Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1194post #17896 of 604139/17/12 at 6:37pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17897 of 604139/17/12 at 6:40pmQuote:
HAHA, his name is actually Mike D (no kidding). His wife has asked him for 10+ years to get rid of his (ridiculous) sideburns, and he refuses.
He wrote this ad:post #17898 of 604139/17/12 at 6:56pmpost #17899 of 604139/17/12 at 6:57pmpost #17900 of 604139/17/12 at 7:01pmpost #17901 of 604139/17/12 at 7:03pmpost #17902 of 604139/17/12 at 7:05pmpost #17903 of 604139/17/12 at 7:09pmQuote:
A quick catch up - http://www.styleforum.net/t/88856/australian-members/6405#post_4721092post #17904 of 604139/17/12 at 7:17pmpost #17905 of 604139/17/12 at 8:16pmpost #17906 of 604139/17/12 at 8:38pmpost #17907 of 604139/17/12 at 8:47pmQuote:
Surely you can kind of understand. This is a forum for men's clothing, it makes sense to ask others questions even if you can get the answer direct from the source. I for one don't like leading sellers/owners/shop assistants on, particularly if I know I can get the answers to my questions elsewhere and particularly when those answers will be better. It also avoids any chance that you will have to cut through the sales/marketing to get an objective answer (though I doubt PJ is like this). For many goods, the information supplied on this forum is infinitely more than can be provided by the sellers of those goods (obviously not PJ in this case).
I'm sure some people also feel a strange self conciousness asking about price. It's been drilled into them by the dirty looks given by Eurobrand shop assistants when they sneakily check the price tag, in addition to good old fashioned vanity.
I generally don't actually ask questions on styleforum or even post much, because trawling through existing threads is normally sufficient. When I can't find an answer I might. I plan to get some PJ suits made over the next year or two, as I'm sure do many other people on this forum, and there's no need to discourage asking questions. No thread on this forum gives particularly specific information about ballpark PJ pricing ranges for different garments. I understand completely why PJ doesn't like giving this out, the average person would probably be discouraged by a comparatively high price for MTM and would not understand that prices for MTM aren't even close to fixed. I imagine one of PJ's biggest (and most rewarding) challenges is attempting to explain the benefit of a $1400 starting point suit to someone who hasn't investigated MTM or bespoke before. But most of the time members of this forum aren't those people, and we can take a ballpark pricelist with a grain of salt.
Simply put, I come to this forum because it is a one stop shop for information and answers that I could probably find elsewhere, as I'm sure do many.post #17908 of 604139/17/12 at 8:47pmpost #17909 of 604139/17/12 at 8:51pmpost #17910 of 604139/17/12 at 8:55pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread) 14 seconds ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 33 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 37 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 52 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 5 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY (really Saturday) CHALLENGE: March 28th: 50 Shades of Black Tie 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...