So true. Allan Edmonds makes some effort on their website. That is where SF comes in.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1271
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19052 of 6409610/13/12 at 6:57pmpost #19053 of 6409610/13/12 at 7:38pmpost #19054 of 6409610/13/12 at 8:04pm
Ah thebrownman beat me to it with the Alden lasts. Tried to post it this morning but it got held up for moderation so excuse its lateness if/when it's approved!
Quick question re MJ Bale suit sizing. If I'm a 38R in Hugo Boss (yes, yes I know how we all feel about them but it was 50% off, marked down from $1200 and fits like a glove) and size 38 in MJ Bale shirts, is it a safe bet that I'll be 38 in their suits? They're on the SU2 suit block if it's any help.
(On that note, if anyone's willing to go half in MJ Bale's 2 for $1000 suit deal, throw me a message. I'm in the market for their 'Mudgee Weave Grey' suit - anyone have experience with it?)post #19055 of 6409610/13/12 at 8:49pmpost #19056 of 6409610/13/12 at 9:50pmpost #19057 of 6409610/14/12 at 2:34ampost #19058 of 6409610/14/12 at 2:35ampost #19059 of 6409610/14/12 at 3:11amSpeaking of which, I just picked up 2 pairs from TBS tonight.
I am going to give the tournament lows another go. This time in Olive. Thinking that the grey pair I had were simply faulty. Time will tell. Also really wanted to pick up these new style Navy Achilles. Nubuck FTW. Was going to get the same style in the warm grey but they were sold out.post #19060 of 6409610/14/12 at 3:37amQuote:
There's not much around in Brisbane for under $300. You can always try some Loake's on in DJ's and buy online, otherwise you're SOL.post #19061 of 6409610/14/12 at 4:04amQuote:
I suppose that it depends in part on what you consider to be good. Regrettably, however, even expensive shoes in Brisbane are rubbish - you'll easily pay $400 for a pair of fabric-lined (not leather-lined) shoes with glued (not stitched) soles with the uppers probably made from cheap, shiny, corrected-grain leather.
Therefore, Naka's suggestion is a good one - see what Loake models DJs have in stock, try some on to get an idea of your size, and then order from somewhere like Herring Shoes or Pediwear in the UK.post #19062 of 6409610/14/12 at 4:24ampost #19063 of 6409610/14/12 at 4:46am
Thanks heaps for the recommendations. Yeah I was really considering Loake's they are lovely shoes. The other ones I've seen are Bally, Lloyds and Paul Smith which all sit around 450-700. Hey a Calibre store just opened in Brisbane which have some lovely LOOKING clothes and shoes. Has anyone had any experience with their clothes or their shoes (The shoes are surprisingly made in Italy and have leather soles and priced at $299).post #19064 of 6409610/14/12 at 4:53amQuote:Originally Posted by JRolley
Thanks heaps for the recommendations. Yeah I was really considering Loake's they are lovely shoes. The other ones I've seen are Bally, Lloyds and Paul Smith which all sit around 450-700. Hey a Calibre store just opened in Brisbane which have some lovely LOOKING clothes and shoes. Has anyone had any experience with their clothes or their shoes (The shoes are surprisingly made in Italy and have leather soles and priced at $299).
Calibre's not known for it's quality or styling around here.
Regarding shoes, I just remembered there's a boutique in Elizabeth St Arcade selling Alfred Sargents and Loake 1880's, you could size there as well.post #19065 of 6409610/14/12 at 4:59am
Yeah I have never bought anything there I just walked into their boutique one day last week and some of their stuff looked nice, had never spoken to anyone about it but from what you said I'm guessing it's another Australian brand putting quality last and expecting people to pay large sums.
Thanks for that! I'll check it out next time I'm in the city. For Loake is there a particular model anyone could recommend I'm fairly tall and thin so I like my shoes not bulky but fairly modern and sleek but they still have the classic feel and quality.
- Australian Members
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 44 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 8 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › GAY? 9 minutes ago
- › SARTORIA FORMOSA SUIT - MINNIS GREY FRESCO - 50R* 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...