Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1301post #19501 of 6341210/21/12 at 11:44pmSome one was asking about MJ Bale lapel width before and I just happened to do a WAYWRN post in mine, so thought i'd share for everyone interested. This is the mudgee weave. They are thinner than Herringbone for example, but not by much, maybe 1cm. Anyway, make up your own mind. Might look a bit strange with a 9cm tie but 6-8cm width ties will be fine.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19502 of 6341210/21/12 at 11:47pmpost #19503 of 6341210/21/12 at 11:51pmToday's outfit - I decided to wear an orange knit tie in honour of the recent knit tie feeding frenzy in the Oz Members thread!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- RAF blue cotton suit by Deer Style, with waist patch pockets;
- Light blue, end-on-end shirt by Deer Style;
- Orange knit tie by Ascot for Ben Silver;
- Herringbone silk pocket square; and
- Santoni FAM double monks.post #19504 of 6341210/22/12 at 12:12amQuote:
True - agree patch pockets have been around a long time agree, just not sure they will continue to be a prevalent as they are right now. Maybe Im wrong, they seem very popular.post #19505 of 6341210/22/12 at 12:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Some one was asking about MJ Bale lapel width before and I just happened to do a WAYWRN post in mine, so thought i'd share for everyone interested. This is the mudgee weave. They are thinner than Herringbone for example, but not by much, maybe 1cm. Anyway, make up your own mind. Might look a bit strange with a 9cm tie but 6-8cm width ties will be fine.
You legend. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on exactly that one so that was very handy. Am I right in thinking the suit in this link is the one you're wearing? http://www.mjbale.com/suits/2-suits-for-1000/mudgee-weave-grey-jacketQuote:If you are a 38R in Hugo Boss then more than likely the MJ Bale will fit you as well, but without seeing how slim the HB suit is hard to tell of course.
The 38R in HB is fairly slim fitting - how have you found the MJ Bale cuts to be? (sorry to pester you with questions, nobody stocks MJ Bale in Canberra so it's hard to try one on and I need a suit fairly soon!)post #19506 of 6341210/22/12 at 12:43ampost #19507 of 6341210/22/12 at 12:44ampost #19508 of 6341210/22/12 at 12:46ampost #19509 of 6341210/22/12 at 12:56ampost #19510 of 6341210/22/12 at 1:10ampost #19511 of 6341210/22/12 at 1:22amQuote:
White folded ps, silver/navy blue glen check tiepost #19512 of 6341210/22/12 at 1:34amQuote:Originally Posted by TehBunny
Guys look what I found http://hk.asiatatler.com/style/fashion/why-gentlemen-should-polish-their-own-shoes Ethan-desu shining shoes :P
Very true! I think everyone who wear dress shoes should know how to do this even if they choose not to. Nothing like a pair of well maintained shoes!post #19513 of 6341210/22/12 at 2:57amQuote:Originally Posted by catpower
You legend. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on exactly that one so that was very handy. Am I right in thinking the suit in this link is the one you're wearing? http://www.mjbale.com/suits/2-suits-for-1000/mudgee-weave-grey-jacket
The 38R in HB is fairly slim fitting - how have you found the MJ Bale cuts to be? (sorry to pester you with questions, nobody stocks MJ Bale in Canberra so it's hard to try one on and I need a suit fairly soon!)
mudgee weave lapels are 7cms fyi and from what i remember a 38 mj bale is very close to 38 hugo bosspost #19514 of 6341210/22/12 at 3:03am
- Australian Members
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 21 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › SF Shoe Collections 4 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 4 minutes ago
- › G.Abo Napoli inky blue blazer / sport coat eu 54/ us 42 slim 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 12 minutes ago
- › Sunglasses question 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...