Tie is 8cm at widest point and 150cm long. Medium spread collar.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 11/14/13 at 8:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1338
Styleforum Top Picks
Bunny - I am always encouraging people to ask questions. Even silly ones. Heck I even indulge some of those misguided individuals what go sockless.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This question is one of yours I have problems with - theres others the same.
Its a short short question that is almost impossible to answer - theres no context, no background, no idea of why you are asking and it seems to assume theres one right answer.
You've already seen with a question above about "flannel" in summer that the answer, like most questions in life, varies - depending.
If you want help you need to expand more.
What summer where, is it for a suit, or pants or jacket, what do you have already, do you have an opinion, are you getting a bespoke suit made, will it be lined, do you know what fresco is, ...... and so on...
It depends - if you are walking outside on a 40C day then it really doesn't matter much what you are wearing - you'll be hot.
Maybe only 42.5C inside an open weave (fresco) unlined jacket as opposed to 44C inside a lined jacket or 41.5C inside a shirt with no jacket.
Some of these things are like debating the number of angels that can fit on a pin head - fascinating - but the answer doesn't make much real difference in everyday life.
Sorry again; it will be in Melbourne's heat (my thermostat says 30 degrees as of now T_T) and for suit, will be worn over an oxford or a linen blend. Trying to find a suit where the jacket is casual enough to wear on its own and if so might be worn over a polo. Not sure if it will be lined; though it will be either MTM or RTW (still looking)
....Actually totally get what you are saying (I think) about the hard/soft look and I think for the most part I wear things on the softer side (and I would imagine most Aus SFers and well dressed gents do). I am thinking brown or suede shoes, lighter or more textured materials for jackets/trousers, soft structured, unlined things, pocket squares that are not a solid colour, textured ties, more patterns (but subtle ones), and then things like white jeans, chinos, socks in any colour but black, maybe even a boutonniere.
That said I do love occasionally going the full British hard look (as we Scots as the UK's hard men), classic navy/charcoal suit, blue/white solid shirt, solid/mirco pattern tie, black shoes, darker socks (or bright red), white pocket square, maybe even a neat side parting.
Speaking of which another +1 on Rockit Barbers, someone mentioned them again a few pages back, think I will visit again this week....maybe no more All The King's Men for me...(too far away, too busy, cheap and possibly better cut at Rockit).
not a favorite of mine, nor have i tried it, but this knot looks very interesting (and busy)
Now is the time to celebrate! 20% off all Chinos?! I think so!
Congratulations mate. I saw some of your posts on the VW forums. I don't know why I just said that, but I did.
- Australian Members
- › Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › 2013 50 Book Challenge 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 9 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Any thoughts on Loake Mulligan? 12 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw