Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1377post #20641 of 6790811/7/12 at 6:45pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20642 of 6790811/7/12 at 6:48pmQuote:
Their timberland style boot is good for mowing the lawn /painting house….etc.
I have a pair which I think will out last me. I do not recommend this pair to go with a suit !post #20643 of 6790811/7/12 at 6:51pmpost #20644 of 6790811/7/12 at 6:58pmQuote:
TBM - i woke up and had the shoes in the cart this morning but didnt spot the discount code whilst on my phone .. now the size doubt has sunk in and im sitting in this exact state of mind. Ill mull it over like pinksockspost #20645 of 6790811/7/12 at 6:59pmpost #20646 of 6790811/7/12 at 6:59pmQuote:The thing I love most about fxh's posts (and there are many) are that he explains his own jokes...I am sure he makes them up off the cuff (get that? - cuffs are on shirts, and even some trousers, and this is a forum with an interest in clothes, and shirts and trousers are clothes, and off the cuff is a expression for improvising and making it up on the spot.....oh dear now I am doing it)....
(my spelling mistakes aside)post #20647 of 6790811/7/12 at 7:03pmQuote:
As someone who is in one of those professions my first thought was "not sure if srs".post #20648 of 6790811/7/12 at 7:06pmpost #20649 of 6790811/7/12 at 7:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by TehBunny
FUARK Darn it TBM....
I was drinking my coffee while I was reading this post and when I hit the punch line it snorted out my nose......
Any watch aficionados here I'm looking for a vintage military watch (ww2 style) under $300 something along the lines of a Hamilton...if you find me one I will turn 'Senor Chang's catch phrase comes to mind..' for you :)
Sorry guy's but my post got ignored and I'd really like some tips for a watch as I'm not very experienced but my dad has wanted one for a long while.
Thanks :)post #20650 of 6790811/7/12 at 7:39pmpost #20651 of 6790811/7/12 at 7:42pmQuote:
Nothing wrong with the 73 range quality wise, just that they don't seem to fit most people in the same sizes as other makers do (may need to half up or go for a G width etc.) One peculiarity is the "shallowness" (something in common with certain members here) of the last, making them a poor choice if you have a high instep.
Normally I would say take a punt on getting a pair for $280, and worst case you spend another $60 on sending them back but will still be ahead of RRP when you exchange for your right size. Trouble is, if this is their last shipment then there may not be any of your "right size" left when you return them, meaning you're just out of pocket for postage with bupkiss to show for it (or you have to try and flip them on B&S for a likely bigger loss than you could send them back for).
Personally, I would only order a pair if you're pretty confident of your size.post #20652 of 6790811/7/12 at 7:42pmpost #20653 of 6790811/7/12 at 7:43pmQuote:
Why don't you try Owen & James? Rob seems like a friendly guy with good taste and his chinos certainly come in some bright spring colours.post #20654 of 6790811/7/12 at 7:44pmpost #20655 of 6790811/7/12 at 7:47pmQuote:
New, used, mechanical, quartz, auto, vintage, vintage looking, size, strap, brand, bracelet, location, case size?
One google search, clicking on the first link resulted in this. http://www.coolvintagewatches.com/Watches/Under_300/under_300.htm
Go, read, search, decide..
- Australian Members
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?
- › Quintessential Knit Ties: Comprehensive Discussion & Appreciation 19 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 38 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF FEB... 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...