- › Paris restaurants 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL... 6 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...