Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1194post #17896 of 679469/17/12 at 6:37pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17897 of 679469/17/12 at 6:40pmQuote:
HAHA, his name is actually Mike D (no kidding). His wife has asked him for 10+ years to get rid of his (ridiculous) sideburns, and he refuses.
He wrote this ad:post #17898 of 679469/17/12 at 6:56pmpost #17899 of 679469/17/12 at 6:57pmpost #17900 of 679469/17/12 at 7:01pmpost #17901 of 679469/17/12 at 7:03pmpost #17902 of 679469/17/12 at 7:05pmpost #17903 of 679469/17/12 at 7:09pmQuote:
A quick catch up - http://www.styleforum.net/t/88856/australian-members/6405#post_4721092post #17904 of 679469/17/12 at 7:17pmpost #17905 of 679469/17/12 at 8:16pmpost #17906 of 679469/17/12 at 8:38pmpost #17907 of 679469/17/12 at 8:47pmQuote:
Surely you can kind of understand. This is a forum for men's clothing, it makes sense to ask others questions even if you can get the answer direct from the source. I for one don't like leading sellers/owners/shop assistants on, particularly if I know I can get the answers to my questions elsewhere and particularly when those answers will be better. It also avoids any chance that you will have to cut through the sales/marketing to get an objective answer (though I doubt PJ is like this). For many goods, the information supplied on this forum is infinitely more than can be provided by the sellers of those goods (obviously not PJ in this case).
I'm sure some people also feel a strange self conciousness asking about price. It's been drilled into them by the dirty looks given by Eurobrand shop assistants when they sneakily check the price tag, in addition to good old fashioned vanity.
I generally don't actually ask questions on styleforum or even post much, because trawling through existing threads is normally sufficient. When I can't find an answer I might. I plan to get some PJ suits made over the next year or two, as I'm sure do many other people on this forum, and there's no need to discourage asking questions. No thread on this forum gives particularly specific information about ballpark PJ pricing ranges for different garments. I understand completely why PJ doesn't like giving this out, the average person would probably be discouraged by a comparatively high price for MTM and would not understand that prices for MTM aren't even close to fixed. I imagine one of PJ's biggest (and most rewarding) challenges is attempting to explain the benefit of a $1400 starting point suit to someone who hasn't investigated MTM or bespoke before. But most of the time members of this forum aren't those people, and we can take a ballpark pricelist with a grain of salt.
Simply put, I come to this forum because it is a one stop shop for information and answers that I could probably find elsewhere, as I'm sure do many.post #17908 of 679469/17/12 at 8:47pmpost #17909 of 679469/17/12 at 8:51pmpost #17910 of 679469/17/12 at 8:55pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Creases on a doble-breasted suit 15 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 24 minutes ago
- › BASICALLY GIVING THIS AWAY: Eidos Napoli Tipo Teal/Char-Brown Linen... 25 minutes ago
- › What is my face shape ? 26 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?