or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1167

post #17491 of 53392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

That aint a knife ... this is a knife! haha

LOL - yeah, my thoughts too, but if someone here does know the history of each I'd love to hear it. Alternatively, I could go and read about both styles on Wikipedia smile.gif
post #17492 of 53392

Looking to buy a blazer but any decent shops in Oz?

 

Or should I look to go to Uniqlo? 

post #17493 of 53392
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoli View Post


Herring Shoes
 

Which model from herring shoes?

post #17494 of 53392
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Yeah, well, Gerry, stop posting pictures of the same damn elephant! wink.gif

 

When everyone starts doing it, I will smile.gif

post #17495 of 53392
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

Go on, what's the story?
well in short, it's overpriced poseur cafe wear.
Seriously there's so much better stuff out there for people that are serious about cycling.
Despite what you might read on tumblr, wool jerseys aren't used by the pros anymore for good reason. For a 30km cafe ride, they are perfect. Not so much for a 120km hill session. But if your paying $150 for a set of gloves to look good at the local bunch ride cafe of choice you've got more money than sense.
post #17496 of 53392
the herring shoes are weybridges on sale.

the PRL safari jackets were 70% off at their outlet, which was in my budget. No way i am paying full price for their level of construction ($499).
post #17497 of 53392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post

well in short, it's overpriced poseur cafe wear.
Seriously there's so much better stuff out there for people that are serious about cycling.
Despite what you might read on tumblr, wool jerseys aren't used by the pros anymore for good reason. For a 30km cafe ride, they are perfect. Not so much for a 120km hill session. But if your paying $150 for a set of gloves to look good at the local bunch ride cafe of choice you've got more money than sense.

stirpot.gif

gotta get that apple job.
post #17498 of 53392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

Go on, what's the story?
well in short, it's overpriced poseur cafe wear.
.

Maybe that's what PG is going for
post #17499 of 53392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post

well in short, it's overpriced poseur cafe wear.
Seriously there's so much better stuff out there for people that are serious about cycling.
Despite what you might read on tumblr, wool jerseys aren't used by the pros anymore for good reason. For a 30km cafe ride, they are perfect. Not so much for a 120km hill session. But if your paying $150 for a set of gloves to look good at the local bunch ride cafe of choice you've got more money than sense.

Ah well... At least Ms X is pretty easy on the eyes.

Interestingly, Vox posted a pic of a very dapper and young Steve Jobs in a sport jacket and bow-tie on his tumblr a week or so ago. Don't know if it's still there.

P.S. Just ordered the silver and navy glen check! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Edited by ColdEyedPugilist - 9/10/12 at 3:20am
post #17500 of 53392
Quote:
Originally Posted by The False Prophet View Post

Looking good. Would you be so kind as to tell me where those driving mocs are from?

Yeah these are Tod's ... The shop was next to my departure gate at rome airport and had a few minutes to spare ... Plus they were on sale!
post #17501 of 53392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plestor View Post

Jacket cloth details?

The cloth is from one Deer Style's "house" books. It's a light, summery cloth that wears well.
post #17502 of 53392
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post

Maybe that's what PG is going for
Sorry if there was any confusion, I wasn't specifically referring to PG personally there. Everyone's ridden with a rapha poseur at one time or another. They're not just contained to darlinghurst cafes I'm afraid!
post #17503 of 53392
I am still not sure what the fuss this Mr Guido is about. All got was a guy who gets very annoyed very quickly wen you ask about PJ prices.
post #17504 of 53392
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post

I am still not sure what the fuss this Mr Guido is about. All got was a guy who gets very annoyed very quickly wen you ask about PJ prices.

I like that PG does his thing. Lot of respect for him tbh.
post #17505 of 53392

Sorry guys I know it's from a while back in the thread....but I love field jackets...

What is PJ? (sorry what abbreviation)

And you guys know anywhere in Melbourne where I can try one on...maybe a military surplus store or something?

And what field jackets would you guys reccomend? I heard Aspesi makes great one (but too pricey for me).

 

Thanks

Yours Faithfully

TehFunnyBunny

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members