I still couldn't pull those camo mocs off, even in my spare time. But I'm pretty conservative. I'm sure one of the other colours will appeal.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1274post #19096 of 6794610/14/12 at 10:33pmpost #19097 of 6794610/14/12 at 10:46pmQuote:
They're typically referred to as "gauntlet buttons".
Interestingly, in my experience, English shirts tend not to have them - and that includes both high-end shirtmakers such as T&A and H&K, and cheaper ones such as Charles Tyrwhitt.
However, they're very common on Italian, American and Australian shirts.
I don't know if it makes much of a difference, but the actual gauntlet on my English shirts is pretty short when compared to my Italian shirts, and I'd guess that as the gauntlets are shorter, there is less need for a button as they would not gape as much.post #19098 of 6794610/14/12 at 10:49pmpost #19099 of 6794610/14/12 at 10:54pmQuote:
Yeah there are 10x ladies colours and 6x mens colours. Will reveal all when possible.post #19100 of 6794610/14/12 at 10:55pmpost #19101 of 6794610/14/12 at 10:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by lennier
And herein lies the reason that I doubt I'll ever be in the market for baller driving shoes. My 30 euro ones I won't mind binning when the time comes (which is likely to be fairly quickly, those rubber studs aren't that durable and they won't wear evenly) but I'm not flush enough to be chucking out $400 Tods or even $200 O&Js every few seasons :-)
I wear tod's all the time and no you cannot resole but they do last a while .. i dont run marathons in them though ... do you resole your runners?post #19102 of 6794610/14/12 at 11:16pmGents,
Today's outfit is a little flashy - details below:
- Herringbone light brown PoW check with blue overcheck on the Milano block;
- Borrelli shirt;
- Holliday & Brown tie;
- Old silk pocket square from somewhere in Italy;
- Balmoral boots by Cheaney (I think) for Paul Stuart in the US.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As an aside, the "Milano" block was an excellent block - cut slightly more generously in the shoulders as the Osaka block, with slightly more padding. This particular suit was beautifully made, too. Unfortunately, Herringbone rationalised their suit blocks shortly afterwards and cut out the Milano and London blocks, leaving only the Osaka and New York blocks. I think that they may even have got rid of the latter now, leaving only the Osaka block (although I could be wrong on that point).post #19103 of 6794610/14/12 at 11:18pmQuote:
Well they only cost me $120 a pop, have a tough functional life and are expected to lose function potentially long before they 'wear out' aesthetically :-) Good to know that Tod's last decently though.post #19104 of 6794610/15/12 at 12:01amQuote:
I'd disagree. I have 2 pairs of Tod's, and I have worn them both down to the rubber piece underlying the nubs remarkably quick.
At the prices of your shoes however, I'd be happy to buy them, even with the expectation that the sole won't last a long time.post #19105 of 6794610/15/12 at 1:21am
Guys! Looking to get some new shoes for work, I suit up every day. I have a navy suit and a grey suit.
Looking to spend $200-300 here. Would like both black and brown - but don't have the $$ right now as I had a BIG spending few weeks.
Thus, which would be the better pick colour wise, and also the shoe too?
Any ideas/suggestions are hugely appreciated :)
EDIT: embarrassing - seems this was asked literally 4-5 pages ago. I'm just not sold on the wingtips.post #19106 of 6794610/15/12 at 1:27ampost #19107 of 6794610/15/12 at 1:57ampost #19108 of 6794610/15/12 at 2:04am
If you guys could go back in time, with all your years of experience, to when you got your first serious job, where would you buy your first suit?
Knowing that you aren't super rich (you haven't even started your first job), but you have years of SF experience and knowledge on what looks good and what doesn't what would you do?
Edited by JimmyHoffa - 10/15/12 at 2:17ampost #19109 of 6794610/15/12 at 2:28amQuote:If you guys could go back in time, with all your years of experience, to when you got your first serious job, where would you buy your first suit?
The Salvation Army. Or, if I'm confident I'd get/keep the job, I'd choose the Goodwill.post #19110 of 6794610/15/12 at 2:30am
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Anybody have Oxfords or Derbies from Santalum? 5 minutes ago
- › COACH lizard wallet, New, *Reduced 6 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 9 minutes ago
- › 2016 MLB Season Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 18 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding