Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Australian Members - Page 1324post #19846 of 6794610/27/12 at 2:25ampost #19847 of 6794610/27/12 at 3:06amQuote:Originally Posted by DartagnanRed
Please edit if you are sick of newbies like me asking questions again and again.Quote:Canali-hard shoulders, hard on your wallet
Come on now, they're not that hard.post #19848 of 6794610/27/12 at 3:12ampost #19849 of 6794610/27/12 at 3:30ampost #19850 of 6794610/27/12 at 3:37amQuote:Originally Posted by md2010
You mean - Coombs Shoe Service at the strand ? I have been using them for quite some times now. They are one of the best in city.
Anyway try using them - I havn't used them. These guys over charge on their shoe care products.
Brice's Shoe Repairs
Shop 1, 155 Castlereagh St
Yup, but i don't want to caste the business in a bad light as many others have seemingly had some great work there. Thanks for the Brice's suggestion - I'll check out the place this week.
Another question if you will indulge me (I realise I've been asking a lot - hopefully once I've increased my knowledge I'll be able to help others and if I'm brave enough I'll post a few pics):
I recently got a bunch of C&J shoes in the 348 last size 8 (UK). I also ordered some of the AE shoe trees in medium. When I put these trees into the shoes I have to compress the length quite a bit - not quite fully but close to 2/3 of the way. I feel as though this is putting a lot of pressure on the heel. Am I unnecesarily worrying about stretching or should I go for the small size shoe trees? Anyone with experience/similar issue?
If consensus is they are too big, I have 3 medium AE shoe trees for sale within Australia
Thanks again guyspost #19851 of 6794610/27/12 at 3:45amQuote:
Oh I didn't mean hard was bad, it's just that they are very padded and only look good on a certain body shape. Some people live by Canali. Steve Carell looks pretty good in Canali during Crazy Stupid Love for instance.post #19852 of 6794610/27/12 at 3:50amQuote:
You are right, though, that they are kind of hard. After wearing it for a couple of weeks [edit: not daily, though], it quickly became obvious that my second suit would also be a Canali.post #19853 of 6794610/27/12 at 4:15ampost #19854 of 6794610/27/12 at 4:22amQuote:
Is Azzarro the kind of place where, say, they have a sale and people just fly in from wherever to take part? People who are interested in OTR -- i.e. guys like me. I once emailed them about getting some prices but I never heard back...post #19855 of 6794610/27/12 at 4:23amWinter in Melbourne Spring 17C today and rain. I was at a great birthday party for a 95 year old guy.
Lots, 100+ of people at a reception centre - he still lives at home looking after himself.
Journeyman - I posted this because I suspect the shirt is the same as the LE one you posted a while back. Its a blue university stripe on white and oxford cloth. I also have another one with a nice subdued wine/rust stripe.
I posted because these shirts were a surprise - I think I only ordered them a couple of years ago - because Ms fxh (aka The Handbrake) was getting a parcel and they were on sale + 30% off. I don't have many non irons - and most of them are not good - but these two shirts have turned out to be very nice - they are soft and thick and have a good roll etc. I'd nearly go as far as to say they are as good or better than the famous Hyde Park must irons.
Trouble is I don't think LE has them anymore. The ones I have are marked on collar as " No Iron Original Oxford"
I can't find the item number off the tag on seam on the LE site - these no-iron-pattern-supima-oxford-dress-shirts seem to be close - but I'm not sure and theres no nice plain blue or white or any other stripe except blue
You got any comments?
I guess I could email them (they are incredibly helpful on live chat and email) but it seems more social to ask here.post #19856 of 6794610/27/12 at 4:27ampost #19857 of 6794610/27/12 at 4:40amQuote:
As I've said before I don't mind any sort of question - especially from new members - some questions have to be silly and simple - hell where would blahman be without me - not much of this knowledge is genetically determined. Plus theres a lot of misinformation about.
My problem is questions that aren't fully formed or grammatical or ones that don't make sense. And I like people to follow through and ask for clarification or expansion.
I'm happy to answer almost anything - and I think so are others - but lately some of the posts arent clear to me if they are questions or statements or half formed thoughts..or.........post #19858 of 6794610/27/12 at 4:40amQuote:
Ah sorry, I'm a Sydneysider and there's no way you'd be having Canali here at that price. It would be great if someone from Melbourne could write something detailed on Azzarro and if someone from Brisbane could write something on Deerstyle.
Something else that would solve a lot of problems: a page on learnings and tips for made to measure, in particular P Johnson. I'd love to hear about people's experiences with certain fabrics and features.post #19859 of 6794610/27/12 at 4:50ampost #19860 of 6794610/27/12 at 4:51amQuote:Originally Posted by TehBunny
Sorry this is largely a stupid question; but since I'm not very sartorially experienced here goes: Is a navy or blue odd jacket more casual? (when I say blue I mean something in this shade http://ethandesu.com/post/34350034443/the-simplest-way-to-dress-blue-blazer-light)
Bunny - You need to do a bit more than throw out a half question - what is the context you are thinking of wearing stuff, what with , who with, when, why,how old are you roughly, what are you doing for a crust, where do you work, what do you imagine is the image you are trying to project etc - try and get up to a paragraph dude.
Because with what you are putting out - short brainfarts? - You doing this on a phone? the only answer is - it depends.
The simple answer is a blue blazer is one of the essential items in a grown ups wardrobe. Doesn't even matter what colour, or material, it can be cotton, it could even be a pea coat, or a "normal" blazer - its also versatile and a nice one may be as formal, with a tie and grey pants, as you may ever need to get in your whole life.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › SOLD - BNWT $995 Woolrich x NANAMICA Moutain Parka Size S / Small... 17 minutes ago
- › 8.5D - Brand New Alden Color 8 Long Wing Blucher - Shipped Worldwide 23 minutes ago
- › 9D - Alden Color 8 Shell Cordovan Indy Boots - Shipped Worldwide 26 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 28 minutes ago
- › 8.5D - Alden for Epaulet Color 8 Shell Cordovan Alt Wein - Shipped... 31 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 32 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 32 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...