Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1289post #19321 of 5953510/18/12 at 5:52pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19322 of 5953510/18/12 at 7:11pmpost #19323 of 5953510/18/12 at 7:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
To give you some context to this:
My feet are on the border of medium and wide with an overall more blunt shape than tapered (large toe doesn't extend that far beyond the little toe compared to some people) and a slightly narrower heel. My shoe size varies between 9.5 and 10 depending on the shoe. I wear the Comfort Craftsman (black and chestnut) boots in a size 10 and the Carmina Inca and Rain lasts in a 9.5. Funnily enough, the black pair of RMs feel more snug all round my feet compared to the chestnut so there's some variation even within the same model.
The Inca and Rain lasts feel very very similar to my feet (I have a cordovan wholecut on the Rain and calf doublemonks on the Inca). The Rain perhaps feels a touch more snug but nothing particularly noticable. Strangely enough, the Forest last also feels very similar to the Inca and Rain. Definitely not a very noticeable width change.
To summarise, the RMs, Rain and Inca last all feel similarly wide with the RMs being a touch shorter and narrower - certainly nothing that would cause any discomfort to me. I haven't got any experience with the Soller last.
Strangely enough, today I'm wearing a pair of suede loafer on the Simpson in a UK9.5 as well. I would ordinarily go up half a size in this last for anything other than suede as it's the narrowest of the Carmina shoes I own but the suede will stretch. Still, they feel tightest around the width and slightly loose around the heel.
Hope this helps. Let me know if there's anything specific I can help you with.
thanks appreciate the advicepost #19324 of 5953510/18/12 at 7:47pmpost #19325 of 5953510/18/12 at 8:09pmpost #19326 of 5953510/18/12 at 8:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by thebrownman
Get the credit card out gents!
I always love the look of these caramel/tan shades of leather but find they often draw too much attention to themselves in practice.
Maybe it's a function of the rest of my wardrobe rather than the colour itself?post #19327 of 5953510/18/12 at 8:18pmpost #19328 of 5953510/18/12 at 8:22pmpost #19329 of 5953510/18/12 at 8:35pmQuote:
Hi Toby, I have a pair of vintage burgundy Florsheim Imperial cordovan longwings with the v-cleat in the heel - true gunboats! One of the most comfortable and versatile pairs of shoes I own. I wear them with everything from jeans to suits. If you want to get them more casual, just put on some coloured laces.post #19330 of 5953510/18/12 at 8:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
Hi Toby, I have a pair of vintage burgundy Florsheim Imperial cordovan longwings with the v-cleat in the heel - true gunboats! One of the most comfortable and versatile pairs of shoes I own. I wear them with everything from jeans to suits. If you want to get them more casual, just put on some coloured laces.
I've got a pair of vintage Florsheim Imperial longwings with a v-cleat heel, too, but mine are made from cowhide rather than from horsehide. I agree with Gerry - they are very comfortable and very versatile, able to be dressed up and dressed down.
I wore them yesterday and there are a couple of photos earlier in this thread - click here.post #19331 of 5953510/18/12 at 8:58pmpost #19332 of 5953510/18/12 at 9:13pm
I've recently picked up the following:-
These are good/awesome -->
Men's Regular Shorewood Saddle Sleeve V-neck Sweater (my new favourite sweater - in "dark camel heather") $17.49 Awesome
Men's Regular Fit Tailored Short Sleeve Pima Polo Shirt (in blue / red and currant) $23.80/ea Good
Men's Regular Plain Front Tailored Fit Original Chino Pants (these are cool, kind of a maroon colour called "bittersweet", cuffed) $29.99 Awesome
Haven't worn these yet, but they seem good -
Men's Regular 9" Plain Front Seersucker Shorts (deep blue stripe) $24.99
Men's Regular 9" Plain Front Embroidered Spring Chino Shorts (blue lobster) $19.99
These are all shit -->
Men's Regular Long Sleeve Buttondown Chambray Shirt (red)
Men's Regular Tailored Fit Paintbrush Shirt (mineral yellow) $10.49 (the fit on both these shirts is awful, feel like I'm wearing a wind sail, "tailored" my arse)
Men's Drifter V-neck Sweater (navy) $28 (well, not shit, but heavier than I thought it would be, and I don't like it half as much as the other one)
Also ordered some tailored Hyde Park OCBD's in blue and white.
Herring (sale items, saw how cheap they were and was like "fuck it, why not") :-
Herring Brands Hatch
F - Medium
F - Medium
F - Medium
Also picked up a HC tie, a bunch of tiebar.com ties, and a couple of belts. I've also got a $100 Charles Tyhrwhitt voucher I'm thinking of putting towards one of their fitted navy blazers (I really want a tweed one, but I think it'll be too heavy coming into summer, even for Tasmania).
Speaking of HC ties and Ludlows, I still need to buy my robes/wig/bar jacket ($2000 for the lot, *sigh*).post #19333 of 5953510/18/12 at 9:16pmpost #19334 of 5953510/18/12 at 9:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
X-post from my thread
Look what just came in! Will be up on the site over the weekend.
More info later... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Excellent! I like the look of the dotted one.
What width are the knit ties, by the way? And how much do you think that you will be charging for them?
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 11 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 12 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 17 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 17 minutes ago
- › Hong Kong Tailors. William Yu tailor and E-Italian 19 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 22 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...