beautiful. thanks guys.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1326post #19876 of 6794610/27/12 at 7:30pmpost #19877 of 6794610/27/12 at 7:44pmQuote:
Pretty easy to make (and cheap). H Leffler has some good natural belt blanks here:-
http://www.primermagazine.com/2012/learn/how-to-make-a-90-belt-for-only-23 is a guide on how to make them.
All up for the parts it cost me <$60, and I ordered from Tandy Leather Factory (link in that article), which was far more expensive than getting it from HL would have been.post #19878 of 6794610/27/12 at 7:56pmpost #19879 of 6794610/27/12 at 9:08pm
Well we are definitely on a much much smaller scale and because of that don't weave our own silks etc but quality wise yes I believe we are up there with Drakes, Hober, Marinella etc etc. Tie makers in Italy, and Naples in particular are a dime a dozen but I searched long and hard to find ours, and they do an exceptional job 100% of the time. I'm happy expanding slowly but surely and focussing on building the brand gradually as well and getting in to more retail stores. Time is always a huge factor for me though while I still work full time. Lot's of late nights....
Thanks guys who chimed in for me too. Back to mowing the lawn!post #19880 of 6794610/27/12 at 9:11pm
Thanks for all the belt suggestions.
Hmm the Wood & Faulk belt was good value but the tanner goods belt looked better finished!
I dunno if i should go a black or brass buckle...
TBM - checked wotif and the westin or the grace hotel are low 200's a night (cheap vs other sydney hotels). Grace is 4 star, has mecca for coffee downstairs. Westin is 5 star
EDIT - WTF $59 for postage for a belt to oz from tanner goods?? :(post #19881 of 6794610/27/12 at 9:49pmQuote:
This place on STAYZ looks the goods... top area, apartment, cheap. We get most of accom through them.post #19882 of 6794610/27/12 at 10:25pmpost #19883 of 6794610/27/12 at 10:48pmpost #19884 of 6794610/27/12 at 10:52pmpost #19885 of 6794610/27/12 at 11:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by md2010
You mean - Coombs Shoe Service at the strand ? I have been using them for quite some times now. They are one of the best in city.
Anyway try using them - I havn't used them. These guys over charge on their shoe care products.
Brice's Shoe Repairs
Shop 1, 155 Castlereagh St
Yup, but i don't want to caste the business in a bad light as many others have seemingly had some great work there. Thanks for the Brice's suggestion - I'll check out the place this week.
Another question if you will indulge me (I realise I've been asking a lot - hopefully once I've increased my knowledge I'll be able to help others and if I'm brave enough I'll post a few pics):
I recently got a bunch of C&J shoes in the 348 last size 8 (UK). I also ordered some of the AE shoe trees in medium. When I put these trees into the shoes I have to compress the length quite a bit - not quite fully but close to 2/3 of the way. I feel as though this is putting a lot of pressure on the heel. Am I unnecesarily worrying about stretching or should I go for the small size shoe trees? Anyone with experience/similar issue?
If consensus is they are too big, I have 3 medium AE shoe trees for sale within Australia
Thanks again guyspost #19886 of 6794610/27/12 at 11:46pmpost #19887 of 6794610/27/12 at 11:49pmpost #19888 of 6794610/27/12 at 11:50pmThanks for all the suggestions dudes. GF texted earlier saying she'd booked something. If only she'd answer her phone, I could know what it is. Probably a Mantra apartment I'm guessing.
If anyone's around and wants to catch up, let me knowpost #19889 of 6794610/27/12 at 11:58pmanyone know where I can get a good natural veg-tanned belt that will age and darken with a nice patina over time? To be worn with denim.
Corlection sells a beautiful Pure Blue Japan belt in your specs. It cost quite a bit, but the belt is virtually indestructible. Brass vintage buckle.post #19890 of 6794610/27/12 at 11:59pmQuote:
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 6 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts