Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Australian Members - Page 1377post #20641 of 6794611/7/12 at 6:45pmpost #20642 of 6794611/7/12 at 6:48pmQuote:
Their timberland style boot is good for mowing the lawn /painting house….etc.
I have a pair which I think will out last me. I do not recommend this pair to go with a suit !post #20643 of 6794611/7/12 at 6:51pmpost #20644 of 6794611/7/12 at 6:58pmQuote:
TBM - i woke up and had the shoes in the cart this morning but didnt spot the discount code whilst on my phone .. now the size doubt has sunk in and im sitting in this exact state of mind. Ill mull it over like pinksockspost #20645 of 6794611/7/12 at 6:59pmpost #20646 of 6794611/7/12 at 6:59pmQuote:The thing I love most about fxh's posts (and there are many) are that he explains his own jokes...I am sure he makes them up off the cuff (get that? - cuffs are on shirts, and even some trousers, and this is a forum with an interest in clothes, and shirts and trousers are clothes, and off the cuff is a expression for improvising and making it up on the spot.....oh dear now I am doing it)....
(my spelling mistakes aside)post #20647 of 6794611/7/12 at 7:03pmQuote:
As someone who is in one of those professions my first thought was "not sure if srs".post #20648 of 6794611/7/12 at 7:06pmpost #20649 of 6794611/7/12 at 7:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by TehBunny
FUARK Darn it TBM....
I was drinking my coffee while I was reading this post and when I hit the punch line it snorted out my nose......
Any watch aficionados here I'm looking for a vintage military watch (ww2 style) under $300 something along the lines of a Hamilton...if you find me one I will turn 'Senor Chang's catch phrase comes to mind..' for you :)
Sorry guy's but my post got ignored and I'd really like some tips for a watch as I'm not very experienced but my dad has wanted one for a long while.
Thanks :)post #20650 of 6794611/7/12 at 7:39pmpost #20651 of 6794611/7/12 at 7:42pmQuote:
Nothing wrong with the 73 range quality wise, just that they don't seem to fit most people in the same sizes as other makers do (may need to half up or go for a G width etc.) One peculiarity is the "shallowness" (something in common with certain members here) of the last, making them a poor choice if you have a high instep.
Normally I would say take a punt on getting a pair for $280, and worst case you spend another $60 on sending them back but will still be ahead of RRP when you exchange for your right size. Trouble is, if this is their last shipment then there may not be any of your "right size" left when you return them, meaning you're just out of pocket for postage with bupkiss to show for it (or you have to try and flip them on B&S for a likely bigger loss than you could send them back for).
Personally, I would only order a pair if you're pretty confident of your size.post #20652 of 6794611/7/12 at 7:42pmpost #20653 of 6794611/7/12 at 7:43pmQuote:
Why don't you try Owen & James? Rob seems like a friendly guy with good taste and his chinos certainly come in some bright spring colours.post #20654 of 6794611/7/12 at 7:44pmpost #20655 of 6794611/7/12 at 7:47pmQuote:
New, used, mechanical, quartz, auto, vintage, vintage looking, size, strap, brand, bracelet, location, case size?
One google search, clicking on the first link resulted in this. http://www.coolvintagewatches.com/Watches/Under_300/under_300.htm
Go, read, search, decide..
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 30 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Batch - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum HoF GMTO - The Hopper Boot ORDER NOW 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...