Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1194post #17896 of 633699/17/12 at 6:37pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17897 of 633699/17/12 at 6:40pmQuote:
HAHA, his name is actually Mike D (no kidding). His wife has asked him for 10+ years to get rid of his (ridiculous) sideburns, and he refuses.
He wrote this ad:post #17898 of 633699/17/12 at 6:56pmpost #17899 of 633699/17/12 at 6:57pmpost #17900 of 633699/17/12 at 7:01pmpost #17901 of 633699/17/12 at 7:03pmpost #17902 of 633699/17/12 at 7:05pmpost #17903 of 633699/17/12 at 7:09pmQuote:
A quick catch up - http://www.styleforum.net/t/88856/australian-members/6405#post_4721092post #17904 of 633699/17/12 at 7:17pmpost #17905 of 633699/17/12 at 8:16pmpost #17906 of 633699/17/12 at 8:38pmpost #17907 of 633699/17/12 at 8:47pmQuote:
Surely you can kind of understand. This is a forum for men's clothing, it makes sense to ask others questions even if you can get the answer direct from the source. I for one don't like leading sellers/owners/shop assistants on, particularly if I know I can get the answers to my questions elsewhere and particularly when those answers will be better. It also avoids any chance that you will have to cut through the sales/marketing to get an objective answer (though I doubt PJ is like this). For many goods, the information supplied on this forum is infinitely more than can be provided by the sellers of those goods (obviously not PJ in this case).
I'm sure some people also feel a strange self conciousness asking about price. It's been drilled into them by the dirty looks given by Eurobrand shop assistants when they sneakily check the price tag, in addition to good old fashioned vanity.
I generally don't actually ask questions on styleforum or even post much, because trawling through existing threads is normally sufficient. When I can't find an answer I might. I plan to get some PJ suits made over the next year or two, as I'm sure do many other people on this forum, and there's no need to discourage asking questions. No thread on this forum gives particularly specific information about ballpark PJ pricing ranges for different garments. I understand completely why PJ doesn't like giving this out, the average person would probably be discouraged by a comparatively high price for MTM and would not understand that prices for MTM aren't even close to fixed. I imagine one of PJ's biggest (and most rewarding) challenges is attempting to explain the benefit of a $1400 starting point suit to someone who hasn't investigated MTM or bespoke before. But most of the time members of this forum aren't those people, and we can take a ballpark pricelist with a grain of salt.
Simply put, I come to this forum because it is a one stop shop for information and answers that I could probably find elsewhere, as I'm sure do many.post #17908 of 633699/17/12 at 8:47pmpost #17909 of 633699/17/12 at 8:51pmpost #17910 of 633699/17/12 at 8:55pm
- Australian Members
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 22 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 34 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 43 seconds ago
- › The Grad Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › Desperately in need of a new dress shirt brand... 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Dark Tan Macquaries 10G 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...