or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1230

post #18436 of 54980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post


Are you looking at just the Central end of town near DD & Foveaux or anywhere CBD?

 

Anywhere in the CBD

 

Thanks

post #18437 of 54980
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneystyle View Post

Hi guys

 

Off topic question - want to have a dinner for a group of roughly ten people. Any suggestions on good places around the Sydney CBD that won't have set menus (i realise that 90% of places will). Was thinking of places in line with district dining, berta, foveaux etc. 

 

Any help much appreciated smile.gif

 

 

Cheers

 

Bodega, Mr Wong, Felix, Porteno?

post #18438 of 54980
I'm going to be in Sydney tomorrow. Can anyone recommend an awesome cafe in perhaps Woollahra or Paddington?
post #18439 of 54980
The HB site doesn't appear to have anything different in the sale section than it did last week. Anyone gone into a store yet?
post #18440 of 54980
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

The HB site doesn't appear to have anything different in the sale section than it did last week. Anyone gone into a store yet?

I suppose that, because today is officially, at least, a "VIP preview" day, the website won't have anything in the sale section as yet.
post #18441 of 54980
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasj View Post

I'm going to be in Sydney tomorrow. Can anyone recommend an awesome cafe in perhaps Woollahra or Paddington?

Pretty much all of them in that area.
post #18442 of 54980
Quote:
Originally Posted by appolyon View Post

Went this look on my recent trip. Had to say my enjoyment was seriously hampered because I couldn't get FXH out of my mind.

Still waiting for the sexy white ankles pics - in various travel spots.
post #18443 of 54980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

Either Henry Bucks or Herringbone.
I know that Herringbone has a mid-season sale starting today, with up to 50% off. Well, the "VIP preview" starts today, in any case - click here for details.

Correct, Herringbone
post #18444 of 54980
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by appolyon View Post

Went this look on my recent trip. Had to say my enjoyment was seriously hampered because I couldn't get FXH out of my mind.

Still waiting for the sexy white ankles pics - in various travel spots.

 

I hate having other people in my travel shots, let alone myself. Will keep this in mind for future travels though.

post #18445 of 54980
Gents,

Here is my outfit from yesterday - rather "CBD" (conservative business dress) compared to some of my outfits.

[Please note - I am wearing the same, notorious grey suit from a week or two back, so please avert your eyes from the bowed lapels as I still have yet to lose my holiday weight.]







Details:
Suit - Deer Style
Shirt - Deer Style
Tie - Vanda
Pocket square - Kent Wang
Socks - Marcoliani
Shoes - Loake 1880, on the Capital last.
post #18446 of 54980
Saw some suits and sport coats at Calibre when I was in Melbourne that I rather liked the look of. I was unsure if they were worth full retail though, so I wondered if anyone knew of an outlet, or whether I should just hold out for a sale...

Cheers
post #18447 of 54980
Quote:
Originally Posted by appolyon View Post

I hate having other people in my travel shots, let alone myself. Will keep this in mind for future travels though.
post #18448 of 54980
Me in preppy look -relaxing in Greece - appolyon -
Look Mum No Socks!

post #18449 of 54980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post



 

 

nice outfit, journeyman. particularly the tie and shoes.

 

as an aside, the dimple in my ties generally end up like this (on thinner ties). what's the best way to correct it to the centre?

post #18450 of 54980
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliq View Post

nice outfit, journeyman. particularly the tie and shoes.

as an aside, the dimple in my ties generally end up like this (on thinner ties). what's the best way to correct it to the centre?

Thanks for the nice words.

I actually prefer an asymmetric dimple, so I'm not at all concerned by it being off centre. I suppose that just pressing your finger into the knot and pulling the blade of the tie a bit as you tie the knot could help to centre the dimple more.

I think that I read a post on StyleForum a couple of years back about a device that was designed to help you get a nice dimple in your tie but that seems to be taking things a bit too far...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members