Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/26/15 at 6:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1312post #19666 of 6396610/23/12 at 11:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19667 of 6396610/23/12 at 11:59pmHere a few photos of today's outfit:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Herringbone suit in a charcoal, small houndstooth check on the "London" block. This suit was made by Ring Jacket in Japan and is insanely good, but unfortunately is also cut small so the jacket is a bit of a squeeze. It has lovely roping at the sleevehead. Curiously, whilst the jackets ran small, the trousers on the London block were cut more generously than Osaka block trousers.
- Borrelli shirt;
- Holliday and Brown neat print tie;
- Kent Wang plain white linen pocket square;
- Marcoliani socks; and
- Zegna "fatte a mano" (FAM) chocolate brown plain captoe balmorals.post #19668 of 6396610/24/12 at 12:08ampost #19669 of 6396610/24/12 at 12:09ampost #19670 of 6396610/24/12 at 12:10am
Bear in mind that Viccel socks are very thin. If you are used to thicker dress socks and have sized and bought shoes with this in mind, you might find that you're suddenly swimming in your shoes.
I like a slightly thicker sock, mid calf sock (OTC can catch on tapered pants which I couldn't stand) and have settled on the New Classic by Smartwool.
I almost think that you should settle on a sock brand before embarking on a nice dress shoe collection - they are a crucial component to the fit of a shoe.post #19671 of 6396610/24/12 at 12:19ampost #19672 of 6396610/24/12 at 12:39ampost #19673 of 6396610/24/12 at 12:53amQuote:
Nice looking pocket squares
Are there any rules regarding pocket squares ( dress codes ) or is it just a splash of color to brighten things up ??post #19674 of 6396610/24/12 at 1:19amQuote:
Lots of opinions around, but I'd venture that the one commonly agreed rule is that the PS must not match your tie exactly. Apart from that, you'll get all sorts of input on linen vs cotton vs silk, folding vs stuffing into the pocket, etc, but they are opinions, not rules, IMO.post #19675 of 6396610/24/12 at 1:34amQuote:Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Lots of opinions around, but I'd venture that the one commonly agreed rule is that the PS must not match your tie exactly. Apart from that, you'll get all sorts of input on linen vs cotton vs silk, folding vs stuffing into the pocket, etc, but they are opinions, not rules, IMO.
But again, just my opinion. Ha hapost #19676 of 6396610/24/12 at 1:58amQuote:
I thought that one was so cliched that I've started doing it sarcastically in WAYWRN from time to time.
I decided to give up the online sunnies hunt and bought some turtle shell 52mm RB2132. Looks good, feels SF approved.post #19677 of 6396610/24/12 at 2:28ampost #19678 of 6396610/24/12 at 2:49ampost #19679 of 6396610/24/12 at 2:52ampost #19680 of 6396610/24/12 at 3:19amI think this Saddleback might be a bit more rustic than what I'm looking for in a bag, but it looks like it might be a good deal for someone. (In the fine print, the seller says he will negotiate shipping if pickup is not possible).
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Used Kitchen Cabinets For Sale UK 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Rain-Last Tomir Soled Cap-Toe/Quarter Brogue 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › FINAL DROP JULY 29, MAKE ME OFFERS █ Size 46L █ NWT Corneliani for... 6 minutes ago
- › FINAL DROP JULY 29, MAKE ME OFFERS █ Size 38R █ NWT Polo Ralph... 6 minutes ago
- › FINAL DROP JULY 29, MAKE ME OFFERS █ Size 46L █ NWT $1600 Canali... 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 11 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 12 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...