or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1269

post #19021 of 52411
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

I'd be surprised if you lost more than 15% from 1 wear, Romps' maybe 20-25%?

I wouldn't be. Cheaney Imperial Wardour semi brogue retails in Australia for ~ $500, and, at least at McCloud shoes in Melbourne, isn't available in burgundy calf.

I wore my pair once (for one day inside an office), they cost $380 when new from the UK, and I've had no interest dropping the price down as low as $250. I'm no mathematician, but half the Australian RRP for a pair of shoes worn once. That's a steal.

 

I'd imagine it's also different for some brands. The forum is currently on a Carmina/Meermin kick, similar to the popularity of Alden/C&J, so there may be more love for some things second hand than others. I'll be listing a couple of pairs later this week, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

post #19022 of 52411
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

I wouldn't be. Cheaney Imperial Wardour semi brogue retails in Australia for ~ $500, and, at least at McCloud shoes in Melbourne, isn't available in burgundy calf.
I wore my pair once (for one day inside an office), they cost $380 when new from the UK, and I've had no interest dropping the price down as low as $250. I'm no mathematician, but half the Australian RRP for a pair of shoes worn once. That's a steal.

Whats a fair price is perhaps the wrong question. What might someone pay for them - put yourself in the buyers shoes. (note small word play on shoes)

As rough rule of thumb when I was doing a lot of trading, not clothes, then a new unwanted item was discounted by 1/3 automatically off new price. When the usual returns, faults and guarantees were not available then even more was taken off.

That might suggest your Cheaneys on sale now at UK for $187GBP brand new with returns possible - say here as new - less 30% - = $125gbp
convert to aud$ = $187aud. Would suggest to me that once your Cheaneys get to below $200aud - they will sell.
post #19023 of 52411
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

I'd imagine it's also different for some brands. The forum is currently on a Carmina/Meermin kick, similar to the popularity of Alden/C&J, so there may be more love for some things second hand than others. I'll be listing a couple of pairs later this week, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

+1. This cyclical obsession over brands is something that does irritate me about SF from time to time - years ago it was Ferragamo Tramezza, then Santoni, Edward Green, Vass, C&J, Carmina and Meermin. I'm sure that I've missed out one or two stages in there!

I've got a number of pairs of shoes to sell, and I'm rather worried about getting a reasonable price for them as they aren't brands that are trendy right now, even though they are fantastic shoes.
post #19024 of 52411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post


I've got a number of pairs of shoes to sell, and I'm rather worried about getting a reasonable price for them as they aren't brands that are trendy right now, even though they are fantastic shoes.

what size are you ?
post #19025 of 52411
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post


what size are you ?

what MD said  :D

post #19026 of 52411
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

what size are you ?

Most of them are a UK9/US10, but there are a couple of pairs that are a half-size or so larger.
post #19027 of 52411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

Most of them are a UK9/US10, but there are a couple of pairs that are a half-size or so larger.
Thanks. I am us 8-8.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliq View Post

what MD said  biggrin.gif

lol
post #19028 of 52411
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post


Thanks. I am us 8-8.5.
lol

haha bugger it, i'm a UK 8/US 9

post #19029 of 52411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

What are you selling Romp?
Carmina Robert Last Captoes in black Calf 9UK like these (but black) http://www.thearmourystore.com/shoes/new-carmina-brown-leather-captoes-robert-last - had steel toe caps put on and about 5-10 wears 

Carmina Simpson Last Punched Captoes in brown 9UK - these exact shoes bought from Ethan/The Armoury http://www.thearmourystore.com/shoes/carmina-brown-punched-captoe-oxford-simpson-last. Worn 10-15 times and has some toe wear (nothing major)

Wahts a fair price? Ill take photos this weekend along side my driving loafers:)

Do the Simpson and Robert fit you the same? Do you have narrow/low feet?

After my experience with the Alcudia (which is supposed to be similar width to the Simpson just a different toebox), I was thinking that it woukd be worth going up half a size in the 2 narrow Carmina lasts.
post #19030 of 52411

Just in case anyone is interested. I went into American Tailors yesterday and bought a gorgeous pair of handgrade C&J Selborne. They were $595 which is a phenomenal price - that's less than ordering online! They had a decent selection of Carmina shoes, however only in the Simpson last. I found I had to size up from 9UK to 10UK. They have an amazing navy slip-on and I was sorely tempted. Maybe another day.

post #19031 of 52411
Any idea on fit of Kitsune shirts?

Just picked one up from their site in L to play it safe.
post #19032 of 52411

They're not my cup of tea, but I found this pair of Vass on ebay:

 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/120996625879?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_518wt_1397

 

$400 and only worn twice. A pretty good deal, methinks.

post #19033 of 52411
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post

Do the Simpson and Robert fit you the same? Do you have narrow/low feet?
After my experience with the Alcudia (which is supposed to be similar width to the Simpson just a different toebox), I was thinking that it woukd be worth going up half a size in the 2 narrow Carmina lasts.
I've got both also and the Simpson run slimmer, but I still wear a 9 in both. Robert is also a bit roomier in the heel. Both fit me fairly well though my Simpson are a derby not an Oxford, so probably fit a little bigger than a Simpson with closed lacing would. Hope that helps.
post #19034 of 52411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post

I've got both also and the Simpson run slimmer, but I still wear a 9 in both. Robert is also a bit roomier in the heel. Both fit me fairly well though my Simpson are a derby not an Oxford, so probably fit a little bigger than a Simpson with closed lacing would. Hope that helps.

Does the roomier heel fit you better or cause issues, Jas?

Does anyone know of any lasts, that in their experience, boast a narrower heel and average to wider forefoot?
post #19035 of 52411
Kind of in between T, it doesn't really cause issues but it certainly doesn't make it better (for my foot anyway). The best middle road I've found is the Meermin olfe last, which fits almost like the Robert but is a bit snigger in the heel.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members