Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for different occasion
Last edited: 1/2/14
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
Australian Members - Page 1324
Styleforum Top Picks
Please edit if you are sick of newbies like me asking questions again and again.
Come on now, they're not that hard.
You mean - Coombs Shoe Service at the strand ? I have been using them for quite some times now. They are one of the best in city.
Anyway try using them - I havn't used them. These guys over charge on their shoe care products.
Brice's Shoe Repairs
Shop 1, 155 Castlereagh St
Yup, but i don't want to caste the business in a bad light as many others have seemingly had some great work there. Thanks for the Brice's suggestion - I'll check out the place this week.
Another question if you will indulge me (I realise I've been asking a lot - hopefully once I've increased my knowledge I'll be able to help others and if I'm brave enough I'll post a few pics):
I recently got a bunch of C&J shoes in the 348 last size 8 (UK). I also ordered some of the AE shoe trees in medium. When I put these trees into the shoes I have to compress the length quite a bit - not quite fully but close to 2/3 of the way. I feel as though this is putting a lot of pressure on the heel. Am I unnecesarily worrying about stretching or should I go for the small size shoe trees? Anyone with experience/similar issue?
If consensus is they are too big, I have 3 medium AE shoe trees for sale within Australia
Thanks again guys
Oh I didn't mean hard was bad, it's just that they are very padded and only look good on a certain body shape. Some people live by Canali. Steve Carell looks pretty good in Canali during Crazy Stupid Love for instance.
You are right, though, that they are kind of hard. After wearing it for a couple of weeks [edit: not daily, though], it quickly became obvious that my second suit would also be a Canali.
Is Azzarro the kind of place where, say, they have a sale and people just fly in from wherever to take part? People who are interested in OTR -- i.e. guys like me. I once emailed them about getting some prices but I never heard back...
Lots, 100+ of people at a reception centre - he still lives at home looking after himself.
Journeyman - I posted this because I suspect the shirt is the same as the LE one you posted a while back. Its a blue university stripe on white and oxford cloth. I also have another one with a nice subdued wine/rust stripe.
I posted because these shirts were a surprise - I think I only ordered them a couple of years ago - because Ms fxh (aka The Handbrake) was getting a parcel and they were on sale + 30% off. I don't have many non irons - and most of them are not good - but these two shirts have turned out to be very nice - they are soft and thick and have a good roll etc. I'd nearly go as far as to say they are as good or better than the famous Hyde Park must irons.
Trouble is I don't think LE has them anymore. The ones I have are marked on collar as " No Iron Original Oxford"
I can't find the item number off the tag on seam on the LE site - these no-iron-pattern-supima-oxford-dress-shirts seem to be close - but I'm not sure and theres no nice plain blue or white or any other stripe except blue
You got any comments?
I guess I could email them (they are incredibly helpful on live chat and email) but it seems more social to ask here.
As I've said before I don't mind any sort of question - especially from new members - some questions have to be silly and simple - hell where would blahman be without me - not much of this knowledge is genetically determined. Plus theres a lot of misinformation about.
My problem is questions that aren't fully formed or grammatical or ones that don't make sense. And I like people to follow through and ask for clarification or expansion.
I'm happy to answer almost anything - and I think so are others - but lately some of the posts arent clear to me if they are questions or statements or half formed thoughts..or.........
Ah sorry, I'm a Sydneysider and there's no way you'd be having Canali here at that price. It would be great if someone from Melbourne could write something detailed on Azzarro and if someone from Brisbane could write something on Deerstyle.
Something else that would solve a lot of problems: a page on learnings and tips for made to measure, in particular P Johnson. I'd love to hear about people's experiences with certain fabrics and features.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Isaia 52 SHORT Aquaspider Suit 51 seconds ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › The Architecture Thread 2 minutes ago
- › GMTO: Galway in zug grain with shearling lining 2 minutes ago
- › To the SFers that don't work in a field which requires suit and... 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Isaia Suede Shirt Jacket-BN-size Medium 4 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw