Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1377post #20641 of 6333211/7/12 at 6:45pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20642 of 6333211/7/12 at 6:48pmQuote:
Their timberland style boot is good for mowing the lawn /painting house….etc.
I have a pair which I think will out last me. I do not recommend this pair to go with a suit !post #20643 of 6333211/7/12 at 6:51pmpost #20644 of 6333211/7/12 at 6:58pmQuote:
TBM - i woke up and had the shoes in the cart this morning but didnt spot the discount code whilst on my phone .. now the size doubt has sunk in and im sitting in this exact state of mind. Ill mull it over like pinksockspost #20645 of 6333211/7/12 at 6:59pmpost #20646 of 6333211/7/12 at 6:59pmQuote:The thing I love most about fxh's posts (and there are many) are that he explains his own jokes...I am sure he makes them up off the cuff (get that? - cuffs are on shirts, and even some trousers, and this is a forum with an interest in clothes, and shirts and trousers are clothes, and off the cuff is a expression for improvising and making it up on the spot.....oh dear now I am doing it)....
(my spelling mistakes aside)post #20647 of 6333211/7/12 at 7:03pmQuote:
As someone who is in one of those professions my first thought was "not sure if srs".post #20648 of 6333211/7/12 at 7:06pmpost #20649 of 6333211/7/12 at 7:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by TehBunny
FUARK Darn it TBM....
I was drinking my coffee while I was reading this post and when I hit the punch line it snorted out my nose......
Any watch aficionados here I'm looking for a vintage military watch (ww2 style) under $300 something along the lines of a Hamilton...if you find me one I will turn 'Senor Chang's catch phrase comes to mind..' for you :)
Sorry guy's but my post got ignored and I'd really like some tips for a watch as I'm not very experienced but my dad has wanted one for a long while.
Thanks :)post #20650 of 6333211/7/12 at 7:39pmpost #20651 of 6333211/7/12 at 7:42pmQuote:
Nothing wrong with the 73 range quality wise, just that they don't seem to fit most people in the same sizes as other makers do (may need to half up or go for a G width etc.) One peculiarity is the "shallowness" (something in common with certain members here) of the last, making them a poor choice if you have a high instep.
Normally I would say take a punt on getting a pair for $280, and worst case you spend another $60 on sending them back but will still be ahead of RRP when you exchange for your right size. Trouble is, if this is their last shipment then there may not be any of your "right size" left when you return them, meaning you're just out of pocket for postage with bupkiss to show for it (or you have to try and flip them on B&S for a likely bigger loss than you could send them back for).
Personally, I would only order a pair if you're pretty confident of your size.post #20652 of 6333211/7/12 at 7:42pmpost #20653 of 6333211/7/12 at 7:43pmQuote:
Why don't you try Owen & James? Rob seems like a friendly guy with good taste and his chinos certainly come in some bright spring colours.post #20654 of 6333211/7/12 at 7:44pmpost #20655 of 6333211/7/12 at 7:47pmQuote:
New, used, mechanical, quartz, auto, vintage, vintage looking, size, strap, brand, bracelet, location, case size?
One google search, clicking on the first link resulted in this. http://www.coolvintagewatches.com/Watches/Under_300/under_300.htm
Go, read, search, decide..
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 42 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 18 minutes ago
- › All Solids Challenge June 25th 20 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...