or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1157

post #17341 of 52383
Woodlore (AE) switched its shoe tree manufacturing to China mid last year. Retailers with old stock may have some old made in USA ones. I have both, though, and there is no discernible difference. It's the same American cedar used. They're absolutely great and come at a very reasonable price from endless too (even cheaper if you can get them during a 20% off sale).

NB Had not seen this before, looks like an absolute bargain with $5 shipping. From reviews I've read apparently the lid can be sticky, but whatever, count me in:

http://www.endless.com/s/ref=topnav_sk__gw/185-2078444-2765865/?frag=1&keywords=woodlore#ie%3DUTF8%26cAsin%3DB000R9ZRRU%26fromPage%3Dsearch%26sr%3D1-10%26qid%3D1346907637139%26clientPageSize%3D100%26node%3D241745011%26sort%3Drelevance-fs-rank%26keywords%3Dwoodlore%26asin%3DB002VWKRG2%26ref%3Dsr_1_10%26pageCode%3Dd

Everything else I have looked into shoe valet-wise costs an arm and a leg + shipping...
post #17342 of 52383

I have these:

http://www.endless.com/Allen-Edmonds-Combination-Woodlore-Shoe/dp/B002VWKREE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&cAsin=B000JPF1M8&fromPage=search&sr=1-4&qid=1346908772247&clientPageSize=100&node=241745011&sort=relevance-fs-rank&keywords=woodlore

 

Works fine, smells great and feels sturdy enough.

post #17343 of 52383

I've been looking for some good shoe trees in Melbourne and was about to purchase from herringshoes. Given the low postage, it seems like a no brainer! All I need to do is decide on which shoes to buy with thembiggrin.gif

post #17344 of 52383
Quote:
Originally Posted by deingesicht View Post

I've been looking for some good shoe trees in Melbourne and was about to purchase from herringshoes. Given the low postage, it seems like a no brainer! All I need to do is decide on which shoes to buy with them:D

I'd say get in quick... I don't know how sustainable it will be to ship shoes trees to Oz for $5 / free wink.gif
post #17345 of 52383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge View Post

I'd say get in quick... I don't know how sustainable it will be to ship shoes trees to Oz for $5 / free wink.gif

Been going on for at least 2 years (my time ordering from endless)...
post #17346 of 52383
Quote:
Originally Posted by deingesicht View Post

I've been looking for some good shoe trees in Melbourne and was about to purchase from herringshoes. Given the low postage, it seems like a no brainer! All I need to do is decide on which shoes to buy with thembiggrin.gif

If you are buying shoes from Herring, they usually throw in the trees for free.

post #17347 of 52383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

If you are buying shoes from Herring, they usually throw in the trees for free.

If you have the right discount code or that its part of the sale offer. This worth a look http://www.cedarvillestore.com/p-14-mens-epic-twin-tube-shoe-tree.aspx same tree as Gerry is buying but cheaper and if you go to AAAC use the discount code and you can get them for about $20 a pair. Not sure about postage costs.
post #17348 of 52383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

If you have the right discount code or that its part of the sale offer. This worth a look http://www.cedarvillestore.com/p-14-mens-epic-twin-tube-shoe-tree.aspx same tree as Gerry is buying but cheaper and if you go to AAAC use the discount code and you can get them for about $20 a pair. Not sure about postage costs.

Their shipping within the US is quite expensive (http://www.cedarvillestore.com/t-shipping.aspx) I can only imagine how much international shipping must be...

That's essentially the problem with shoe trees - they're so heavy that even using a shipping forwarder will be expensive.
post #17349 of 52383
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Been going on for at least 2 years (my time ordering from endless)...

Good to know. I continue to be amazed how companies can ship reasonably bulky / heavy yet low-value things (books and now I learn, shoe trees) half way round the world for free/nominal cost, not that I'm complaining, mind.
post #17350 of 52383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

If you are buying shoes from Herring, they usually throw in the trees for free.

I have some herring shoes, but I plan on visiting the C&J, Edward Green, and John Lobb seconds/discount factories. I'll probably buy a half a dozen, then those that I really don't want I'll sell.

post #17351 of 52383

Sydneysiders,

 

Just seen in Enrico Santi in Pitt St, a sale sign. Went in and found that they have several pairs of Loakes on sale, including a nice pair of these 1880s for $195.

 

 

Cheers,


Eightace

post #17352 of 52383

When you guys buy things from online shops in foreign exchanges what's the best way to pay for your goods with a minimum currency exchange fee?

post #17353 of 52383
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO EMSHI View Post

When you guys buy things from online shops in foreign exchanges what's the best way to pay for your goods with a minimum currency exchange fee?

 

get a 28 degrees mastercard.

post #17354 of 52383
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO EMSHI View Post

When you guys buy things from online shops in foreign exchanges what's the best way to pay for your goods with a minimum currency exchange fee?

28 degrees card or Citi card - both of which have zero FX commissions

 

Otherwise you can rack up points on the Citi Select card (if you have one)

post #17355 of 52383

thanks guys

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members