or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1345

post #20161 of 57963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


Nice, thanks. That's my last Navy grenadine in stock but it will be re-stocked before xmas when all the knit ties come.
Speaking of Navy Grenadine, I'm wearing it today...

 

 

 

 

love the suit. Herringbone?

post #20162 of 57963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Bruno Mars for sure and John Mayer as well. Both are great writers and that's what sets them apart from the others you mentioned.

Mayer's an underrated guitarist, too.
post #20163 of 57963
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennier View Post


Mayer's an underrated guitarist, too.

 

i read his few posts on hodinkee. he's quite the rolex fan.

post #20164 of 57963
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennier View Post

Mayer's an underrated guitarist, too.

Yeah, apparently so. A mate at work who's quite the guitarist himself was telling me that Mayer's technically very proficient, and releasing pop-driven music helps his bank balance, but on skill alone he's up there with the best of them. I had no idea.
post #20165 of 57963
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennier View Post


Mayer's an underrated guitarist, too.

 

He's pretty much the whole package - great instrumentalist and vocalist and easily marketable. He's also a big collector of vintage rolexes. If you take a listen to his EP Inside Wants Out and compare it to No Room For Squares, you can hear him pretty much play the whole band arrangement on one guitar for a number of songs. I think a lot of people would have gotten a taste of his guitar playing when he played an instrumental version of Michael Jackson's Human Nature at the Grammys a year ago.

 

 

 

By the way, TBM, there's a 2 hour wotif special at http://promo.wotif.com/two-hour-steal/au/index.html?stlcmpid=NLA5133 - Sydney's on the list.

post #20166 of 57963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post
then again noone may share my tastes.

 

Somehow I doubt that ...

post #20167 of 57963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

He's pretty much the whole package - great instrumentalist and vocalist and easily marketable. He's also a big collector of vintage rolexes. If you take a listen to his EP Inside Wants Out and compare it to No Room For Squares, you can hear him pretty much play the whole band arrangement on one guitar for a number of songs. I think a lot of people would have gotten a taste of his guitar playing when he played an instrumental version of Michael Jackson's Human Nature at the Grammys a year ago.



By the way, TBM, there's a 2 hour wotif special at http://promo.wotif.com/two-hour-steal/au/index.html?stlcmpid=NLA5133 - Sydney's on the list.

Cheers for the wotif link, Gerry smile.gif

Yeah, his instrumental of Human Nature was very impressive.
post #20168 of 57963
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post


Yeah, apparently so. A mate at work who's quite the guitarist himself was telling me that Mayer's technically very proficient, and releasing pop-driven music helps his bank balance, but on skill alone he's up there with the best of them. I had no idea.

+ 1

 

Slash vs John Mayer at The House of Blues... you be the judge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNuAdB5oVrU

 

Mayer has made debatable career moves which has affected his "credibility" in certain music circles, his marksmanship however is spot on!

post #20169 of 57963
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliq View Post

 

love the suit. Herringbone?

 

I might be mistaken, it looks like an MJ Bale, the Mudgee.

post #20170 of 57963
Mayer on Chappelle...

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/0cc0bac3ce/chappelle-show-dancing-for-different-cultures
post #20171 of 57963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

Speaking of short-lived teenie bopper sensations, where is blahman these days?

I was helping him put together an australian version of a Korean or Canto Pop Boy Band.
Then Gangnam Style took off and he got disheartened.
He's taking time off, to get some time for himself, at a rehab centre in USA and re-considering his musical directions.

He'll, NO We'll, be back with renewed energy.

edit:: We absolutely deny that his short break has anything to do with the maliciously motivated and untrue police allegations of inappropriate behavior with the high school girls at the Hello Kitty stand at the recent anime convention
post #20172 of 57963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post

I might be mistaken, it looks like an MJ Bale, the Mudgee.
You are correct sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post

Such a great tie. Wore mine yesterday. Love it. Looking forward to the cashmere ones...in the next few days might post some pictures of a couple of ties I like to see if there is any chance you will be producing something similar (or I can get enough Aus Members interest for the next Aus Members SF Tie)...then again noone may share my tastes.
Sure thing, I'm still gathering ideas for next season (March next year) and will be ordering swatches to be delivered at xmas as well. I'll be sampling every fabric that will go in to the range next season so clients will be able to pre-order a custom length/width if they want something different to the standard. In the near future, when I re-stock the navy grenadine I'm going to add a few bits and pieces to keep me going until then. Black Grenadine, navy pin dot plus a few more printed designs I'd say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Really happy that I picked it up then! I've had my eye on it for a while.
You may have missed my post earlier, but I was just interested to know why you chose Ludlows as your first retail stockist? If it's a private or commercial reason don't worry about it. Just thought it was an interesting choice.
Not sure if you have been in there, but your ties have a prime position on an antique table in the middle of their store. I hope they sell well!
Ludlows actually chose me and luckily they fit in with the brands aesthetic very well. Richard the owner reads SF on occasion but doesn't post and found out about me through here. It's pleasing to know they are in good position in the store. I am approaching more retail stores now as the brand grows, but certainly they need to be the right kind of stores. I should really do a trip down to Melbourne but with full time work and impending fatherhood of my own in February I don't know when that would be. It would be good to do a meet-up all the Melbourne members though while I'm there.
post #20173 of 57963
Going to a masquerade ball in November. No specific dress code has been specified.

I know no other details (yet), other than it's in Canberra. Talk to me - what do I wear. *EDIT* ?
post #20174 of 57963
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Going to a masquerade ball in November. No specific dress code has been specified.
I know no other details (yet), other than it's in Canberra. Talk to me - what do I wear. *EDIT* ?

Just my opinion, but I'd go a mask.

post #20175 of 57963
I'd wear black tie and a mask
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members