or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1287

post #19291 of 48615

Vic still has the wigs? Or are they just selling them as collectors/ceremonial items? I thought they were pretty much gone in Australia.

post #19292 of 48615
Probably missed this but Romp why are you selling these through a different brand/site? Just curious.
post #19293 of 48615
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmills View Post

Vic still has the wigs? Or are they just selling them as collectors/ceremonial items? I thought they were pretty much gone in Australia.

Not at all. Still worn by a lot of judges and barristers. All depends on the judge - some won't even speak to a barrister unless he has his on. Some couldn't give two shits.
post #19294 of 48615

That's interesting. I always thought we were one of the last states to catch on, as we usually are. Anyway, where are my manners. Congrats!

cheers.gif

post #19295 of 48615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

duly noted - we getting in another order next week. Considering some calf leather in addition to suede 

calf leather would be sweet!
post #19296 of 48615
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmills View Post

Vic still has the wigs? Or are they just selling them as collectors/ceremonial items? I thought they were pretty much gone in Australia.

 

in NSW it's about the court jurisdiction. see: http://www.nswbar.asn.au/docs/professional/attire_state.php

post #19297 of 48615
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Probably missed this but Romp why are you selling these through a different brand/site? Just curious.

Ah apologies for confusion, Andy Tom isnt my brand. Belongs to a friend whos also a designer and has access to an amazing factory in italy.
post #19298 of 48615
Quote:
Originally Posted by truevision View Post


calf leather would be sweet!

 

The only way to have driving mocs in my opinion.

post #19299 of 48615
Hey guys

Gad this stupid new job makes posting on here regularly much more difficult frown.gif

Say I wanted to buy a pair of dark brown longwings, possibly used--is Florsheim the way to go? Can anyone recommend trying to snare a pair of these on ebay? Or would it be better to bite the bullet and pay $$$ for a new cordovan pair (Alden I presume)...hmmm...
post #19300 of 48615
Yes was wondering where you have been...
post #19301 of 48615
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

PS
<<<<< got offered a new job today. However it's the kind where my all my clothes will be covered up a fair portion of the day!
Still going to buy myself something nice to celebrate though...maybe a HC tie! Or more luxire shirts.... Hmm.
Sorry for the self-congratulatory post! Well, not really, I'm stoked smile.gif

Lachyzee, congratulations - that is excellent news. Can you let us know what the new job is? Crown prosecutor, or are you going to the private bar?
post #19302 of 48615
^^ No no no, I wish - maybe one day - just an associate for now! Sorry, did not mean to claim such auspicious titles.
post #19303 of 48615

Besides P Johnson, what other Aussie MTM tailors have you guys tried out (in Sydney) and would recommend?

Looking to broaden my horizons... I was thinking of going to MJ Bale - although my experience with their retail staff (especially these days) is that they are just out to sell you stuff, and aren't really looking after you. Although I met their in house tailor once, and he seemed to be quite a knowledgeable gentleman. 

post #19304 of 48615
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

PS
<<<<< got offered a new job today. However it's the kind where my all my clothes will be covered up a fair portion of the day!
Still going to buy myself something nice to celebrate though...maybe a HC tie! Or more luxire shirts.... Hmm.
Sorry for the self-congratulatory post! Well, not really, I'm stoked smile.gif

Congrats mate. Especially since it's a pretty tough legal market out there what with the oversupply of law grads etc.
post #19305 of 48615
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliechan View Post

Besides P Johnson, what other Aussie MTM tailors have you guys tried out (in Sydney) and would recommend?

 

You could always try some of the Asian travelling tailors from Hong Kong and Thailand?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members