or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1279

post #19171 of 58046
But - just to clarify - most people wear them as just casual slip ons these days? ie in place of a boat shoe?
post #19172 of 58046
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post

I reckon you guys are being a bit unfair. I'd put money on the soles on Rob's driving shoes lasting longer than the leather soles of another shoe when worn daily without a topy.

That is just misinformation. You clearly have no experience with such loafers. What a silly thing to say.

I'm not knocking the shoes (I just ordered a pair), but I have had multiple pairs of Tod's, and in my experience, the soles are not very robust at all.
post #19173 of 58046

Ill ask the same question here as i did on the carmina thread as i know that some people have carmina's

 

Has anyone got a pair of the brown carmina punnched captoe's? I am trying to decide my next pair of shoes and have been eyeing these off for a while. I would love to see pics of these in the wild if anyone has them? I dont trust store pics!

 

http://www.thearmourystore.com/shoes/carmina-brown-punched-captoe-oxford-simpson-last

 

 

post #19174 of 58046
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasricher View Post

Ill ask the same question here as i did on the carmina thread as i know that some people have carmina's

 

Has anyone got a pair of the brown carmina punnched captoe's? I am trying to decide my next pair of shoes and have been eyeing these off for a while. I would love to see pics of these in the wild if anyone has them? I dont trust store pics!

 

http://www.thearmourystore.com/shoes/carmina-brown-punched-captoe-oxford-simpson-last

 

 

ive got these exact pair in size 9UK which i was suppose to photograph and sell

post #19175 of 58046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

Well the original car shoe has been around for 50+ years and are still made and bought at twice the price of our shoes today. Ive got Tod's that are 3-4years old and im not at the end of the stubs but I dont do marathons in them either. 

Everyone wears shoes differently. My oxfords always need steel tips as I roll the front of my shoe as an example. Perhaps you have experience in wearing out the heels of your shoes in which case my advice would be to either a) see a podiatrist or b) buy some orthopedic shoes.

No specific wear I've noticed on the heel, just seemed like a location with less structure than other pairs of shoes but I guess theshape also changes your gait slightlly (like with boat shoes). You make a good point about the way in which a pair of shoes is worn, They are, as advertised, loafers and should be worn as such.

I was looking at the camo suede ones again, I love the stitching and detail around the mini beef roll(?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasricher View Post

Ill ask the same question here as i did on the carmina thread as i know that some people have carmina's

Has anyone got a pair of the brown carmina punnched captoe's? I am trying to decide my next pair of shoes and have been eyeing these off for a while. I would love to see pics of these in the wild if anyone has them? I dont trust store pics!

http://www.thearmourystore.com/shoes/carmina-brown-punched-captoe-oxford-simpson-last

I don't own those but I do love the simpsons last.
post #19176 of 58046
Here are some photos of today's outfit - details below:


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






- Bespoke shirt by Hilditch & Key;
- Marinella tie;
- Wool/silk blend Brooks Brothers jacket in a hopsack-like weave;
- Kent Wang pocket square in white linen with blue edging; and
- Stefano Branchini wholecut shoes.
post #19177 of 58046
Quote:
Originally Posted by FindEvan View Post

Anyone knows where about in Sydney besides General pants sell Cheap Monday chinos?
I normally wear a 38 but apparently Cheap Mondays only go up to 36 because their cut is larger, so a 36 is like 38.
I rang general pants and the lady said they only stock up to 34.
So if anyone knows a place, please tell.
Thanks

ASOS stock Cheap Monday and are usually much cheaper than retail stores.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTigerElite View Post

Hey guys, hope you're all well!
Just picked up a navy studio italia suit, and I'm having the trousers taken up a little, would a half inch break be best? Similarly, I have what could be termed chicken legs, although I prefer the term lithe. Would it be worthwhile to have the legs narrowed so I'm not swimming in them?
Also I'll be wearing it with a white shirt (very adventurous I know) and because of my complexion was going to go with a deep red (jewel I suppose) tie and a pocket square. Would a white pocket square be best?
Cheers

Can't say without photos. 1/2inch break is fine. Ask your tailor whether or not to slim the trousers or post a photo on here. Please don't wear a deep red pocket square and matching tie. Wear a white linen square if you must.
post #19178 of 58046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

Here are some photos of today's outfit - details below:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


- Bespoke shirt by Hilditch & Key;
- Marinella tie;
- Wool/silk blend Brooks Brothers jacket in a hopsack-like weave;
- Kent Wang pocket square in white linen with blue edging; and
- Stefano Branchini wholecut shoes.

Those shoes are seriously nice.
post #19179 of 58046
Speaking of umbrellas, finally got some good "wear" out of my KW one in Melbourne tonight... and my rain mac smile.gif
post #19180 of 58046
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post


Those shoes are seriously nice.

 

agreed. JM has exquisite taste in shoes.

post #19181 of 58046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

... when I go for a drive in my MX-5.

 

lawyer by day, hairdresser by night? happy.gif

 

i kid. what do you drive? NB? NC?

 

i used to have a 2000 NB8B, sold it last year.. miss it sorely.   ):

post #19182 of 58046
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliq View Post

lawyer by day, hairdresser by night? happy.gif

i kid. what do you drive? NB? NC?

i used to have a 2000 NB8B, sold it last year.. miss it sorely.   ):

Mine's a fair bit older than yours was - it's a 1990 NA6A in silverstone metallic with black leather seats and a few unobtrusive modifications, plus a set of 15" NB8A wheels.
post #19183 of 58046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post


Mine's a fair bit older than yours was - it's a 1990 NA6A in silverstone metallic with black leather seats and a few unobtrusive modifications, plus a set of 15" NB8A wheels.

choice. didn't have any short nose crank dramas, did it? i love the 1.6's. so revvy.

post #19184 of 58046
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasricher View Post

Ill ask the same question here as i did on the carmina thread as i know that some people have carmina's

 

Has anyone got a pair of the brown carmina punnched captoe's? I am trying to decide my next pair of shoes and have been eyeing these off for a while. I would love to see pics of these in the wild if anyone has them? I dont trust store pics!

 

http://www.thearmourystore.com/shoes/carmina-brown-punched-captoe-oxford-simpson-last

 

 

 

Here you go. The Armoury pics definitely have a few coats of polish over them compared to straight out of the box.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

post #19185 of 58046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

ive got these exact pair in size 9UK which i was suppose to photograph and sell

Damn- I'm UK 7.5/8. Probably can't stretch to the 9. I missed out on an eBay pair to a fellow Aussie sf member and have been yearning since.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members