Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1325post #19861 of 6794610/27/12 at 4:56am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19862 of 6794610/27/12 at 5:03amQuote:
This is the place to ask questions - just make it clear what you are asking. Part of this thread is to be geographically and culturally relevant, and helpful rather than competitive.
Being helpful in a way that assists new comers to find out information and even to find out clothes. Thats why some people post pics here, others don't, some post suits others street wear - it doesn't matter. Ask any silly question.
Theres also enough knowledge around, much of it lurking in the back channels, that can weigh in with advice on advanced matters if theres a serious questions and if people will work for knowledge - I , and others can summons some of the deep experts up, with voodoo and human sacrifice, if needed.
Working for knowledge means reading some of the basic books on menswear that are around, getting out and about and touching, feeling and looking at materials.
Edited by fxh - 10/27/12 at 5:14ampost #19863 of 6794610/27/12 at 5:10amQuote:
Azzarro - alway has a sale. Its a distributor for many Italian brands. The have one off samples - new year overruns, last year clearances - and simply stuff that didn't sell out in retail land - its a mixed bag - They run a kind of warehouse/ wholesale shop where they also sell some retail to public. You can walk in - sometimes you need to ring to see if they are open. They are friendly and helpful. You look around, try stuff on, have a chat gently ask prices and sometimes you'll come away with a swag of good cheap stuff. Other days - nothings fits and its all too expensive for what it is anyway. Its a Melbourne thing. Luckily they are only about 5 blocks way on the same street as Beggar Man Thief the best place in OZ to try on, and buy, a range of UK shoes - Loakes etc.post #19864 of 6794610/27/12 at 5:18amQuote:Originally Posted by DartagnanRed
Please edit if you are sick of newbies like me asking questions again and again.
I think MJ Bale is broken down into two levels: the standard level which is made in China; the 'Classic' suits, and the higher end $1,000+ suits made in Japan; the 'Collection' suits (can't view online).
They have had 'Classic' suits going for $500 for about a month now and will continue to do so for about another month. I guess you could almost tag their classic suits at $500 each. 'Normally' they are priced at $800-$1,000 (jacket and pants).
Charlie's Wardrobe is a wearer of the 'Classic' MJ Bale suit - of which he supports.
I bought one today. When the suit first came out it was priced between $800-$900, I got it for $550. I love it.
Heringbone also has a heap of suits on special (30% off) and they are going for $800-$1000 online, not $600.post #19865 of 6794610/27/12 at 6:45amQuote:
i bought this for my brother's birthday this year.
i have the tan with D ring belts in both widths. good for denim & shorts.post #19866 of 6794610/27/12 at 11:45ampost #19867 of 6794610/27/12 at 2:08pmQuote:
Azzarro is an importer for Canali, Cantarelli, Borrelli, Antichi Telai and Versace, along with a few other brands. You can always find new season stock there at wholesale prices. When they have their end of season sales, the prices are outstanding.post #19868 of 6794610/27/12 at 2:10pmQuote:
try this http://www.handmadeleatherbelts.co.uk/tanning.html i have a brown belt just about to buy a black one or this http://www.tannerbates.co.uk/sales/the-oakbark-leather-beltpost #19869 of 6794610/27/12 at 4:55pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by fxh
Azzarro - alway has a sale. Its a distributor for many Italian brands. The have one off samples - new year overruns, last year clearances - and simply stuff that didn't sell out in retail land - its a mixed bag - They run a kind of warehouse/ wholesale shop where they also sell some retail to public. You can walk in - sometimes you need to ring to see if they are open. They are friendly and helpful. You look around, try stuff on, have a chat gently ask prices and sometimes you'll come away with a swag of good cheap stuff. Other days - nothings fits and its all too expensive for what it is anyway. Its a Melbourne thing. Luckily they are only about 5 blocks way on the same street as Beggar Man Thief the best place in OZ to try on, and buy, a range of UK shoes - Loakes etc.
Thanks, fxh and California Dreamer. It sounds like a worthwhile trip (I'm only in Sydney.) And I'll have to check out Beggar Man Thief, too!post #19870 of 6794610/27/12 at 4:59pmpost #19871 of 6794610/27/12 at 5:24pmpost #19872 of 6794610/27/12 at 5:52pmpost #19873 of 6794610/27/12 at 6:59pmpost #19874 of 6794610/27/12 at 7:02pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 47 seconds ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 59 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 13 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 14 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for chunky/heavy sweaters with shorter sleeves? 16 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 21 minutes ago
- › Quintessential Knit Ties: Comprehensive Discussion & Appreciation 22 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?