or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1353

post #20281 of 55210
If anyone wants *exclusive* Herringbone stock pre this whole new chapter in the company, holler! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #20282 of 55210
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post

Word is... He got the sack.
And while the MTM program was/ is quite a crock, it was enjoyable talking to someone on the same wavelength.
I understand that there are business concerns, but having seen the brand at its best in yesteryears, I can't help but feel we've lost something of value with Van Laack's insistence on turning Herringbone into something modeled after its own operations.
More and more, Herringbone is morphing into something I don't recognize.
 

 

Last weekend I tried stimulating discussion about Herringbone's MTM service. I probably shouldn't have brought it up the way I did.

 

In what way is it a crock? I assume it just isn't at the same level P Johnson is (never tried P Johnson), but probably charges close to, or equivalent to P Johnson prices? There are quite a few places popping up offering MTM services. Quite a few have been around for less than 24 months.

 

If you have seen 'Rake' on televesion recently, Roxburgh was always walking around in this really skinny lapel jacket with a waffer thin tie. I think it is 'in' with the masses at the moment.

 

When I was in my teen years, I was always told that Herringbone is the pinnacle of Australian Men's suiting. Sad to hear it doesn't carry the same prestige.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post


Actually Herringbone does do size 36 jackets but they run out quick.
And yes, the same mob.

 

Cheers for that. I do notice that a lot of Asian men buy size 36 :).

 

The one R&B shirt I have is quite nice - but very price. O&J pricey :).

post #20283 of 55210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

the one R&B shirt I have is quite nice - but very price. O&J pricey :).

 

Havent you heard O & J have now got a sale on - shirts $100! Get amongst it Sy!

post #20284 of 55210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post

 

Havent you heard O & J have now got a sale on - shirts $100! Get amongst it Sy!

 

I was on it from the word 'go'! From the time it took me to reach over and get my credit card, size 'small' in every style was sold out.

 

I could get extra large and get my tailor to taper it, but I think I will wait :).

post #20285 of 55210
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post

That's the one. Not quite brave enough to rock a 3 piece in a bank IT environment. smile.gif

Bugger - it didn't work on me - so its on another trip to Melb.
post #20286 of 55210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

Last weekend I tried stimulating discussion about Herringbone's MTM service. I probably shouldn't have brought it up the way I did.

 

I don't mean to be rude, but do a search! I asked about h-bone's made to measure service not long ago at all, and many of the regulars here set me straight. That will probably answer all your questions about it, and will save them the effort of writing it all out again.

post #20287 of 55210
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliq View Post

what's your favorite thrift item?

In general or a particular favourite?

I've about 150 silk ties costing between $1 - $5 for a start
post #20288 of 55210
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

I've about 150 silk ties

Almost time to consolidate?
post #20289 of 55210
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post


In general or a particular favourite?
I've about 150 silk ties costing between $1 - $5 for a start

 

You just made me choke on my Milo.

 

Inspiring stuff. 100% silk ties?

post #20290 of 55210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

You just made me choke on my Milo.

Inspiring stuff. 100% silk ties?

Yup - thicker than your dick
post #20291 of 55210
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Almost time to consolidate?

Thats not funny - if I kept a spreadsheet - I probably only wear 12 of them much at all.

But it kinda feels good to have them to look at.
Sometimes I wear something I don't like just to see what happens - mostly its not as bad as I think

My mate who has a bigger opshop collection had a bet with his work mates /PA that he would not be caught in the same tie more than once in an whole year.
post #20292 of 55210
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post


In general or a particular favourite?
I've about 150 silk ties costing between $1 - $5 for a start

My best op shop tie pick ups include 3 YSL 100% silk, 1 Givenchy tie, also picked up a Dunhill belt. All dirt cheap.

post #20293 of 55210
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Thats not funny - if I kept a spreadsheet - I probably only wear 12 of them much at all.
But it kinda feels good to have them to look at.
Sometimes I wear something I don't like just to see what happens - mostly its not as bad as I think
My mate who has a bigger opshop collection had a bet with his work mates /PA that he would not be caught in the same tie more than once in an whole year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post

My best op shop tie pick ups include 3 YSL 100% silk, 1 Givenchy tie, also picked up a Dunhill belt. All dirt cheap.

Beggars can be choosers...
post #20294 of 55210

i think im the guy that dumps all his clothes at op shops and you guys find "bargains" ... just make sure u wash em - i hand them in dirty lol

post #20295 of 55210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

i think im the guy that dumps all his clothes at op shops and you guys find "bargains" ... just make sure u wash em - i hand them in dirty lol

You philanthropist  - most flog off their wares on Ebay for a buck. With a baby on board things may change smile.gif 

PS re baby ware - we've picked up awesome outfits for a song off RL online. Our bundle of terror looks all Brooks Brother Ivory League, on a budget - he's got me covered.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members