Just sent you a PM, Matt.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:49am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
Australian Members - Page 1403
At the risk of getting yelled at by other members, you might like to look in at Azzaro and try on some of their Versace stuff. It is pretty slim fitting.
The also have really nice Antichi Telai suits that I would consider slim fit.
If you can find something there that fits, 2 for <1500 is quite doable.
Attention fellow Brisbanites:
Would anyone happen to be free to meet up for a drink or two after work this Thursday, 15 November?
I'm thinking of arranging an SF dinner sometime soon, as our last big get-together was in October last year, but in the interim I thought that it might be nice to catch up for a chat and a drink or two.
Please let me know what you think.
+1 JM. Subject to the usual daily #$%^ sandwiches that come my way would be interested in catch up with 'the locals'
DR, how do you handle this scenario (I've experienced similar ones)?
You want to get a Barbour jacket (for example). There are five up on eBay and the auctions are ending at around the same time, say 3:30am because the sellers are in the US. You wouldn't mind winning any one of them but you obviously don't want to end up with five of them. Remember, once your bid is in, that's it. Actually, can you even withdraw eBay bids?
Without Gixen, I'd need to stay up till the early hours and manage this all manually.
With Gixen, I can bid on all five and group the bids so that if I win one, all my other bids on the other items are withdrawn.
Ahhh, finally, I now see the sense on Gixen, if for no other REAL purpose, this nails it, thans GN. Multiple items where your hoping to score one IS the sole real purpose
Wallander. Very good also. New series starts Nov 18
What's happening guys - first time into this particular thread and sub-forum :)
Thoughts on my first suit purchases for full time work; have a budget of anywhere from $1000 to $2500, looking at getting two new suits for a 5-day a week job, living in Melbourne. I have quite a slim physique, generally OTR stuff doesn't fit well.
Hear good things about P Johnson and American Tailors. Any other suggestions, questions or thoughts?
Cool mate. Knowing that your a 40 reg, same size as me then the 41 might be better. Comparing it to a H/bone slim fit I'd rate it as similar, maybe a bit slimmer. Anyway I'll have the measurements up soon enough when they go live. Will post a fit pic tomorrow too.
Sweet. Thanks Jas. The 41 will definitely be better everywhere but the neck. My neck doesn't get fat, just my abdomen.
:D. They use to all be made in Japan, now they are all made in China. That is what I was told from the SA at Herringbone.
I have been a poster on Whirlpool since 2004 so I used that to start of my suiting research. I basically read one persons posts and was convinced - I didn't do thorough research. I went with the 'Back to Work Special' from Elite, which comprised 5 cotton shirts and 2 fully canvassed suits with extra pants for $1,000. Normally, the suits are $498 each with extra pants and the shirts $89 each. The first suit I have received. It is a grey suit made in China from Chinese wool that was milled in China. Yet to receive the second charcoal suit. It will also be made in China, but the wool will be Australian and milled in Australia.
The shirting fabric is nothing special. I prefer the fabric from the one Rhodes and Beckett shirt I have had for some time.
I showed P Bear photos of the first suit - he said it looked like shit on me. Others said it wasn't too bad, but it needed tweaking.
The 3rd and final suit I bought was a navy suit from MJ Bale for $550 (supposedly on special). $100 of alterations was required. The fabric, construction and fit are significantly better than the Elite suit I have.
SF, and in particular the Aussie members, have been pivotal in educating and helping me. I owe the boys. Big time.
6 months ago I was oblivious to such things as collar gap, skinny lapels, good year welted shoes, fused suits etc
Now i cant help picking TV hosts get ups apart with their matching tie's and PS's, not too mention shiny suits with anemic lapels....
Come to think of it, can't seem to think of a well dressed TV host....
BTW father of one
It is enlightening, isn't it? I just hope that all the experienced people can tolerate us.
BTW, PROUD father of one
- Australian Members
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › NWT LBM 1911 Suit 50/40R Navy 2 minutes ago
- › Bookster Customer Service 3 minutes ago
- › Loake monk shoes (Islington, Fleet and Cannon) 3 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Jewelry Topic 6 minutes ago
- › 13.5 oz Cone Mills Selvedge, Made in San Fransisco, and only $81?... 6 minutes ago
- › The StyleForum Runway & High Fashion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw