beautiful. thanks guys.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1326post #19876 of 6462710/27/12 at 7:30pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19877 of 6462710/27/12 at 7:44pmQuote:
Pretty easy to make (and cheap). H Leffler has some good natural belt blanks here:-
http://www.primermagazine.com/2012/learn/how-to-make-a-90-belt-for-only-23 is a guide on how to make them.
All up for the parts it cost me <$60, and I ordered from Tandy Leather Factory (link in that article), which was far more expensive than getting it from HL would have been.post #19878 of 6462710/27/12 at 7:56pmpost #19879 of 6462710/27/12 at 9:08pm
Well we are definitely on a much much smaller scale and because of that don't weave our own silks etc but quality wise yes I believe we are up there with Drakes, Hober, Marinella etc etc. Tie makers in Italy, and Naples in particular are a dime a dozen but I searched long and hard to find ours, and they do an exceptional job 100% of the time. I'm happy expanding slowly but surely and focussing on building the brand gradually as well and getting in to more retail stores. Time is always a huge factor for me though while I still work full time. Lot's of late nights....
Thanks guys who chimed in for me too. Back to mowing the lawn!post #19880 of 6462710/27/12 at 9:11pm
Thanks for all the belt suggestions.
Hmm the Wood & Faulk belt was good value but the tanner goods belt looked better finished!
I dunno if i should go a black or brass buckle...
TBM - checked wotif and the westin or the grace hotel are low 200's a night (cheap vs other sydney hotels). Grace is 4 star, has mecca for coffee downstairs. Westin is 5 star
EDIT - WTF $59 for postage for a belt to oz from tanner goods?? :(post #19881 of 6462710/27/12 at 9:49pmpost #19882 of 6462710/27/12 at 10:25pmpost #19883 of 6462710/27/12 at 10:48pmpost #19884 of 6462710/27/12 at 10:52pmpost #19885 of 6462710/27/12 at 11:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by md2010
You mean - Coombs Shoe Service at the strand ? I have been using them for quite some times now. They are one of the best in city.
Anyway try using them - I havn't used them. These guys over charge on their shoe care products.
Brice's Shoe Repairs
Shop 1, 155 Castlereagh St
Yup, but i don't want to caste the business in a bad light as many others have seemingly had some great work there. Thanks for the Brice's suggestion - I'll check out the place this week.
Another question if you will indulge me (I realise I've been asking a lot - hopefully once I've increased my knowledge I'll be able to help others and if I'm brave enough I'll post a few pics):
I recently got a bunch of C&J shoes in the 348 last size 8 (UK). I also ordered some of the AE shoe trees in medium. When I put these trees into the shoes I have to compress the length quite a bit - not quite fully but close to 2/3 of the way. I feel as though this is putting a lot of pressure on the heel. Am I unnecesarily worrying about stretching or should I go for the small size shoe trees? Anyone with experience/similar issue?
If consensus is they are too big, I have 3 medium AE shoe trees for sale within Australia
Thanks again guyspost #19886 of 6462710/27/12 at 11:46pmpost #19887 of 6462710/27/12 at 11:49pmpost #19888 of 6462710/27/12 at 11:50pmpost #19889 of 6462710/27/12 at 11:58pmanyone know where I can get a good natural veg-tanned belt that will age and darken with a nice patina over time? To be worn with denim.
Corlection sells a beautiful Pure Blue Japan belt in your specs. It cost quite a bit, but the belt is virtually indestructible. Brass vintage buckle.post #19890 of 6462710/27/12 at 11:59pmQuote:
- Australian Members
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 31 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 59 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Shoe style for big feet 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015