Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1324
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19847 of 5869510/27/12 at 3:06amQuote:Originally Posted by DartagnanRed
Please edit if you are sick of newbies like me asking questions again and again.Quote:Canali-hard shoulders, hard on your wallet
Come on now, they're not that hard.post #19848 of 5869510/27/12 at 3:12ampost #19849 of 5869510/27/12 at 3:30ampost #19850 of 5869510/27/12 at 3:37amQuote:Originally Posted by md2010
You mean - Coombs Shoe Service at the strand ? I have been using them for quite some times now. They are one of the best in city.
Anyway try using them - I havn't used them. These guys over charge on their shoe care products.
Brice's Shoe Repairs
Shop 1, 155 Castlereagh St
Yup, but i don't want to caste the business in a bad light as many others have seemingly had some great work there. Thanks for the Brice's suggestion - I'll check out the place this week.
Another question if you will indulge me (I realise I've been asking a lot - hopefully once I've increased my knowledge I'll be able to help others and if I'm brave enough I'll post a few pics):
I recently got a bunch of C&J shoes in the 348 last size 8 (UK). I also ordered some of the AE shoe trees in medium. When I put these trees into the shoes I have to compress the length quite a bit - not quite fully but close to 2/3 of the way. I feel as though this is putting a lot of pressure on the heel. Am I unnecesarily worrying about stretching or should I go for the small size shoe trees? Anyone with experience/similar issue?
If consensus is they are too big, I have 3 medium AE shoe trees for sale within Australia
Thanks again guyspost #19851 of 5869510/27/12 at 3:45amQuote:
Oh I didn't mean hard was bad, it's just that they are very padded and only look good on a certain body shape. Some people live by Canali. Steve Carell looks pretty good in Canali during Crazy Stupid Love for instance.post #19852 of 5869510/27/12 at 3:50amQuote:
You are right, though, that they are kind of hard. After wearing it for a couple of weeks [edit: not daily, though], it quickly became obvious that my second suit would also be a Canali.post #19853 of 5869510/27/12 at 4:15ampost #19854 of 5869510/27/12 at 4:22amQuote:
Is Azzarro the kind of place where, say, they have a sale and people just fly in from wherever to take part? People who are interested in OTR -- i.e. guys like me. I once emailed them about getting some prices but I never heard back...post #19855 of 5869510/27/12 at 4:23amWinter in Melbourne Spring 17C today and rain. I was at a great birthday party for a 95 year old guy.
Lots, 100+ of people at a reception centre - he still lives at home looking after himself.
Journeyman - I posted this because I suspect the shirt is the same as the LE one you posted a while back. Its a blue university stripe on white and oxford cloth. I also have another one with a nice subdued wine/rust stripe.
I posted because these shirts were a surprise - I think I only ordered them a couple of years ago - because Ms fxh (aka The Handbrake) was getting a parcel and they were on sale + 30% off. I don't have many non irons - and most of them are not good - but these two shirts have turned out to be very nice - they are soft and thick and have a good roll etc. I'd nearly go as far as to say they are as good or better than the famous Hyde Park must irons.
Trouble is I don't think LE has them anymore. The ones I have are marked on collar as " No Iron Original Oxford"
I can't find the item number off the tag on seam on the LE site - these no-iron-pattern-supima-oxford-dress-shirts seem to be close - but I'm not sure and theres no nice plain blue or white or any other stripe except blue
You got any comments?
I guess I could email them (they are incredibly helpful on live chat and email) but it seems more social to ask here.post #19856 of 5869510/27/12 at 4:27ampost #19857 of 5869510/27/12 at 4:40amQuote:
As I've said before I don't mind any sort of question - especially from new members - some questions have to be silly and simple - hell where would blahman be without me - not much of this knowledge is genetically determined. Plus theres a lot of misinformation about.
My problem is questions that aren't fully formed or grammatical or ones that don't make sense. And I like people to follow through and ask for clarification or expansion.
I'm happy to answer almost anything - and I think so are others - but lately some of the posts arent clear to me if they are questions or statements or half formed thoughts..or.........post #19858 of 5869510/27/12 at 4:40amQuote:
Ah sorry, I'm a Sydneysider and there's no way you'd be having Canali here at that price. It would be great if someone from Melbourne could write something detailed on Azzarro and if someone from Brisbane could write something on Deerstyle.
Something else that would solve a lot of problems: a page on learnings and tips for made to measure, in particular P Johnson. I'd love to hear about people's experiences with certain fabrics and features.post #19859 of 5869510/27/12 at 4:50ampost #19860 of 5869510/27/12 at 4:51amQuote:Originally Posted by TehBunny
Sorry this is largely a stupid question; but since I'm not very sartorially experienced here goes: Is a navy or blue odd jacket more casual? (when I say blue I mean something in this shade http://ethandesu.com/post/34350034443/the-simplest-way-to-dress-blue-blazer-light)
Bunny - You need to do a bit more than throw out a half question - what is the context you are thinking of wearing stuff, what with , who with, when, why,how old are you roughly, what are you doing for a crust, where do you work, what do you imagine is the image you are trying to project etc - try and get up to a paragraph dude.
Because with what you are putting out - short brainfarts? - You doing this on a phone? the only answer is - it depends.
The simple answer is a blue blazer is one of the essential items in a grown ups wardrobe. Doesn't even matter what colour, or material, it can be cotton, it could even be a pea coat, or a "normal" blazer - its also versatile and a nice one may be as formal, with a tie and grey pants, as you may ever need to get in your whole life.
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 51 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › chinos 101 5 minutes ago
- › Canada Goose 5 minutes ago
- › I need help matching clothing with these loafers please help? 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays