Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1325post #19861 of 6538410/27/12 at 4:56am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19862 of 6538410/27/12 at 5:03amQuote:
This is the place to ask questions - just make it clear what you are asking. Part of this thread is to be geographically and culturally relevant, and helpful rather than competitive.
Being helpful in a way that assists new comers to find out information and even to find out clothes. Thats why some people post pics here, others don't, some post suits others street wear - it doesn't matter. Ask any silly question.
Theres also enough knowledge around, much of it lurking in the back channels, that can weigh in with advice on advanced matters if theres a serious questions and if people will work for knowledge - I , and others can summons some of the deep experts up, with voodoo and human sacrifice, if needed.
Working for knowledge means reading some of the basic books on menswear that are around, getting out and about and touching, feeling and looking at materials.
Edited by fxh - 10/27/12 at 5:14ampost #19863 of 6538410/27/12 at 5:10amQuote:
Azzarro - alway has a sale. Its a distributor for many Italian brands. The have one off samples - new year overruns, last year clearances - and simply stuff that didn't sell out in retail land - its a mixed bag - They run a kind of warehouse/ wholesale shop where they also sell some retail to public. You can walk in - sometimes you need to ring to see if they are open. They are friendly and helpful. You look around, try stuff on, have a chat gently ask prices and sometimes you'll come away with a swag of good cheap stuff. Other days - nothings fits and its all too expensive for what it is anyway. Its a Melbourne thing. Luckily they are only about 5 blocks way on the same street as Beggar Man Thief the best place in OZ to try on, and buy, a range of UK shoes - Loakes etc.post #19864 of 6538410/27/12 at 5:18amQuote:Originally Posted by DartagnanRed
Please edit if you are sick of newbies like me asking questions again and again.
I think MJ Bale is broken down into two levels: the standard level which is made in China; the 'Classic' suits, and the higher end $1,000+ suits made in Japan; the 'Collection' suits (can't view online).
They have had 'Classic' suits going for $500 for about a month now and will continue to do so for about another month. I guess you could almost tag their classic suits at $500 each. 'Normally' they are priced at $800-$1,000 (jacket and pants).
Charlie's Wardrobe is a wearer of the 'Classic' MJ Bale suit - of which he supports.
I bought one today. When the suit first came out it was priced between $800-$900, I got it for $550. I love it.
Heringbone also has a heap of suits on special (30% off) and they are going for $800-$1000 online, not $600.post #19865 of 6538410/27/12 at 6:45amQuote:
i bought this for my brother's birthday this year.
i have the tan with D ring belts in both widths. good for denim & shorts.post #19866 of 6538410/27/12 at 11:45ampost #19867 of 6538410/27/12 at 2:08pmQuote:
Azzarro is an importer for Canali, Cantarelli, Borrelli, Antichi Telai and Versace, along with a few other brands. You can always find new season stock there at wholesale prices. When they have their end of season sales, the prices are outstanding.post #19868 of 6538410/27/12 at 2:10pmQuote:
try this http://www.handmadeleatherbelts.co.uk/tanning.html i have a brown belt just about to buy a black one or this http://www.tannerbates.co.uk/sales/the-oakbark-leather-beltpost #19869 of 6538410/27/12 at 4:55pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by fxh
Azzarro - alway has a sale. Its a distributor for many Italian brands. The have one off samples - new year overruns, last year clearances - and simply stuff that didn't sell out in retail land - its a mixed bag - They run a kind of warehouse/ wholesale shop where they also sell some retail to public. You can walk in - sometimes you need to ring to see if they are open. They are friendly and helpful. You look around, try stuff on, have a chat gently ask prices and sometimes you'll come away with a swag of good cheap stuff. Other days - nothings fits and its all too expensive for what it is anyway. Its a Melbourne thing. Luckily they are only about 5 blocks way on the same street as Beggar Man Thief the best place in OZ to try on, and buy, a range of UK shoes - Loakes etc.
Thanks, fxh and California Dreamer. It sounds like a worthwhile trip (I'm only in Sydney.) And I'll have to check out Beggar Man Thief, too!post #19870 of 6538410/27/12 at 4:59pmpost #19871 of 6538410/27/12 at 5:24pmpost #19872 of 6538410/27/12 at 5:52pmpost #19873 of 6538410/27/12 at 6:59pmpost #19874 of 6538410/27/12 at 7:02pm
- Australian Members
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 7 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 52 seconds ago
- › Wedding Tie with Navy Suit 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › obat aborsi sulawesi > 2bb4042d > obat peluntur kandungan tuntas 10 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth