or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 115

post #1711 of 57221
Im looking for some good quality 100% Sea Island Cotton shirts. (Pref single needle stitching, non fused collars and cuffs) Can anyone recommend a store? http://savvyclothing.com.au apparently do these for $89. Can anyone comment on the quality
post #1712 of 57221
Sea Island Cotton is a very overused and inaccurate term these days IMO. As far as I'm aware, true sea island cotton only comes from the West Indies and must be certified by the Sea Island Cotton institute, I have a pair of pantharella socks that had the special hologram they use on the packaging with it.

These guys claim that their sea island fabrics are sourced from italy, which is a dead giveaway (well the price is a dead giveaway). If you really want true SI, then be prepared to pay $400-$500 a shirt, but there are plenty of alternatives like Cottonwork that do what they claim is "Sea Island quality" for around the same price but have over 700 fabrics rather than the 89 these guys have.
post #1713 of 57221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post
Sea Island Cotton is a very overused and inaccurate term these days IMO. As far as I'm aware, true sea island cotton only comes from the West Indies and must be certified by the Sea Island Cotton institute, I have a pair of pantharella socks that had the special hologram they use on the packaging with it.

These guys claim that their sea island fabrics are sourced from italy, which is a dead giveaway (well the price is a dead giveaway). If you really want true SI, then be prepared to pay $400-$500 a shirt, but there are plenty of alternatives like Cottonwork that do what they claim is "Sea Island quality" for around the same price but have over 700 fabrics rather than the 89 these guys have.

Thanks for the heads up.
I will stick to Egyptian Cotton from H&K or H&H for now.
post #1714 of 57221
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanohare View Post
Melbournians - Where can I get a decent boutonniere to accompany my suit for the racing?

I'm sure every florist under the sun will do them, but anyone know of anywhere good or worth chekcing out in particular?

Thanks.

BUMP.

Anyone?
post #1715 of 57221
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanohare View Post
BUMP. Anyone?
I prefer a plain flower. A Boutonniere is a bit formal for the races.
post #1716 of 57221
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanohare View Post
Melbournians - Where can I get a decent boutonniere to accompany my suit for the racing?

I'm sure every florist under the sun will do them, but anyone know of anywhere good or worth chekcing out in particular?

Thanks.

Try Flowers Vasette. I haven't had boutonneire from them but their stuff is superb Last time I had a boutonierre it was for my wedding. Boy did that cost!

here are the details

Contact Us

Location: 247 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, 3065
Email: shop@flowersvasette.com.au
Ph: 61 3 9419 4988
Fax: 61 3 9417 1461

Store Opening Times:

Monday 9am - 5pm

Tuesday 7am - 7pm

Wednesday 9am - 7pm

Thursday 7am - 7pm

Friday 9am - 7pm

Saturday 7am - 7pm

Sunday 9am - 5pm
post #1717 of 57221
Thanks Tarlee, much appreciated.
post #1718 of 57221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlee View Post
I use it Charlie. Well septic, rather than seppo. The Yanks were not fully loved by Australian men in WW11. The problem being that they were over-paid, over-sexed and over here.
+1 - I use Seppo a lot.
post #1719 of 57221
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanohare View Post
Thanks Tarlee, much appreciated.
Ryan, let us know who you choose and how you go.
post #1720 of 57221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlee View Post
Ryan, let us know who you choose and how you go.

I'll probably just go to a local florist or something Tarlee cos I live south of the river, and the thought of going all the way to Fitzroy for a small flower doesn't really appeal.

I'll let you know though.
post #1721 of 57221
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanohare View Post
the thought of going all the way to Fitzroy for a small flower doesn't really appeal. .

This small flower. She might be worth it, no.

Mate, if you're going to Flemington tomorrow a bloody great water lilly might be best. Use it as an umbrella.

Good punting.
post #1722 of 57221
Hi Guys,

Got a few items for sale, some Alden wingtips 9.5 us in MC and a pair of APC raw new standard in SW&D. They'll be up for a week then if not sold going on the 'bay. Both in the FS forums.
post #1723 of 57221
Guys, I just thought I'll let you know that I am now selling hand made custom shoes. I'm based in Brisbane. So this information might be of some benefit to members living locally.

I will also be selling custom shirts, made in USA by Individualized shirts and plan to be selling custom suits probably in the new year.

I also wanted to know if Australian members would be interested in Allen Edmond shoes as I am also to obtain these at wholesale prices. Unfortunately the shipping is quite expensive so the more I am able to order the better it is.

If you want to check some of the custom made shoes. Please check out my blog or my facebook site.

http://www.deerstyle.blogspot.com

http://www.facebook.com/deerstyle

Thank you
post #1724 of 57221
Hi neyus, how much is shipping (on average) for a pair of shoes? Also will you be selling AE Seconds aswell?
post #1725 of 57221
Neyus, what's the price point starting at please? They look nice btw.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members