Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1325post #19861 of 5337510/27/12 at 4:56am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19862 of 5337510/27/12 at 5:03amQuote:
This is the place to ask questions - just make it clear what you are asking. Part of this thread is to be geographically and culturally relevant, and helpful rather than competitive.
Being helpful in a way that assists new comers to find out information and even to find out clothes. Thats why some people post pics here, others don't, some post suits others street wear - it doesn't matter. Ask any silly question.
Theres also enough knowledge around, much of it lurking in the back channels, that can weigh in with advice on advanced matters if theres a serious questions and if people will work for knowledge - I , and others can summons some of the deep experts up, with voodoo and human sacrifice, if needed.
Working for knowledge means reading some of the basic books on menswear that are around, getting out and about and touching, feeling and looking at materials.
Edited by fxh - 10/27/12 at 5:14ampost #19863 of 5337510/27/12 at 5:10amQuote:
Azzarro - alway has a sale. Its a distributor for many Italian brands. The have one off samples - new year overruns, last year clearances - and simply stuff that didn't sell out in retail land - its a mixed bag - They run a kind of warehouse/ wholesale shop where they also sell some retail to public. You can walk in - sometimes you need to ring to see if they are open. They are friendly and helpful. You look around, try stuff on, have a chat gently ask prices and sometimes you'll come away with a swag of good cheap stuff. Other days - nothings fits and its all too expensive for what it is anyway. Its a Melbourne thing. Luckily they are only about 5 blocks way on the same street as Beggar Man Thief the best place in OZ to try on, and buy, a range of UK shoes - Loakes etc.post #19864 of 5337510/27/12 at 5:18amQuote:Originally Posted by DartagnanRed
Please edit if you are sick of newbies like me asking questions again and again.
I think MJ Bale is broken down into two levels: the standard level which is made in China; the 'Classic' suits, and the higher end $1,000+ suits made in Japan; the 'Collection' suits (can't view online).
They have had 'Classic' suits going for $500 for about a month now and will continue to do so for about another month. I guess you could almost tag their classic suits at $500 each. 'Normally' they are priced at $800-$1,000 (jacket and pants).
Charlie's Wardrobe is a wearer of the 'Classic' MJ Bale suit - of which he supports.
I bought one today. When the suit first came out it was priced between $800-$900, I got it for $550. I love it.
Heringbone also has a heap of suits on special (30% off) and they are going for $800-$1000 online, not $600.post #19865 of 5337510/27/12 at 6:45amQuote:
i bought this for my brother's birthday this year.
i have the tan with D ring belts in both widths. good for denim & shorts.post #19866 of 5337510/27/12 at 11:45ampost #19867 of 5337510/27/12 at 2:08pmQuote:
Azzarro is an importer for Canali, Cantarelli, Borrelli, Antichi Telai and Versace, along with a few other brands. You can always find new season stock there at wholesale prices. When they have their end of season sales, the prices are outstanding.post #19868 of 5337510/27/12 at 2:10pmQuote:
try this http://www.handmadeleatherbelts.co.uk/tanning.html i have a brown belt just about to buy a black one or this http://www.tannerbates.co.uk/sales/the-oakbark-leather-beltpost #19869 of 5337510/27/12 at 4:55pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by fxh
Azzarro - alway has a sale. Its a distributor for many Italian brands. The have one off samples - new year overruns, last year clearances - and simply stuff that didn't sell out in retail land - its a mixed bag - They run a kind of warehouse/ wholesale shop where they also sell some retail to public. You can walk in - sometimes you need to ring to see if they are open. They are friendly and helpful. You look around, try stuff on, have a chat gently ask prices and sometimes you'll come away with a swag of good cheap stuff. Other days - nothings fits and its all too expensive for what it is anyway. Its a Melbourne thing. Luckily they are only about 5 blocks way on the same street as Beggar Man Thief the best place in OZ to try on, and buy, a range of UK shoes - Loakes etc.
Thanks, fxh and California Dreamer. It sounds like a worthwhile trip (I'm only in Sydney.) And I'll have to check out Beggar Man Thief, too!post #19870 of 5337510/27/12 at 4:59pmpost #19871 of 5337510/27/12 at 5:24pmpost #19872 of 5337510/27/12 at 5:52pmpost #19873 of 5337510/27/12 at 6:59pmpost #19874 of 5337510/27/12 at 7:02pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 23 seconds ago
- › FS: NIB ALDEN Snuff Suede Indy Boot Turbulance last size 8 29 seconds ago
- › What shoes with Jeans and Shorts 41 seconds ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › FS: NIB Alden Calf Longwing Dark Brown Barrie Last Size 8 2 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 22nd AUGUST: THE 'NO BLUES' CHALLENGE 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)