Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:49am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
Australian Members - Page 1326
Pretty easy to make (and cheap). H Leffler has some good natural belt blanks here:-
http://www.primermagazine.com/2012/learn/how-to-make-a-90-belt-for-only-23 is a guide on how to make them.
All up for the parts it cost me <$60, and I ordered from Tandy Leather Factory (link in that article), which was far more expensive than getting it from HL would have been.
Well we are definitely on a much much smaller scale and because of that don't weave our own silks etc but quality wise yes I believe we are up there with Drakes, Hober, Marinella etc etc. Tie makers in Italy, and Naples in particular are a dime a dozen but I searched long and hard to find ours, and they do an exceptional job 100% of the time. I'm happy expanding slowly but surely and focussing on building the brand gradually as well and getting in to more retail stores. Time is always a huge factor for me though while I still work full time. Lot's of late nights....
Thanks guys who chimed in for me too. Back to mowing the lawn!
Thanks for all the belt suggestions.
Hmm the Wood & Faulk belt was good value but the tanner goods belt looked better finished!
I dunno if i should go a black or brass buckle...
TBM - checked wotif and the westin or the grace hotel are low 200's a night (cheap vs other sydney hotels). Grace is 4 star, has mecca for coffee downstairs. Westin is 5 star
EDIT - WTF $59 for postage for a belt to oz from tanner goods?? :(
You mean - Coombs Shoe Service at the strand ? I have been using them for quite some times now. They are one of the best in city.
Anyway try using them - I havn't used them. These guys over charge on their shoe care products.
Brice's Shoe Repairs
Shop 1, 155 Castlereagh St
Yup, but i don't want to caste the business in a bad light as many others have seemingly had some great work there. Thanks for the Brice's suggestion - I'll check out the place this week.
Another question if you will indulge me (I realise I've been asking a lot - hopefully once I've increased my knowledge I'll be able to help others and if I'm brave enough I'll post a few pics):
I recently got a bunch of C&J shoes in the 348 last size 8 (UK). I also ordered some of the AE shoe trees in medium. When I put these trees into the shoes I have to compress the length quite a bit - not quite fully but close to 2/3 of the way. I feel as though this is putting a lot of pressure on the heel. Am I unnecesarily worrying about stretching or should I go for the small size shoe trees? Anyone with experience/similar issue?
If consensus is they are too big, I have 3 medium AE shoe trees for sale within Australia
Thanks again guys
Corlection sells a beautiful Pure Blue Japan belt in your specs. It cost quite a bit, but the belt is virtually indestructible. Brass vintage buckle.
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 9 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 42 seconds ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 48 seconds ago
- › Dimple Porn 1 minute ago
- › The Architecture Thread 1 minute ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 3 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Comme De Garcons Shirt - Gray Cotton Blazer - size Large 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexcel by Shavely Manden
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boot by blue suede shoes
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw