I still couldn't pull those camo mocs off, even in my spare time. But I'm pretty conservative. I'm sure one of the other colours will appeal.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1274post #19096 of 5519910/14/12 at 10:33pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19097 of 5519910/14/12 at 10:46pmQuote:
They're typically referred to as "gauntlet buttons".
Interestingly, in my experience, English shirts tend not to have them - and that includes both high-end shirtmakers such as T&A and H&K, and cheaper ones such as Charles Tyrwhitt.
However, they're very common on Italian, American and Australian shirts.
I don't know if it makes much of a difference, but the actual gauntlet on my English shirts is pretty short when compared to my Italian shirts, and I'd guess that as the gauntlets are shorter, there is less need for a button as they would not gape as much.post #19098 of 5519910/14/12 at 10:49pmpost #19099 of 5519910/14/12 at 10:54pmQuote:
Yeah there are 10x ladies colours and 6x mens colours. Will reveal all when possible.post #19100 of 5519910/14/12 at 10:55pmpost #19101 of 5519910/14/12 at 10:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by lennier
And herein lies the reason that I doubt I'll ever be in the market for baller driving shoes. My 30 euro ones I won't mind binning when the time comes (which is likely to be fairly quickly, those rubber studs aren't that durable and they won't wear evenly) but I'm not flush enough to be chucking out $400 Tods or even $200 O&Js every few seasons :-)
I wear tod's all the time and no you cannot resole but they do last a while .. i dont run marathons in them though ... do you resole your runners?post #19102 of 5519910/14/12 at 11:16pmGents,
Today's outfit is a little flashy - details below:
- Herringbone light brown PoW check with blue overcheck on the Milano block;
- Borrelli shirt;
- Holliday & Brown tie;
- Old silk pocket square from somewhere in Italy;
- Balmoral boots by Cheaney (I think) for Paul Stuart in the US.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As an aside, the "Milano" block was an excellent block - cut slightly more generously in the shoulders as the Osaka block, with slightly more padding. This particular suit was beautifully made, too. Unfortunately, Herringbone rationalised their suit blocks shortly afterwards and cut out the Milano and London blocks, leaving only the Osaka and New York blocks. I think that they may even have got rid of the latter now, leaving only the Osaka block (although I could be wrong on that point).post #19103 of 5519910/14/12 at 11:18pmQuote:
Well they only cost me $120 a pop, have a tough functional life and are expected to lose function potentially long before they 'wear out' aesthetically :-) Good to know that Tod's last decently though.post #19104 of 5519910/15/12 at 12:01amQuote:
I'd disagree. I have 2 pairs of Tod's, and I have worn them both down to the rubber piece underlying the nubs remarkably quick.
At the prices of your shoes however, I'd be happy to buy them, even with the expectation that the sole won't last a long time.post #19105 of 5519910/15/12 at 1:21am
Guys! Looking to get some new shoes for work, I suit up every day. I have a navy suit and a grey suit.
Looking to spend $200-300 here. Would like both black and brown - but don't have the $$ right now as I had a BIG spending few weeks.
Thus, which would be the better pick colour wise, and also the shoe too?
Any ideas/suggestions are hugely appreciated :)
EDIT: embarrassing - seems this was asked literally 4-5 pages ago. I'm just not sold on the wingtips.post #19106 of 5519910/15/12 at 1:27ampost #19107 of 5519910/15/12 at 1:57ampost #19108 of 5519910/15/12 at 2:04am
If you guys could go back in time, with all your years of experience, to when you got your first serious job, where would you buy your first suit?
Knowing that you aren't super rich (you haven't even started your first job), but you have years of SF experience and knowledge on what looks good and what doesn't what would you do?
Edited by JimmyHoffa - 10/15/12 at 2:17ampost #19109 of 5519910/15/12 at 2:28ampost #19110 of 5519910/15/12 at 2:30am
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Gap x GQ x Best New American Designers 1 minute ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 2 minutes ago
- › Prada Black Chelsea Wedges Size 9.5 Ex Cond 2 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NMWA x Formosa Sportcoat: Let's Get Another One Rolling! 4 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Camiceria Prisco 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...