Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1312post #19666 of 6033710/23/12 at 11:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19667 of 6033710/23/12 at 11:59pmHere a few photos of today's outfit:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Herringbone suit in a charcoal, small houndstooth check on the "London" block. This suit was made by Ring Jacket in Japan and is insanely good, but unfortunately is also cut small so the jacket is a bit of a squeeze. It has lovely roping at the sleevehead. Curiously, whilst the jackets ran small, the trousers on the London block were cut more generously than Osaka block trousers.
- Borrelli shirt;
- Holliday and Brown neat print tie;
- Kent Wang plain white linen pocket square;
- Marcoliani socks; and
- Zegna "fatte a mano" (FAM) chocolate brown plain captoe balmorals.post #19668 of 6033710/24/12 at 12:08ampost #19669 of 6033710/24/12 at 12:09ampost #19670 of 6033710/24/12 at 12:10am
Bear in mind that Viccel socks are very thin. If you are used to thicker dress socks and have sized and bought shoes with this in mind, you might find that you're suddenly swimming in your shoes.
I like a slightly thicker sock, mid calf sock (OTC can catch on tapered pants which I couldn't stand) and have settled on the New Classic by Smartwool.
I almost think that you should settle on a sock brand before embarking on a nice dress shoe collection - they are a crucial component to the fit of a shoe.post #19671 of 6033710/24/12 at 12:19ampost #19672 of 6033710/24/12 at 12:39ampost #19673 of 6033710/24/12 at 12:53amQuote:
Nice looking pocket squares
Are there any rules regarding pocket squares ( dress codes ) or is it just a splash of color to brighten things up ??post #19674 of 6033710/24/12 at 1:19amQuote:
Lots of opinions around, but I'd venture that the one commonly agreed rule is that the PS must not match your tie exactly. Apart from that, you'll get all sorts of input on linen vs cotton vs silk, folding vs stuffing into the pocket, etc, but they are opinions, not rules, IMO.post #19675 of 6033710/24/12 at 1:34amQuote:Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Lots of opinions around, but I'd venture that the one commonly agreed rule is that the PS must not match your tie exactly. Apart from that, you'll get all sorts of input on linen vs cotton vs silk, folding vs stuffing into the pocket, etc, but they are opinions, not rules, IMO.
But again, just my opinion. Ha hapost #19676 of 6033710/24/12 at 1:58amQuote:
I thought that one was so cliched that I've started doing it sarcastically in WAYWRN from time to time.
I decided to give up the online sunnies hunt and bought some turtle shell 52mm RB2132. Looks good, feels SF approved.post #19677 of 6033710/24/12 at 2:28ampost #19678 of 6033710/24/12 at 2:49ampost #19679 of 6033710/24/12 at 2:52ampost #19680 of 6033710/24/12 at 3:19amI think this Saddleback might be a bit more rustic than what I'm looking for in a bag, but it looks like it might be a good deal for someone. (In the fine print, the seller says he will negotiate shipping if pickup is not possible).
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 21 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 22 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 27 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 29 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 38 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 38 minutes ago
- › Do you know, Trapper Joes ? 38 minutes ago
- › Buday Shoes - Hungarian Shoemaker 40 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...