I still couldn't pull those camo mocs off, even in my spare time. But I'm pretty conservative. I'm sure one of the other colours will appeal.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1274post #19096 of 6210210/14/12 at 10:33pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19097 of 6210210/14/12 at 10:46pmQuote:
They're typically referred to as "gauntlet buttons".
Interestingly, in my experience, English shirts tend not to have them - and that includes both high-end shirtmakers such as T&A and H&K, and cheaper ones such as Charles Tyrwhitt.
However, they're very common on Italian, American and Australian shirts.
I don't know if it makes much of a difference, but the actual gauntlet on my English shirts is pretty short when compared to my Italian shirts, and I'd guess that as the gauntlets are shorter, there is less need for a button as they would not gape as much.post #19098 of 6210210/14/12 at 10:49pmpost #19099 of 6210210/14/12 at 10:54pmQuote:
Yeah there are 10x ladies colours and 6x mens colours. Will reveal all when possible.post #19100 of 6210210/14/12 at 10:55pmpost #19101 of 6210210/14/12 at 10:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by lennier
And herein lies the reason that I doubt I'll ever be in the market for baller driving shoes. My 30 euro ones I won't mind binning when the time comes (which is likely to be fairly quickly, those rubber studs aren't that durable and they won't wear evenly) but I'm not flush enough to be chucking out $400 Tods or even $200 O&Js every few seasons :-)
I wear tod's all the time and no you cannot resole but they do last a while .. i dont run marathons in them though ... do you resole your runners?post #19102 of 6210210/14/12 at 11:16pmGents,
Today's outfit is a little flashy - details below:
- Herringbone light brown PoW check with blue overcheck on the Milano block;
- Borrelli shirt;
- Holliday & Brown tie;
- Old silk pocket square from somewhere in Italy;
- Balmoral boots by Cheaney (I think) for Paul Stuart in the US.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As an aside, the "Milano" block was an excellent block - cut slightly more generously in the shoulders as the Osaka block, with slightly more padding. This particular suit was beautifully made, too. Unfortunately, Herringbone rationalised their suit blocks shortly afterwards and cut out the Milano and London blocks, leaving only the Osaka and New York blocks. I think that they may even have got rid of the latter now, leaving only the Osaka block (although I could be wrong on that point).post #19103 of 6210210/14/12 at 11:18pmQuote:
Well they only cost me $120 a pop, have a tough functional life and are expected to lose function potentially long before they 'wear out' aesthetically :-) Good to know that Tod's last decently though.post #19104 of 6210210/15/12 at 12:01amQuote:
I'd disagree. I have 2 pairs of Tod's, and I have worn them both down to the rubber piece underlying the nubs remarkably quick.
At the prices of your shoes however, I'd be happy to buy them, even with the expectation that the sole won't last a long time.post #19105 of 6210210/15/12 at 1:21am
Guys! Looking to get some new shoes for work, I suit up every day. I have a navy suit and a grey suit.
Looking to spend $200-300 here. Would like both black and brown - but don't have the $$ right now as I had a BIG spending few weeks.
Thus, which would be the better pick colour wise, and also the shoe too?
Any ideas/suggestions are hugely appreciated :)
EDIT: embarrassing - seems this was asked literally 4-5 pages ago. I'm just not sold on the wingtips.post #19106 of 6210210/15/12 at 1:27ampost #19107 of 6210210/15/12 at 1:57ampost #19108 of 6210210/15/12 at 2:04am
If you guys could go back in time, with all your years of experience, to when you got your first serious job, where would you buy your first suit?
Knowing that you aren't super rich (you haven't even started your first job), but you have years of SF experience and knowledge on what looks good and what doesn't what would you do?
Edited by JimmyHoffa - 10/15/12 at 2:17ampost #19109 of 6210210/15/12 at 2:28ampost #19110 of 6210210/15/12 at 2:30am
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 17 seconds ago
- › The "Actively Discovering 'New' Brands" Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 7 minutes ago
- › The Unbranded Brand Jeans 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 13 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan