Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 11/14/13 at 8:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1175
Styleforum Top Picks
Heads up guys if anyone is interested in a brand new, with tags, Herringbone Tie handmade in Italy.
Luckily I didn't pay the price shown on the tag, but I did pay more than the $12 it's current bid up to.
Looks like endless.com is about to end on the 27th September 2012.
Endless is the cheapest place to buy shoe trees. Free shipping over $100 is a top deal. Just checked amazon they will charge about $40 to ship 7 pairs of shoe trees.
Just did an order of 10. Thanks!
Applying to dress at work place I wonder if that's the same reason for advice of dressing like your coworkers but a bit better to stand out.
Or I have actually fallen victim of expectation effect where I expect a link and therefor I see a link between them.
The Epics will probably only work in boots or shoes with a high vamp: http://www.endless.com/Allen-Edmonds-Ultra-Woodlore-Shoe/dp/B002VWKRDU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&cAsin=B001MHE9RU&fromPage=search&sr=1-4&qid=1347499842259&clientPageSize=100&node=241745011&sort=relevance-fs-rank&keywords=woodlore
Other than that you should be fine with any of the Woodlore or AE branded trees depending on your personal preference. The Epics and Ultra have a wider heel area than the Full Toe/adjustable/split models. In fact they are wider in general. Keep this in mind if you have narrow feet - they may not fit your shoes. Or if you have reasonably narrow heels and/or a low instep and don't want the tree to stretch out that area of the shoe at all over time. The Full Toe/adjustable/split models are much narrower. For me the Epics and Ultras don't really work in my 5 lasted AE shoes (very narrow last).
I have almost all the models other than the split toe and I feel that they all work well in different kinds of shoes. If you're stocking up for the future I'd say buy a couple of Epics, a couple of Ultras and maybe some adjustable/full toe/split toes depending on your preference to keep yourself covered for all eventualities...
Edited by lachyzee - 9/12/12 at 6:54pm
i'm planning on getting about 10 of these. or maybe 15.
i'm planning on getting about 10 of these. or maybe 15.
As I said, I'd be wary of just ordering all Epics for the reasons described above, unless you know for sure that all your shoes are/will be high vamped. You could always sand them down though I suppose.
Is this because of the pointy top bit? With laces id imagine the tongue would just expand and this can still fit in?
Hmm what size is 9UK E width? Looks between Med or Large but want to compare to others:)
- Australian Members
- › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part II 7 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Do you prefer women wearing panties or thongs? 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › Sweater shoulder seams - what's acceptable? 10 minutes ago
- › The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn... 10 minutes ago
- › WTB: Rick Owens Padded Bomber 50-52 13 minutes ago
- › Barbetti? 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw