or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1252

post #18766 of 54796
Does anybody know the name of the polo style of the RL polo I posted in the last page?
post #18767 of 54796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryback View Post

Does anybody know the name of the polo style of the RL polo I posted in the last page?

no sorry I don't. Most of the regular members I doubt will know either. I think you'll have your best luck elsehwere in the forum for this question.
post #18768 of 54796
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

I haven't said I was starting my collection...But how did you know! 

 

because you ask copious questions about anything and everything.

post #18769 of 54796
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasey25 View Post

no sorry I don't. Most of the regular members I doubt will know either. I think you'll have your best luck elsehwere in the forum for this question.

Is there anyway I can find it in the price tag etc?
post #18770 of 54796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryback View Post

Is there anyway I can find it in the price tag etc?

Ss cm match bp mesh ... Custom fit, match version of the big polo in mesh..

I think that design is about 4 years old at least... Best trying some clearance/outlet sites.

And i agree the street wear forum might have a better idea on these sport shirts
post #18771 of 54796

So.. at this rather strange time of night when I should be celebrating my anniversary, I find myself contemplating what to do.

 

Do I rebel and make a stand ?....or do I simply accept the status quo and suffer in silence?

 

You see...my Dilemma is this:

 

FOR 4 VERY VERY LONG YEARS I HAVE BEEN FORCED - AS PART OF MY EMPLOYMENT - TO WEAR A UNIFORM OF THE MOST CRINGE WORTHY YOU CAN IMAGINE...And I find myself at a loss as to what to do.

 

Consisting of:

 

Plain white Target business shirt

 

Black Polyester/Viscose STUBBIES Trouser

 

Black socks - sourced from $2 shop

 

Black Florscheims of some sort from their seconds store

 

Yellow Tie purchased in bulk from God knows where on the net.

 

Black Double Breasted Blazer from Fletcher Jones

 

This what you get when you work for a small time Business Owner that insists on supplying his staff with his idea of "good gear" and really only cares about his bottom line.

 

Every day for the past 4 years I've felt like a freakin European Wasp.....enough is enough!!!

 

So I need some advice here.

 

Do I rebel, throw caution to the wind, and wear my own version of the uniform?

If so what do you suggest

 

Do I shred the ties in protest and make a stand...?

 

Do I have a nervous breakdown and go on work cover?

 

Do I quit and get a new job......(The work cover option starting to sound good)

 

My apologies if this is all a bit vague..but right at this moment I feel like a Pit Bull that's chewing the Wasp

 

SO WHAT DO I DO TO RECTIFY THIS SITUATION BEFORE I LOSE MY MIND...?....

post #18772 of 54796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osqua View Post

So.. at this rather strange time of night when I should be celebrating my anniversary, I find myself contemplating what to do.

Do I rebel and make a stand ?....or do I simply accept the status quo and suffer in silence?

You see...my Dilemma is this:

FOR 4 VERY VERY LONG YEARS I HAVE BEEN FORCED - AS PART OF MY EMPLOYMENT - TO WEAR A UNIFORM OF THE MOST CRINGE WORTHY YOU CAN IMAGINE...And I find myself at a loss as to what to do.

Consisting of:

Plain white Target business shirt

Black Polyester/Viscose STUBBIES Trouser

Black socks - sourced from $2 shop

Black Florscheims of some sort from their seconds store

Yellow Tie purchased in bulk from God knows where on the net.

Black Double Breasted Blazer from Fletcher Jones

This what you get when you work for a small time Business Owner that insists on supplying his staff with his idea of "good gear" and really only cares about his bottom line.

Every day for the past 4 years I've felt like a freakin European Wasp.....enough is enough!!!

So I need some advice here.

Do I rebel, throw caution to the wind, and wear my own version of the uniform?
If so what do you suggest

Do I shred the ties in protest and make a stand...?

Do I have a nervous breakdown and go on work cover?

Do I quit and get a new job......(The work cover option starting to sound good)

My apologies if this is all a bit vague..but right at this moment I feel like a Pit Bull that's chewing the Wasp

SO WHAT DO I DO TO RECTIFY THIS SITUATION BEFORE I LOSE MY MIND...?....

Turn those trousers into a pair of real stubbies, burn the rest, quit and wear those stubbies down to centrelink
post #18773 of 54796

See.. I knew I had come to the right place.

 

Romp...you're a Prophet worship2.gif

 

Salvation is at hand !!!

post #18774 of 54796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post


Turn those trousers into a pair of real stubbies, burn the rest, quit and wear those stubbies down to centrelink

Romp, i'm surprised you suggested this. I would've thought you suggest Osqua don a handmade buotonniere to brighten things up  mwink[1].gif

post #18775 of 54796
Many years ago I wore suits to work daily and I did this for a number of years. I hated it. That was before I cared about what I wore generally - least of all work. Now I dress smart but very casual and I would kill to be able to suit it up daily. If I wear an Oxford shirt with jeans to work now, the developers think I'm going to a wedding or a funeral (I'm in IT).

I can see your predicament but this is your job, if you want to wear who you like then go somewhere that allows it or start your own business. I wouldn't recommend doing your own thing without running it past he owner of the business. If it really bothers you as much as it seems to be then perhaps you should move on. It can't be nice having to dress in those clothes.
post #18776 of 54796
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliq View Post

 

because you ask copious questions about anything and everything.

Hope that's not a bad thing :)

post #18777 of 54796
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

^
Thanks guys; heard that 1880's are the only Loake's one should buy; but a lot of people said the royal's were fantastic, though from your argument I'll look at the 1880's.
Btw I recall a (long) while back I saw a post about fairly cheap 1880's in Melbourne; if there are fairly cheap 1880's in Melbourne please let me know.

Thanks smile.gif

Beggar Man Thief has an outlet stall at the South Melbourne Market where you can usually find a limited range of Loake 1880s for around $250.
post #18778 of 54796

Thanks^ gonna go down there either Tommorow or next Saturday to get some shoe taps, should I get metal or plastic?

post #18779 of 54796
metal, dude.
post #18780 of 54796
Carbon fibre, the lightness won't ruin the balance of your shoes and it'll be bloody strong.

LOL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members