Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
Last edited: 10/1/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1212
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18167 of 652649/20/12 at 12:33amQuote:
I was in a rush this morning. When I get home tonight, I need to check whether the problem is due to the shape or width of the tree vis a vis the shoe or whether it is a problem with the length of the tree (unlikely IMO). My Loake's width are G-fitting, so I suspect the problem is with the former.
I am not sure when free shipping runs out at Endless. You could just get some smalls and some mediums.post #18168 of 652649/20/12 at 12:41am
I posted this in 'introduce yourself' thread and now post here too cos I'm Aussie!
I live in Melbourne - an industrial designer and an art teacher. Over 50… I’m also an ex athlete – and never to retire – can’t afford to! Too keen on designing, with an expensive 16yo daughter (fashion nazi - sigh) + Italian motorcycles etc etc
I need classy casual gear I can wear in my studio/gallery - particularly to impress clients! (and my daughter – who says I dress like a hobo!)
I’m also into in fine shirts and their accoutrements - cufflinks and studs - since I’m working in this area; ie a partnership developing and making classic hand cast cufflinks in silver and gold. We already produce some designs. I’m keen to get feedback from members on the kinds of cufflinks they would like - given our theme – classic/timeless silver and gold cufflinks; expensive-ish, but not unreasonably so.
So, any suggestions any members can give would be MOST appreciated!
Davopost #18169 of 652649/20/12 at 12:43amI'm thinking I'll program a slight variation on this to automatically post every second day and twice on weekends. Its my new uniform.
Something Completely Different", Khaki chinos, OCBD unironed, brown belt, Brown suede chukkas/boots/desert boots, white OTC socks. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #18170 of 652649/20/12 at 12:45amQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
I'm thinking I'll program a slight variation on this to automatically post every second day and twice on weekends. Its my new uniform.
Something Completely Different", Khaki chinos, OCBD unironed, brown belt, Brown suede chukkas/boots/desert boots, white OTC socks. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
We have a nice white OCBD on our webstore - sold out of small, Might have one last medium but plenty in the larger sizes.
re: coffee - Thebrownman and I are currently having an instagram latte-art comp if anyone want to join in the fun?
I use a Compak K3 grinder and a Lelit coffee machine and mainly use Double Roaster beans. In my opinion Double Roasters is the best coffee in Sydney (ive tried ALOT). Suits my flavour profile. Strong and inky!post #18171 of 652649/20/12 at 12:48ampost #18172 of 652649/20/12 at 12:50amQuote:Originally Posted by fxhQuote:
But I couldn't really accept a free gift from someone I hardly know.
edit: and wtf is that about large sizes. Mate.
Heh.post #18173 of 652649/20/12 at 2:03ampost #18174 of 652649/20/12 at 2:14ampost #18175 of 652649/20/12 at 2:17ampost #18176 of 652649/20/12 at 2:50ampost #18177 of 652649/20/12 at 2:54ampost #18178 of 652649/20/12 at 3:30ampost #18179 of 652649/20/12 at 5:01ampost #18180 of 652649/20/12 at 5:22amIts ok rompy.
I have about 25+ OCBDs and another 10 old ones for around the house, up to the supermarket.
Many I have two of each. Different plain solid colours and stripes - guarded stripes, awning stripes, bengal, broad stripes, candy, pink, yellow, blue, etc etc
The one above I have 3 exact the same.
Some plain whites and blues and pink and university stripes I have for wearing with a tie.
I liked the effort you put into the popover. (although not a real fan of the current fad for untucked shirts - i could see myself hosting a BBQ in one of yours if it isnt too long.)
I also have 4 pairs of those exact same chinos and 4 pairs of brown suede boots + brown suede shoes.Plus 4 brown jackets - cord, moleskin etc.
I decided a while back for certain casual /weekend things I'd wear the uniform. Makes it easy - reach into casual/weekend cupboard grab something - put it on. It all works.
Edited by fxh - 9/20/12 at 6:01am
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 9 minutes ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 9 minutes ago
- › NEW AUTHENTIC CERRUTI 1881 OUTDOOR SILVER FOUNTAIN PEN & BALLPOINT 16 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 17 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 33 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 35 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 38 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 40 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...