or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1329

post #19921 of 52471
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRolley View Post

Had to go with the glencheck :) I wanted to stand out a little and you guys seemed to love the Silver/Navy 

 

Nice! I think you'll be very pleased with it.

post #19922 of 52471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

It might even be a car coat like this: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Cotton-Car-Coat/ML00033,default,pd.html?dwvar_ML00033_Color=NAVY&dwvar_ML00033_Size=SML&contentpos=3

TBM, seriously? I mustn't have been watching properly because I don't recall ever seeing a collar gap on Specter's suits. Have you got any images handy?

You're getting distracted by his good looks, Gerry. It's a ploy, it happens at least once an episode.



At the end of the day, though, I don't think it matters.
post #19923 of 52471

That looks pretty bad. You would think a Tom Ford suit wouldn't have that issue.

 

I get very distracted by Rachel Zane though!

post #19924 of 52471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

That looks pretty bad. You would think a Tom Ford suit wouldn't have that issue.

I get very distracted by Rachel Zane though!

Tom Ford suffers from collar gap when wearing Tom Ford suits..



Here, I think it does matter, if only because he's publicly said he designs suits he'd like to wear, and at that price tag I don't think you'd want a suit with collar gap.

Ryan Gosling has collar gap too. In this instance, no-one gives a shit, especially women.

Rachel Zane? I liked the blonde girl, whatever her name was. Mike's scumbag friend's girlfriend.
post #19925 of 52471
Quote:
Originally Posted by eplam View Post

Mikhail Zenon in Sydney has a few http://mikhailzenon.com/blog/?page_id=266

Up There Store in Melbourne just got in a few chainstitch machines but they're not Singer http://www.uptherestore.com/blog/jason/2012/09/items-interest-sewing-machines

Funny you mention the machines at UpThereStore, I spoke to one of the guys there and he was telling me that the results using their Mitsubishi (I think it was..) machine are identical to the Singer ones.

FWIW I got quoted $30 for chain stitch hemming and a small crotch blow fix. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #19926 of 52471

Rachel is the paralegal whom he has that on again off again flirting thing with. 

Jenny was the scumbag friends ex girlfriend who was crazy and insecure.

Now he's boned it all up again with that married woman from his childhood.

 

Can't say I'm too cut up about the collar gap. It's a pretty glaring oversight on the part of the costume designers, but they get so much right it seems mean to pick on it too much.

post #19927 of 52471
Joiji, I know who Rachel is smile.gif The question mark was there for conversational purposes. Yeah, Mike fucked up it up real bad with that. Wonder what Season 3 will be like, or the second half of Season 2, whatever they're calling it. Does anyone watch Dexter? I hadn't seen until three weeks ago, and I'm now up to date with the US. What a show. (I've been at home sick for a couple of weeks, so had a fair amount of time to watch TV, polish shoes, etc.)
post #19928 of 52471
Quote:
Originally Posted by eplam View Post

Mikhail Zenon in Sydney has a few http://mikhailzenon.com/blog/?page_id=266

Up There Store in Melbourne just got in a few chainstitch machines but they're not Singer http://www.uptherestore.com/blog/jason/2012/09/items-interest-sewing-machines

+ 10 for Mikhail. He's been hemming and repairing my jeans for a few years now. I send them up to him by post and he sends them back hemmed or patched up good as new.
post #19929 of 52471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

That looks pretty bad. You would think a Tom Ford suit wouldn't have that issue.

I get very distracted by Rachel Zane though!

You and me both, Gerry.
post #19930 of 52471
Actually hot soaked my jeans today. Seeing if this and a tumble dry will adequately shrink them, else I'll have to buy new jeans because mine are fast becoming oversized.
post #19931 of 52471

No love for Donna? mwink[1].gif

post #19932 of 52471
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Joiji, I know who Rachel is smile.gif The question mark was there for conversational purposes. Yeah, Mike fucked up it up real bad with that. Wonder what Season 3 will be like, or the second half of Season 2, whatever they're calling it. Does anyone watch Dexter? I hadn't seen until three weeks ago, and I'm now up to date with the US. What a show. (I've been at home sick for a couple of weeks, so had a fair amount of time to watch TV, polish shoes, etc.)

 

My apologies. Figured I'd just hash them all out anyways. To be honest I had a hard time remembering who they all were when I was writing that shog[1].gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Actually hot soaked my jeans today. Seeing if this and a tumble dry will adequately shrink them, else I'll have to buy new jeans because mine are fast becoming oversized.

 

It will shrink them, but areas which stretch with wear will stretch back out to original size. If it's just the waist, apparently wearing a belt will limit how far they will stretch out.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmills View Post

No love for Donna? mwink[1].gif

 
You must have a deathwish going after Harvey's girl.
post #19933 of 52471
LOL @ death wish comment.

Yeah, let's see how the shrinking goes. I've lost something like 7-9kgs, so it's had a noticeable impact on my waist measurement. I'll likely buy new jeans anyway, but I'm not fond of retiring denim until they're well and truly dead..
post #19934 of 52471

Other option is to have them altered. If they still fit fine through the seat/hips, have small darts put in the back and the waistband nipped.

post #19935 of 52471
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

Other option is to have them altered. If they still fit fine through the seat/hips, have small darts put in the back and the waistband nipped.

I don't really want to do that to be honest man. I'll just keep them as jeans for doing "man stuff" in, like painting fences or digging holes.

Does anyone know of Melbourne and/or Australian stockists of Baldwin denim?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members