I still couldn't pull those camo mocs off, even in my spare time. But I'm pretty conservative. I'm sure one of the other colours will appeal.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on Yesterday at 2:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1274post #19096 of 5956510/14/12 at 10:33pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19097 of 5956510/14/12 at 10:46pmQuote:
They're typically referred to as "gauntlet buttons".
Interestingly, in my experience, English shirts tend not to have them - and that includes both high-end shirtmakers such as T&A and H&K, and cheaper ones such as Charles Tyrwhitt.
However, they're very common on Italian, American and Australian shirts.
I don't know if it makes much of a difference, but the actual gauntlet on my English shirts is pretty short when compared to my Italian shirts, and I'd guess that as the gauntlets are shorter, there is less need for a button as they would not gape as much.post #19098 of 5956510/14/12 at 10:49pmpost #19099 of 5956510/14/12 at 10:54pmQuote:
Yeah there are 10x ladies colours and 6x mens colours. Will reveal all when possible.post #19100 of 5956510/14/12 at 10:55pmpost #19101 of 5956510/14/12 at 10:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by lennier
And herein lies the reason that I doubt I'll ever be in the market for baller driving shoes. My 30 euro ones I won't mind binning when the time comes (which is likely to be fairly quickly, those rubber studs aren't that durable and they won't wear evenly) but I'm not flush enough to be chucking out $400 Tods or even $200 O&Js every few seasons :-)
I wear tod's all the time and no you cannot resole but they do last a while .. i dont run marathons in them though ... do you resole your runners?post #19102 of 5956510/14/12 at 11:16pmGents,
Today's outfit is a little flashy - details below:
- Herringbone light brown PoW check with blue overcheck on the Milano block;
- Borrelli shirt;
- Holliday & Brown tie;
- Old silk pocket square from somewhere in Italy;
- Balmoral boots by Cheaney (I think) for Paul Stuart in the US.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As an aside, the "Milano" block was an excellent block - cut slightly more generously in the shoulders as the Osaka block, with slightly more padding. This particular suit was beautifully made, too. Unfortunately, Herringbone rationalised their suit blocks shortly afterwards and cut out the Milano and London blocks, leaving only the Osaka and New York blocks. I think that they may even have got rid of the latter now, leaving only the Osaka block (although I could be wrong on that point).post #19103 of 5956510/14/12 at 11:18pmQuote:
Well they only cost me $120 a pop, have a tough functional life and are expected to lose function potentially long before they 'wear out' aesthetically :-) Good to know that Tod's last decently though.post #19104 of 5956510/15/12 at 12:01amQuote:
I'd disagree. I have 2 pairs of Tod's, and I have worn them both down to the rubber piece underlying the nubs remarkably quick.
At the prices of your shoes however, I'd be happy to buy them, even with the expectation that the sole won't last a long time.post #19105 of 5956510/15/12 at 1:21am
Guys! Looking to get some new shoes for work, I suit up every day. I have a navy suit and a grey suit.
Looking to spend $200-300 here. Would like both black and brown - but don't have the $$ right now as I had a BIG spending few weeks.
Thus, which would be the better pick colour wise, and also the shoe too?
Any ideas/suggestions are hugely appreciated :)
EDIT: embarrassing - seems this was asked literally 4-5 pages ago. I'm just not sold on the wingtips.post #19106 of 5956510/15/12 at 1:27ampost #19107 of 5956510/15/12 at 1:57ampost #19108 of 5956510/15/12 at 2:04am
If you guys could go back in time, with all your years of experience, to when you got your first serious job, where would you buy your first suit?
Knowing that you aren't super rich (you haven't even started your first job), but you have years of SF experience and knowledge on what looks good and what doesn't what would you do?
Edited by JimmyHoffa - 10/15/12 at 2:17ampost #19109 of 5956510/15/12 at 2:28ampost #19110 of 5956510/15/12 at 2:30am
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 5 minutes ago
- › Porter & Harding, Glorious Twealth 25323 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › cheap tailor 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...