Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1325post #19861 of 5802710/27/12 at 4:56am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19862 of 5802710/27/12 at 5:03amQuote:
This is the place to ask questions - just make it clear what you are asking. Part of this thread is to be geographically and culturally relevant, and helpful rather than competitive.
Being helpful in a way that assists new comers to find out information and even to find out clothes. Thats why some people post pics here, others don't, some post suits others street wear - it doesn't matter. Ask any silly question.
Theres also enough knowledge around, much of it lurking in the back channels, that can weigh in with advice on advanced matters if theres a serious questions and if people will work for knowledge - I , and others can summons some of the deep experts up, with voodoo and human sacrifice, if needed.
Working for knowledge means reading some of the basic books on menswear that are around, getting out and about and touching, feeling and looking at materials.
Edited by fxh - 10/27/12 at 5:14ampost #19863 of 5802710/27/12 at 5:10amQuote:
Azzarro - alway has a sale. Its a distributor for many Italian brands. The have one off samples - new year overruns, last year clearances - and simply stuff that didn't sell out in retail land - its a mixed bag - They run a kind of warehouse/ wholesale shop where they also sell some retail to public. You can walk in - sometimes you need to ring to see if they are open. They are friendly and helpful. You look around, try stuff on, have a chat gently ask prices and sometimes you'll come away with a swag of good cheap stuff. Other days - nothings fits and its all too expensive for what it is anyway. Its a Melbourne thing. Luckily they are only about 5 blocks way on the same street as Beggar Man Thief the best place in OZ to try on, and buy, a range of UK shoes - Loakes etc.post #19864 of 5802710/27/12 at 5:18amQuote:Originally Posted by DartagnanRed
Please edit if you are sick of newbies like me asking questions again and again.
I think MJ Bale is broken down into two levels: the standard level which is made in China; the 'Classic' suits, and the higher end $1,000+ suits made in Japan; the 'Collection' suits (can't view online).
They have had 'Classic' suits going for $500 for about a month now and will continue to do so for about another month. I guess you could almost tag their classic suits at $500 each. 'Normally' they are priced at $800-$1,000 (jacket and pants).
Charlie's Wardrobe is a wearer of the 'Classic' MJ Bale suit - of which he supports.
I bought one today. When the suit first came out it was priced between $800-$900, I got it for $550. I love it.
Heringbone also has a heap of suits on special (30% off) and they are going for $800-$1000 online, not $600.post #19865 of 5802710/27/12 at 6:45amQuote:
i bought this for my brother's birthday this year.
i have the tan with D ring belts in both widths. good for denim & shorts.post #19866 of 5802710/27/12 at 11:45ampost #19867 of 5802710/27/12 at 2:08pmQuote:
Azzarro is an importer for Canali, Cantarelli, Borrelli, Antichi Telai and Versace, along with a few other brands. You can always find new season stock there at wholesale prices. When they have their end of season sales, the prices are outstanding.post #19868 of 5802710/27/12 at 2:10pmQuote:
try this http://www.handmadeleatherbelts.co.uk/tanning.html i have a brown belt just about to buy a black one or this http://www.tannerbates.co.uk/sales/the-oakbark-leather-beltpost #19869 of 5802710/27/12 at 4:55pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by fxh
Azzarro - alway has a sale. Its a distributor for many Italian brands. The have one off samples - new year overruns, last year clearances - and simply stuff that didn't sell out in retail land - its a mixed bag - They run a kind of warehouse/ wholesale shop where they also sell some retail to public. You can walk in - sometimes you need to ring to see if they are open. They are friendly and helpful. You look around, try stuff on, have a chat gently ask prices and sometimes you'll come away with a swag of good cheap stuff. Other days - nothings fits and its all too expensive for what it is anyway. Its a Melbourne thing. Luckily they are only about 5 blocks way on the same street as Beggar Man Thief the best place in OZ to try on, and buy, a range of UK shoes - Loakes etc.
Thanks, fxh and California Dreamer. It sounds like a worthwhile trip (I'm only in Sydney.) And I'll have to check out Beggar Man Thief, too!post #19870 of 5802710/27/12 at 4:59pmpost #19871 of 5802710/27/12 at 5:24pmpost #19872 of 5802710/27/12 at 5:52pmpost #19873 of 5802710/27/12 at 6:59pmpost #19874 of 5802710/27/12 at 7:02pm
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Suitsupply NYC 28 seconds ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 33 seconds ago
- › DR LINDIWE 0631939718 @ ABORTION CLINICS IN BUTTERWORTH,KING... 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Chukka Sz 9C 2 minutes ago
- › DR LINDIWE 0631939718 @ ABORTION CLINICS IN BALFOUR,BARLIN,BISHO 3 minutes ago
- › DR LINDIWE 0631939718 @ ABORTION CLINICS IN BIEYTON,BATHAL,CAROLINA 4 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider Rock Coat, size 4, in Dusk 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › DR LINDIWE 0631939718 @ ABORTION CLINICS IN BELLIVILLE,ATLANTIS,PARL 6 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...