Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Australian Members - Page 1212post #18166 of 679469/20/12 at 12:27ampost #18167 of 679469/20/12 at 12:33amQuote:
I was in a rush this morning. When I get home tonight, I need to check whether the problem is due to the shape or width of the tree vis a vis the shoe or whether it is a problem with the length of the tree (unlikely IMO). My Loake's width are G-fitting, so I suspect the problem is with the former.
I am not sure when free shipping runs out at Endless. You could just get some smalls and some mediums.post #18168 of 679469/20/12 at 12:41am
I posted this in 'introduce yourself' thread and now post here too cos I'm Aussie!
I live in Melbourne - an industrial designer and an art teacher. Over 50… I’m also an ex athlete – and never to retire – can’t afford to! Too keen on designing, with an expensive 16yo daughter (fashion nazi - sigh) + Italian motorcycles etc etc
I need classy casual gear I can wear in my studio/gallery - particularly to impress clients! (and my daughter – who says I dress like a hobo!)
I’m also into in fine shirts and their accoutrements - cufflinks and studs - since I’m working in this area; ie a partnership developing and making classic hand cast cufflinks in silver and gold. We already produce some designs. I’m keen to get feedback from members on the kinds of cufflinks they would like - given our theme – classic/timeless silver and gold cufflinks; expensive-ish, but not unreasonably so.
So, any suggestions any members can give would be MOST appreciated!
Davopost #18169 of 679469/20/12 at 12:43amI'm thinking I'll program a slight variation on this to automatically post every second day and twice on weekends. Its my new uniform.
Something Completely Different", Khaki chinos, OCBD unironed, brown belt, Brown suede chukkas/boots/desert boots, white OTC socks. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #18170 of 679469/20/12 at 12:45amQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
I'm thinking I'll program a slight variation on this to automatically post every second day and twice on weekends. Its my new uniform.
Something Completely Different", Khaki chinos, OCBD unironed, brown belt, Brown suede chukkas/boots/desert boots, white OTC socks. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
We have a nice white OCBD on our webstore - sold out of small, Might have one last medium but plenty in the larger sizes.
re: coffee - Thebrownman and I are currently having an instagram latte-art comp if anyone want to join in the fun?
I use a Compak K3 grinder and a Lelit coffee machine and mainly use Double Roaster beans. In my opinion Double Roasters is the best coffee in Sydney (ive tried ALOT). Suits my flavour profile. Strong and inky!post #18171 of 679469/20/12 at 12:48ampost #18172 of 679469/20/12 at 12:50amQuote:Originally Posted by fxhQuote:
But I couldn't really accept a free gift from someone I hardly know.
edit: and wtf is that about large sizes. Mate.
Heh.post #18173 of 679469/20/12 at 2:03ampost #18174 of 679469/20/12 at 2:14ampost #18175 of 679469/20/12 at 2:17ampost #18176 of 679469/20/12 at 2:50ampost #18177 of 679469/20/12 at 2:54ampost #18178 of 679469/20/12 at 3:30amA good read from someone who "gets" the broadband age, albeit in a different space http://about.abc.net.au/speeches/disruptions-and-dividends-a-fast-broadband-australia/
He should have a chat to Gerry Harvey.post #18179 of 679469/20/12 at 5:01ampost #18180 of 679469/20/12 at 5:22amIts ok rompy.
I have about 25+ OCBDs and another 10 old ones for around the house, up to the supermarket.
Many I have two of each. Different plain solid colours and stripes - guarded stripes, awning stripes, bengal, broad stripes, candy, pink, yellow, blue, etc etc
The one above I have 3 exact the same.
Some plain whites and blues and pink and university stripes I have for wearing with a tie.
I liked the effort you put into the popover. (although not a real fan of the current fad for untucked shirts - i could see myself hosting a BBQ in one of yours if it isnt too long.)
I also have 4 pairs of those exact same chinos and 4 pairs of brown suede boots + brown suede shoes.Plus 4 brown jackets - cord, moleskin etc.
I decided a while back for certain casual /weekend things I'd wear the uniform. Makes it easy - reach into casual/weekend cupboard grab something - put it on. It all works.
Edited by fxh - 9/20/12 at 6:01am
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 17 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 22 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 24 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 28 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 32 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: 19 October - 29 October: The Sleaze Challenge 47 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 49 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...