Put This On says something similar on the cotton trousers vs chinos thing.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1259
Styleforum Top Picks
I bought 4 Uniqlo Oxford Button Down Collar shirts recently but they are slightly to small for me.
They are sourced from Malaysia, size S (Asian size S would be XS in Europe/US I presume). Comes in White, Blue, Pink and Lavender. All only worn about 2~3 each, and in perfect condition.
Will do all 4 together for $50 shipped. PM if interested.
Any other options people would like to throw into the ring.
If I glanced at a guy in the street with these on id just think chinos unless they were wool/smooth material .. esp since they are light coloured like the americans always wear ... i think it has something to do with military-inspiration but meh they are pants that cover your legs, are cotton and are made by your favourite brand RL just wear them
Thinking of a brown messenger bag like this http://www.whippingpost.com/collections/bags/products/the-vintage-messenger
Any other options people would like to throw into the ring.
im a big Il Bisonte junkie ... i like building up my own patina over time and get the natural veg-tanned leather
For similar small-timers in shoes like myself, I am providing some feedback on my experience of some entry level shoes.
About 4 months ago, I purchased a pair of Herring build to Loake 1880 specifications, and also a pair of Meermin classic range black oxfords. The prices are similar. All of them were given the same maintenance treatment, rotated wear of once per week, and had shoe trees.
The Loake had better (but coarser) finishing than the Meermin. The Meermin had some minor scuff marks, loose threads, uneven stitching, etc. However, the Meermin's overall construction quality was a bit "finer", with nice touches such as 45 degrees sawn off edges on the heel (don't know the technical term, not bothered googling).
The leather quality for Meermin is definitely better than the Loake. Both leathers were stiff right out of the box, but the Meermin was slightly stiffer. However, the Meermin leather broke in much faster than the Loake, and has now molded to my feet for a much better fit than the Loake. The Meermin leather gives a better shine with less work, and appears to have better lustre and depth. I am just comparing basic black leather.
The inner leather lining of the Meermin is again better quality than the Loake. The leather appears to be thicker but supple.
The footbed of the Meermin provides much more comfort than the Loake (which is still hard and stiff). In fact, the Meermin "cushioning" is on par with Bally Scribes.
Initial wear of the soles were much faster for Meermin than the Loake. However, after about 5 wears, the rate of wear on the soles of the Meermin has reached a steady state and is wearing as normal. The Loake was topied after 5 wears, and at the time of topying, the wear was less than the Meermin.
There is no noticeable difference in leather creasing between Meermin and Loake. Both are snug fits for my feet, with the Meermin having a very slight heel slippage due to a larger heel area.
Overall, my money definitely comes down on the side of the Meermin.
Hope this helps.
Ties are like clothes, hanging helps to remove creases, stretching due to knots etc. I just can't see that this would work as well in a tie box.
Also rolling up ties after a day at work is the absolute last thing I can imagine myself wanting to do. I have enough trouble motivating myself to put my pants into the clamp hanger :S
I thought Il Bisonte is generally a fair bit more pricey than the bag Geoff linked to? It's nice stuff and Wanny Filippo is a legend but I'm not sure you could pick up one of his comparable messenger bags for less than $500.
Geoff do you have your heart set on a messenger bag or are you just looking for something stylish to hold all your stuff?
- Australian Members
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 41 seconds ago
- › Mad Men: Final Season 46 seconds ago
- › Setting up Online Side Business - Few Questions 47 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 49 seconds ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › BNWT Patrik Ervell x Dockers Collab in Khaki 32 x 34 2 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 2 minutes ago
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw