Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1312post #19666 of 6794610/23/12 at 11:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19667 of 6794610/23/12 at 11:59pmHere a few photos of today's outfit:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Herringbone suit in a charcoal, small houndstooth check on the "London" block. This suit was made by Ring Jacket in Japan and is insanely good, but unfortunately is also cut small so the jacket is a bit of a squeeze. It has lovely roping at the sleevehead. Curiously, whilst the jackets ran small, the trousers on the London block were cut more generously than Osaka block trousers.
- Borrelli shirt;
- Holliday and Brown neat print tie;
- Kent Wang plain white linen pocket square;
- Marcoliani socks; and
- Zegna "fatte a mano" (FAM) chocolate brown plain captoe balmorals.post #19668 of 6794610/24/12 at 12:08ampost #19669 of 6794610/24/12 at 12:09am
Sorry, JM, your tie doesn't show the SF-approved amount of dimpling - having watched all of the tie-tying videos on The Armoury website, I consider myself a subject matter expert.
Aside from that, looks good! I've wearing my KW white linen handkerchief today as well.post #19670 of 6794610/24/12 at 12:10am
Bear in mind that Viccel socks are very thin. If you are used to thicker dress socks and have sized and bought shoes with this in mind, you might find that you're suddenly swimming in your shoes.
I like a slightly thicker sock, mid calf sock (OTC can catch on tapered pants which I couldn't stand) and have settled on the New Classic by Smartwool.
I almost think that you should settle on a sock brand before embarking on a nice dress shoe collection - they are a crucial component to the fit of a shoe.post #19671 of 6794610/24/12 at 12:19ampost #19672 of 6794610/24/12 at 12:39ampost #19673 of 6794610/24/12 at 12:53amQuote:
Nice looking pocket squares
Are there any rules regarding pocket squares ( dress codes ) or is it just a splash of color to brighten things up ??post #19674 of 6794610/24/12 at 1:19amQuote:
Lots of opinions around, but I'd venture that the one commonly agreed rule is that the PS must not match your tie exactly. Apart from that, you'll get all sorts of input on linen vs cotton vs silk, folding vs stuffing into the pocket, etc, but they are opinions, not rules, IMO.post #19675 of 6794610/24/12 at 1:34amQuote:Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Lots of opinions around, but I'd venture that the one commonly agreed rule is that the PS must not match your tie exactly. Apart from that, you'll get all sorts of input on linen vs cotton vs silk, folding vs stuffing into the pocket, etc, but they are opinions, not rules, IMO.
But again, just my opinion. Ha hapost #19676 of 6794610/24/12 at 1:58amQuote:
I thought that one was so cliched that I've started doing it sarcastically in WAYWRN from time to time.
I decided to give up the online sunnies hunt and bought some turtle shell 52mm RB2132. Looks good, feels SF approved.post #19677 of 6794610/24/12 at 2:28ampost #19678 of 6794610/24/12 at 2:49ampost #19679 of 6794610/24/12 at 2:52ampost #19680 of 6794610/24/12 at 3:19amI think this Saddleback might be a bit more rustic than what I'm looking for in a bag, but it looks like it might be a good deal for someone. (In the fine print, the seller says he will negotiate shipping if pickup is not possible).
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Galways, Brown Utah, Shearling, Size 8.5E UK, 64 Last 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 12 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?