Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1312post #19666 of 5498410/23/12 at 11:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19667 of 5498410/23/12 at 11:59pmHere a few photos of today's outfit:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Herringbone suit in a charcoal, small houndstooth check on the "London" block. This suit was made by Ring Jacket in Japan and is insanely good, but unfortunately is also cut small so the jacket is a bit of a squeeze. It has lovely roping at the sleevehead. Curiously, whilst the jackets ran small, the trousers on the London block were cut more generously than Osaka block trousers.
- Borrelli shirt;
- Holliday and Brown neat print tie;
- Kent Wang plain white linen pocket square;
- Marcoliani socks; and
- Zegna "fatte a mano" (FAM) chocolate brown plain captoe balmorals.post #19668 of 5498410/24/12 at 12:08ampost #19669 of 5498410/24/12 at 12:09ampost #19670 of 5498410/24/12 at 12:10am
Bear in mind that Viccel socks are very thin. If you are used to thicker dress socks and have sized and bought shoes with this in mind, you might find that you're suddenly swimming in your shoes.
I like a slightly thicker sock, mid calf sock (OTC can catch on tapered pants which I couldn't stand) and have settled on the New Classic by Smartwool.
I almost think that you should settle on a sock brand before embarking on a nice dress shoe collection - they are a crucial component to the fit of a shoe.post #19671 of 5498410/24/12 at 12:19ampost #19672 of 5498410/24/12 at 12:39ampost #19673 of 5498410/24/12 at 12:53amQuote:
Nice looking pocket squares
Are there any rules regarding pocket squares ( dress codes ) or is it just a splash of color to brighten things up ??post #19674 of 5498410/24/12 at 1:19amQuote:
Lots of opinions around, but I'd venture that the one commonly agreed rule is that the PS must not match your tie exactly. Apart from that, you'll get all sorts of input on linen vs cotton vs silk, folding vs stuffing into the pocket, etc, but they are opinions, not rules, IMO.post #19675 of 5498410/24/12 at 1:34amQuote:Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Lots of opinions around, but I'd venture that the one commonly agreed rule is that the PS must not match your tie exactly. Apart from that, you'll get all sorts of input on linen vs cotton vs silk, folding vs stuffing into the pocket, etc, but they are opinions, not rules, IMO.
But again, just my opinion. Ha hapost #19676 of 5498410/24/12 at 1:58amQuote:
I thought that one was so cliched that I've started doing it sarcastically in WAYWRN from time to time.
I decided to give up the online sunnies hunt and bought some turtle shell 52mm RB2132. Looks good, feels SF approved.post #19677 of 5498410/24/12 at 2:28ampost #19678 of 5498410/24/12 at 2:49ampost #19679 of 5498410/24/12 at 2:52ampost #19680 of 5498410/24/12 at 3:19amI think this Saddleback might be a bit more rustic than what I'm looking for in a bag, but it looks like it might be a good deal for someone. (In the fine print, the seller says he will negotiate shipping if pickup is not possible).
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Laszlo Vass - Cap Toe Derby - Most elegant shoe ever - Brand New! 29 seconds ago
- › Laszlo Vass - Scotchgrain (!) Goyser (!!) - Unbelievable smooth... 1 minute ago
- › Looking for advice: Office/Field/Comfort all in one? 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Inverallan 1 minute ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 7 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...