Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1289post #19321 of 6794610/18/12 at 5:52pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19322 of 6794610/18/12 at 7:11pmpost #19323 of 6794610/18/12 at 7:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
To give you some context to this:
My feet are on the border of medium and wide with an overall more blunt shape than tapered (large toe doesn't extend that far beyond the little toe compared to some people) and a slightly narrower heel. My shoe size varies between 9.5 and 10 depending on the shoe. I wear the Comfort Craftsman (black and chestnut) boots in a size 10 and the Carmina Inca and Rain lasts in a 9.5. Funnily enough, the black pair of RMs feel more snug all round my feet compared to the chestnut so there's some variation even within the same model.
The Inca and Rain lasts feel very very similar to my feet (I have a cordovan wholecut on the Rain and calf doublemonks on the Inca). The Rain perhaps feels a touch more snug but nothing particularly noticable. Strangely enough, the Forest last also feels very similar to the Inca and Rain. Definitely not a very noticeable width change.
To summarise, the RMs, Rain and Inca last all feel similarly wide with the RMs being a touch shorter and narrower - certainly nothing that would cause any discomfort to me. I haven't got any experience with the Soller last.
Strangely enough, today I'm wearing a pair of suede loafer on the Simpson in a UK9.5 as well. I would ordinarily go up half a size in this last for anything other than suede as it's the narrowest of the Carmina shoes I own but the suede will stretch. Still, they feel tightest around the width and slightly loose around the heel.
Hope this helps. Let me know if there's anything specific I can help you with.
thanks appreciate the advicepost #19324 of 6794610/18/12 at 7:47pmpost #19325 of 6794610/18/12 at 8:09pmpost #19326 of 6794610/18/12 at 8:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by thebrownman
Get the credit card out gents!
I always love the look of these caramel/tan shades of leather but find they often draw too much attention to themselves in practice.
Maybe it's a function of the rest of my wardrobe rather than the colour itself?post #19327 of 6794610/18/12 at 8:18pmpost #19328 of 6794610/18/12 at 8:22pmpost #19329 of 6794610/18/12 at 8:35pmQuote:
Hi Toby, I have a pair of vintage burgundy Florsheim Imperial cordovan longwings with the v-cleat in the heel - true gunboats! One of the most comfortable and versatile pairs of shoes I own. I wear them with everything from jeans to suits. If you want to get them more casual, just put on some coloured laces.post #19330 of 6794610/18/12 at 8:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
Hi Toby, I have a pair of vintage burgundy Florsheim Imperial cordovan longwings with the v-cleat in the heel - true gunboats! One of the most comfortable and versatile pairs of shoes I own. I wear them with everything from jeans to suits. If you want to get them more casual, just put on some coloured laces.
I've got a pair of vintage Florsheim Imperial longwings with a v-cleat heel, too, but mine are made from cowhide rather than from horsehide. I agree with Gerry - they are very comfortable and very versatile, able to be dressed up and dressed down.
I wore them yesterday and there are a couple of photos earlier in this thread - click here.post #19331 of 6794610/18/12 at 8:58pmpost #19332 of 6794610/18/12 at 9:13pm
I've recently picked up the following:-
These are good/awesome -->
Men's Regular Shorewood Saddle Sleeve V-neck Sweater (my new favourite sweater - in "dark camel heather") $17.49 Awesome
Men's Regular Fit Tailored Short Sleeve Pima Polo Shirt (in blue / red and currant) $23.80/ea Good
Men's Regular Plain Front Tailored Fit Original Chino Pants (these are cool, kind of a maroon colour called "bittersweet", cuffed) $29.99 Awesome
Haven't worn these yet, but they seem good -
Men's Regular 9" Plain Front Seersucker Shorts (deep blue stripe) $24.99
Men's Regular 9" Plain Front Embroidered Spring Chino Shorts (blue lobster) $19.99
These are all shit -->
Men's Regular Long Sleeve Buttondown Chambray Shirt (red)
Men's Regular Tailored Fit Paintbrush Shirt (mineral yellow) $10.49 (the fit on both these shirts is awful, feel like I'm wearing a wind sail, "tailored" my arse)
Men's Drifter V-neck Sweater (navy) $28 (well, not shit, but heavier than I thought it would be, and I don't like it half as much as the other one)
Also ordered some tailored Hyde Park OCBD's in blue and white.
Herring (sale items, saw how cheap they were and was like "fuck it, why not") :-
Herring Brands Hatch
F - Medium
F - Medium
F - Medium
Also picked up a HC tie, a bunch of tiebar.com ties, and a couple of belts. I've also got a $100 Charles Tyhrwhitt voucher I'm thinking of putting towards one of their fitted navy blazers (I really want a tweed one, but I think it'll be too heavy coming into summer, even for Tasmania).
Speaking of HC ties and Ludlows, I still need to buy my robes/wig/bar jacket ($2000 for the lot, *sigh*).post #19333 of 6794610/18/12 at 9:16pmpost #19334 of 6794610/18/12 at 9:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
X-post from my thread
Look what just came in! Will be up on the site over the weekend.
More info later... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Excellent! I like the look of the dotted one.
What width are the knit ties, by the way? And how much do you think that you will be charging for them?
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 8 minutes ago
- › 200k Push-Ups in 2016 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 18 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 23 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 24 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.