or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1335

post #20011 of 54911

Hey guys,

Kept my promise (hope that was 48 hours)...Just caught up on the last couple pages and saw the TV show discussion, on that point anyone watch Person of Interest?

post #20012 of 54911
Yeah I watch person of interest, if It's on and I'm not working. Great show.
post #20013 of 54911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post

Speaking of RM Williams, bought my first pair of white jeans this weekend. Not much choice around, the Gant Rugger ones were almost transparent, but RMW had a nice pair in a decent cut (Polo model). Need to get the shortened as they are far too long at the moment. Then I just need the weather and balls to rock some white denim...thinking I might go to the polo at Werribee Mansion in a couple weeks, could be the place for them.
As an aside I was pleased to see these were "Made in Australia" (possibly all RMW products are, I hope so, just was unaware).

White jeans are the go.

WIWWsunday
post #20014 of 54911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

Good advice fxh. The suede craftsmans (craftsmen?) are nice boots too. You don't really want to be getting around in Meerkat double monks if your kicking around the country, you might get some funny looks (you'll get them anywhere west of Glebe truth be told)...
On RM moleskin - you are right, they are a harder fabric compared to trad moleskins (soft, slightly furry), almost somewhere between cotton and canvas - thick twill as you say. Still, my experience is because of that thickness it can be a tad warm for summer (in much the same way fitted denim jeans are). A pair of neutral slim fit chinos will be cooler but still smart (not too soft though - what the English would probably call "drill pants").
Minus the cravat, Matt Preston tends to wear the "soft RM look" quite a bit. You could certainly dress worse; many do.

What little I've seen of Preston he still looks a bit hard for my liking. Cowboy boots, shiney stuff, high contrast, bright colours.

iirc he's a big fella and would benefit from softening his whole look.
post #20015 of 54911
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

What little I've seen of Preston he still looks a bit hard for my liking. Cowboy boots, shiney stuff, high contrast, bright colours.
iirc he's a big fella and would benefit from softening his whole look.

It fits his personality - and yes he is about 6'6" in those cubans. I guess we mean different things by "hard". Yes, he's definitely loud, but I wouldn't call those boots hard. Then again, you don't need to wear a biker jacket to look hard when you are 100 keggs.

matt-preston-2.jpg

If he undid the jacket buttons, and lost the cravat and PS he'd look a lot more casual and toned down. That's not his style though; to each his own.
post #20016 of 54911
yeah - I'd describe that look as hard.

He'd look great in a loose-ish light brown or beige linen suit and suede shoes or mesh spectators. He's the sort of bloke I 'd like to take under my wing and make it all work.

To me there too much mish mash and clash of styles, colours, materials etc. Jeans too low rise for his body shape, jacket too short, too shouldered, worsted is generally a hard look, look at those jacket armholes - whooaa, .....

Not to mention it doesn't do much ( anything?) for him except to make him stand out in a sea of dark suits and white open necked shirts. Sadly in Oz he'd make it as a well dressed gent.

It is a sort of un thought through band stage clothes that says look at me I used to be a young rock dog who likes cowboy gear and now I'm "livin tha dream" - getting the band back together mate -

You could even do that look better - take a squiz at Dwight Yoakum - he does the country rock dog* look perfectly.

* It is a look I used to know a lot about {wink}
post #20017 of 54911
This is how you do it right
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Edited by fxh - 10/29/12 at 10:20pm
post #20018 of 54911
Guitars, Cadillacs....
post #20019 of 54911
Popped into Ludlows before to switch over my jabot and saw their HC tie collection - wow. Even nicer than I had expected from the product photos. I'll be ordering a few very soon.

Out of interest, Jason, what made you choose Ludlows for the first rollout? Should we take this as an acknowledgement that Melbourne is Australia's sartorial capital, and moreover that the gents in the legal precint are the best dressed in the city?
post #20020 of 54911
Anyone looking for something dapper to wear to work or a new suit for the races - I've dropped the price on a couple of Herringbone items.

1. Osaka cut fully canvassed navy stripe suit, size 42R (waist 36, trousers come unhemmed) - BNWT





$575, please PM me with any questions. Retail price was $1395.

Also, Herringbone "Finlay" Charcoal suit jacket (40R) - $300 (Brand New With Tags), Trousers can be bought separately at Herringbone stores.

post #20021 of 54911
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

Guitars, Cadillacs....

Dim lights thick smoke and loud, loud music..

I've always liked the Bakersfield sound and now Dwight.

First Melb concert ASO
post #20022 of 54911
which vendor would provide the cheapest shipping costs for shoes to spain?
post #20023 of 54911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deapht View Post

which vendor would provide the cheapest shipping costs for shoes to spain?

Not more meerkats that didn't work out?
post #20024 of 54911
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

yeah - I'd describe that look as hard.
He'd look great in a loose-ish light brown or beige linen suit and suede shoes or mesh spectators. He's the sort of bloke I 'd like to take under my wing and make it all work.
To me there too much mish mash and clash of styles, colours, materials etc. Jeans too low rise for his body shape, jacket too short, too shouldered, worsted is generally a hard look, look at those jacket armholes - whooaa, .....
Not to mention it doesn't do much ( anything?) for him except to make him stand out in a sea of dark suits and white open necked shirts. Sadly in Oz he'd make it as a well dressed gent.
It is a sort of un thought through band stage clothes that says look at me I used to be a young rock dog who likes cowboy gear and now I'm "livin tha dream" - getting the band back together mate -
You could even do that look better - take a squiz at Dwight Yoakum - he does the country rock dog* look perfectly.
* It is a look I used to know a lot about {wink}

Ahh - by "hard" you mean "try hard"... yeah I can see how that could be levelled at him.
post #20025 of 54911
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Dim lights thick smoke and loud, loud music..
I've always liked the Bakersfield sound and now Dwight.
First Melb concert ASO

Fell for Dwight when he popped up one night on Rock Around the World all those years ago.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members