or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1383

post #20731 of 58027
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

I remember reading once many years ago someone saying that you should wear a suit like you don't give a damn or wear it like it's the most precious thing you own. I sometimes ponder that.

A man should look as if he has bought his clothes with intelligence, put them on with care and then forgotten all about them. Hardy Amies

I wonder is this why I went to University? To be able to quote obscure cultural references to mens fashion.biggrin.gif

Also BB continue to inundate my mail box with offers this one 70% off http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Sale/sale,default,sc.html?CMP=EMC_20121108_Flash_Sale&et_cid=217724&et_rid=9672676&j=217724&l=97696&
Edited by Geoffrey Firmin - 11/8/12 at 2:10pm
post #20732 of 58027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

A man should look as if he has bought his clothes with intelligence, put them on with care and then forgotten all about them. Hardy Amies
I wonder is this why I went to University? To be able to quote obscure cultural references to mens fashion.biggrin.gif

Of course. And to get a job to be able to waste spend money on said clothes.
post #20733 of 58027
Thank christ it's Friday...




Coat: Corneliani
Shirt: Cottonwork
Tie: Henry Carter Chocolate Brown knit
Trousers: MBT linen blend
Chose: Carmina
post #20734 of 58027

Great coat, it that an ebay special? I've seen something like that float around a few times. What sort of fabric is it?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post

Thank christ it's Friday...


Coat: Corneliani
Shirt: Cottonwork
Tie: Henry Carter Chocolate Brown knit
Trousers: MBT linen blend
Chose: Carmina
 

 

 

post #20735 of 58027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post

[L]ife is good when I can concern myself (and bore others) with such trivial matters.

This is very true.

Spent 10 minutes chatting to the man taking donations at the train station this morning for Remembrance Day on Sunday. Spent the train ride reflecting and feeling far too entitled for spending hours deliberating on grades of calf or colours of cordovan..
post #20736 of 58027
CD, great call on the Common Projects smile.gif
post #20737 of 58027
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post

Great coat, it that an ebay special? I've seen something like that float around a few times. What sort of fabric is it?
It was off eBay in America, can't remember the name of the store, Frieshky's or something. They have some crap stuff and some really good stuff. It was only about $250 I think BNWT. Made in Italy, cotton Herringbone and quarter lined. It needs a smidge more taken out of the waist which you can't notice in the image. They also have some good looking stuff from a label called House of Carrington that's worth checking out.
post #20738 of 58027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post


It was off eBay in America, can't remember the name of the store, Frieshky's or something. They have some crap stuff and some really good stuff. It was only about $250 I think BNWT. Made in Italy, cotton Herringbone and quarter lined. It needs a smidge more taken out of the waist which you can't notice in the image. They also have some good looking stuff from a label called House of Carrington that's worth checking out.

Ah yes I know the store. I've wondered about that house of carrington stuff, it looked quite nice but I couldn't find much info on it at all at the time.

post #20739 of 58027
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

This is very true.
Spent 10 minutes chatting to the man taking donations at the train station this morning for Remembrance Day on Sunday. Spent the train ride reflecting and feeling far too entitled for spending hours deliberating on grades of calf or colours of cordovan..

TBM

The Salvos add on TV last night made think about the plight of others who are less well off. Next pay day I will kick them a ton can spare it this pay, probably means the new suede oxfords remain on hold.

I imagine you have a few hours a week spare that could go to a worthy cause?
post #20740 of 58027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

TBM
The Salvos add on TV last night made think about the plight of others who are less well off. Next pay day I will kick them a ton can spare it this pay, probably means the new suede oxfords remain on hold.
I imagine you have a few hours a week spare that could go to a worthy cause?

I am involved in a couple of youth-oriented community organisations on a weekly basis, but sure, there's always the capacity to do more, or assist more in any way smile.gif
post #20741 of 58027
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

I am involved in a couple of youth-oriented community organisations on a weekly basis, but sure, there's always the capacity to do more, or assist more in any way smile.gif

Bar hopping on Friday night doesn't count.
post #20742 of 58027
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

Bar hopping on Friday night doesn't count.

LOL, good call biggrin.gif
post #20743 of 58027
Shoe talk:

Thinking of picking up some black or dark brown calf tassel loafers. Alternatively, burgundy shell cordovan.

Likely nothing will come of this. 30 minutes spent internet searching, etc. but just thought I'd share..

LOL
post #20744 of 58027
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Shoe talk:
Thinking of picking up some black or dark brown calf tassel loafers. Alternatively, burgundy shell cordovan.
Likely nothing will come of this. 30 minutes spent internet searching, etc. but just thought I'd share..
LOL

What are Christian's loafers going to be like? Would they fit the bill?
post #20745 of 58027
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Shoe talk:
Thinking of picking up some black or dark brown calf tassel loafers. Alternatively, burgundy shell cordovan.
Likely nothing will come of this. 30 minutes spent internet searching, etc. but just thought I'd share..
LOL

TBM, if you like a more chiselled toe, you could have a look at the Sutor Mantellassi tassel loafers from Shop the Finest that I linked to a few days ago - click here.

Alternatively, if you like a more traditional, softer toe, you could look at Loake - click here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members