Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1325post #19861 of 6794610/27/12 at 4:56ampost #19862 of 6794610/27/12 at 5:03amQuote:
This is the place to ask questions - just make it clear what you are asking. Part of this thread is to be geographically and culturally relevant, and helpful rather than competitive.
Being helpful in a way that assists new comers to find out information and even to find out clothes. Thats why some people post pics here, others don't, some post suits others street wear - it doesn't matter. Ask any silly question.
Theres also enough knowledge around, much of it lurking in the back channels, that can weigh in with advice on advanced matters if theres a serious questions and if people will work for knowledge - I , and others can summons some of the deep experts up, with voodoo and human sacrifice, if needed.
Working for knowledge means reading some of the basic books on menswear that are around, getting out and about and touching, feeling and looking at materials.
Edited by fxh - 10/27/12 at 5:14ampost #19863 of 6794610/27/12 at 5:10amQuote:
Azzarro - alway has a sale. Its a distributor for many Italian brands. The have one off samples - new year overruns, last year clearances - and simply stuff that didn't sell out in retail land - its a mixed bag - They run a kind of warehouse/ wholesale shop where they also sell some retail to public. You can walk in - sometimes you need to ring to see if they are open. They are friendly and helpful. You look around, try stuff on, have a chat gently ask prices and sometimes you'll come away with a swag of good cheap stuff. Other days - nothings fits and its all too expensive for what it is anyway. Its a Melbourne thing. Luckily they are only about 5 blocks way on the same street as Beggar Man Thief the best place in OZ to try on, and buy, a range of UK shoes - Loakes etc.post #19864 of 6794610/27/12 at 5:18amQuote:Originally Posted by DartagnanRed
Please edit if you are sick of newbies like me asking questions again and again.
I think MJ Bale is broken down into two levels: the standard level which is made in China; the 'Classic' suits, and the higher end $1,000+ suits made in Japan; the 'Collection' suits (can't view online).
They have had 'Classic' suits going for $500 for about a month now and will continue to do so for about another month. I guess you could almost tag their classic suits at $500 each. 'Normally' they are priced at $800-$1,000 (jacket and pants).
Charlie's Wardrobe is a wearer of the 'Classic' MJ Bale suit - of which he supports.
I bought one today. When the suit first came out it was priced between $800-$900, I got it for $550. I love it.
Heringbone also has a heap of suits on special (30% off) and they are going for $800-$1000 online, not $600.post #19865 of 6794610/27/12 at 6:45amQuote:
i bought this for my brother's birthday this year.
i have the tan with D ring belts in both widths. good for denim & shorts.post #19866 of 6794610/27/12 at 11:45ampost #19867 of 6794610/27/12 at 2:08pmQuote:
Azzarro is an importer for Canali, Cantarelli, Borrelli, Antichi Telai and Versace, along with a few other brands. You can always find new season stock there at wholesale prices. When they have their end of season sales, the prices are outstanding.post #19868 of 6794610/27/12 at 2:10pmQuote:
try this http://www.handmadeleatherbelts.co.uk/tanning.html i have a brown belt just about to buy a black one or this http://www.tannerbates.co.uk/sales/the-oakbark-leather-beltpost #19869 of 6794610/27/12 at 4:55pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by fxh
Azzarro - alway has a sale. Its a distributor for many Italian brands. The have one off samples - new year overruns, last year clearances - and simply stuff that didn't sell out in retail land - its a mixed bag - They run a kind of warehouse/ wholesale shop where they also sell some retail to public. You can walk in - sometimes you need to ring to see if they are open. They are friendly and helpful. You look around, try stuff on, have a chat gently ask prices and sometimes you'll come away with a swag of good cheap stuff. Other days - nothings fits and its all too expensive for what it is anyway. Its a Melbourne thing. Luckily they are only about 5 blocks way on the same street as Beggar Man Thief the best place in OZ to try on, and buy, a range of UK shoes - Loakes etc.
Thanks, fxh and California Dreamer. It sounds like a worthwhile trip (I'm only in Sydney.) And I'll have to check out Beggar Man Thief, too!post #19870 of 6794610/27/12 at 4:59pmpost #19871 of 6794610/27/12 at 5:24pmpost #19872 of 6794610/27/12 at 5:52pmpost #19873 of 6794610/27/12 at 6:59pmpost #19874 of 6794610/27/12 at 7:02pmpost #19875 of 6794610/27/12 at 7:06pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Made to measure hoodies - any companies that specialize in them? 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 20 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 24 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 26 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 30 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 41 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 47 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › Allen Edmonds fit & sizing help