or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1254

post #18796 of 57897
Got a nice little package in the mail today of 3 new J Crew shirts from MiamiRedSkin on this forum. They took forever to get here using standard shipping but they look great. Perfect for the summertime I think.

Now if only my Filson 257 would arrive today also i'd be a happy little Vegemite.
post #18797 of 57897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Meredith View Post

Ordered my first HC tie over the weekend.  Some on sale for <$40.  Bargain.
Thanks Robert,

I'm just packing it and the other orders outstanding up now actually. The sale prices have gone back up now (a week later than planned due to only taking my iPad away). All old season is still on sale though, just not as much. A few have now sold out and most now only have 2-4 units left of them.

Had an awesome time on our honeymoon, back to reality (work) tomorrow....
post #18798 of 57897
OK good news our driving loafers that we are doing in collaboration with a new up and coming aussie designer have cleared customs and look almost identical to tods lol. Actually in my biased opinion i think our look better than tods due to the inner detailing. Quality is similar, handmade in italy, we just dont have the brand markup.

Either way we will be doing the photos for the website this coming saturday and pricing looks like it will be around $199 a pair which is less than half the price of Tods.

Oh and btw... There are mens and ladies pairs!

We are under embargo so cant release a sneak peek of these until the weekend sorry!
post #18799 of 57897
Very keen to see these R.
post #18800 of 57897
Two nice macs popped up in my eBay saved searches with low starting prices (APC one especially looks nice and is located in Melb - RRP was like $700 in Incu IIRC), not my size though:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120995704946&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230862054515&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123
post #18801 of 57897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

OK good news our driving loafers that we are doing in collaboration with a new up and coming aussie designer have cleared customs and look almost identical to tods lol. Actually in my biased opinion i think our look better than tods due to the inner detailing. Quality is similar, handmade in italy, we just dont have the brand markup.
Either way we will be doing the photos for the website this coming saturday and pricing looks like it will be around $199 a pair which is less than half the price of Tods.
Oh and btw... There are mens and ladies pairs!
We are under embargo so cant release a sneak peek of these until the weekend sorry!

 

What sizes will they come in (I'm a 40 EU)?

post #18802 of 57897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

OK good news our driving loafers that we are doing in collaboration with a new up and coming aussie designer have cleared customs and look almost identical to tods lol. Actually in my biased opinion i think our look better than tods due to the inner detailing. Quality is similar, handmade in italy, we just dont have the brand markup.
Either way we will be doing the photos for the website this coming saturday and pricing looks like it will be around $199 a pair which is less than half the price of Tods.
Oh and btw... There are mens and ladies pairs!
We are under embargo so cant release a sneak peek of these until the weekend sorry!

 

keen!

post #18803 of 57897
Just received my white chinos from ModernTailor. Nice soft cotton, good fit. However I can't help but thinking I should be umpiring a game of cricket while wearing them.
post #18804 of 57897
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliechan View Post

 

What sizes will they come in (I'm a 40 EU)?

Yeah 40-45eur for the mens. Our collaboration pair is camo pattern suede which might be too funky but there are a bunch of "normal" colours too. I love these shoes so much I may ask to do a style-forum one off pair too 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliq View Post

 

keen!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post

Very keen to see these R.

thanks - i cant wait to show them!

post #18805 of 57897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post


Thanks Robert,
I'm just packing it and the other orders outstanding up now actually. The sale prices have gone back up now (a week later than planned due to only taking my iPad away). All old season is still on sale though, just not as much. A few have now sold out and most now only have 2-4 units left of them.
Had an awesome time on our honeymoon, back to reality (work) tomorrow....

 

Yeah, can't wait to get a hold of it.  Welcome home.

post #18806 of 57897

Can't wait to see (and then buy smile.gif)your loafers Romp!

 

I'm in the process of upgrading my business wardrobe - an area that needs particular, urgent, attention are my shoes. I previously had to pairs of Loakes which i abused and are in terrible shape. However, making the most of a bad situation I've decided to go for an upgrade. I've just ordered a pair of C&J Lowndes and a pair of C&J Hallam's (both in black).

Any suggestions for a third shoe for work? Budget is something up to A$450. Did want the Carmina Simpson Loafers but they are out in my size and not sure it's the ideal 3rd shoe choice just yet.

 

Have also decided on upgrading my bag - have my eyes set on http://www.ettinger.co.uk/collections/pursuits/pursuits-wimbledon-briefcase/pursuits-olive-havana-wimbledon-briefcase   Thoughts or alternatives?

 

Cheers

post #18807 of 57897
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneystyle View Post

Can't wait to see (and then buy smile.gif)your loafers Romp!

 

I'm in the process of upgrading my business wardrobe - an area that needs particular, urgent, attention are my shoes. I previously had to pairs of Loakes which i abused and are in terrible shape. However, making the most of a bad situation I've decided to go for an upgrade. I've just ordered a pair of C&J Lowndes and a pair of C&J Hallam's (both in black).

Any suggestions for a third shoe for work? Budget is something up to A$450. Did want the Carmina Simpson Loafers but they are out in my size and not sure it's the ideal 3rd shoe choice just yet.

 

Have also decided on upgrading my bag - have my eyes set on http://www.ettinger.co.uk/collections/pursuits/pursuits-wimbledon-briefcase/pursuits-olive-havana-wimbledon-briefcase   Thoughts or alternatives?

 

Cheers

 

Ettinger FTW! I want one of the green/brown totes

 

$450 - looked at Aldens or Alfred Sargent? Im currently considering a pair right now as well

 

or what about the derby on simp last ? http://www.thearmourystore.com/shoes/carmina-black-eyelet-derby-simpson-last


Edited by Romp - 10/7/12 at 9:42pm
post #18808 of 57897
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneystyle View Post

Can't wait to see (and then buy smile.gif)your loafers Romp!

 

I'm in the process of upgrading my business wardrobe - an area that needs particular, urgent, attention are my shoes. I previously had to pairs of Loakes which i abused and are in terrible shape. However, making the most of a bad situation I've decided to go for an upgrade. I've just ordered a pair of C&J Lowndes and a pair of C&J Hallam's (both in black).

Any suggestions for a third shoe for work? Budget is something up to A$450. Did want the Carmina Simpson Loafers but they are out in my size and not sure it's the ideal 3rd shoe choice just yet.

 

Have also decided on upgrading my bag - have my eyes set on http://www.ettinger.co.uk/collections/pursuits/pursuits-wimbledon-briefcase/pursuits-olive-havana-wimbledon-briefcase   Thoughts or alternatives?

 

Cheers

 

http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/collections/alfred-sargent-exclusive-collection-price-asc

 

10% Alfred Sargent Exclusive until October 19, I got the Armfield for 281 pounds (approx A$450), free postage

http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/collections/alfred-sargent-exclusive-collection-price-asc/products/alfred-sargent-exclusive-armfield

 

The Hunt (full brogue) is also quite nice

post #18809 of 57897

Sydney definitely needs better footwear. I needed to have my Aldens shipped from the US or have some of my friends who visit there purchase for me.

post #18810 of 57897
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliechan View Post

 

http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/collections/alfred-sargent-exclusive-collection-price-asc

 

10% Alfred Sargent Exclusive until October 19, I got the Armfield for 281 pounds (approx A$450), free postage

http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/collections/alfred-sargent-exclusive-collection-price-asc/products/alfred-sargent-exclusive-armfield

 

The Hunt (full brogue) is also quite nice

how did they fit?

 

im a 9E UK on C&J and want to know my AS size

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members