Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1140post #17086 of 679468/29/12 at 5:26pmpost #17087 of 679468/29/12 at 5:53pmQuote:Quote:
Ah good question and no split personalities fortunately. Owen and James is a combination of myself and my business partner's middle names.
"James" has a great eye for menswear, travels the world e.g. Pitti Uomo and meets with suppliers etc. He is shy, not so great with computers and prefers to do what he does;)
He is the guy modelling the trousers in the Owen and James affiliate thread as he gets the samples to his sizing to wear for a while to ensure that a) its something that looks good and b) its something that we can say the quality stands up after a season of wear.
So by the time we get new product in stock we have personally been wearing/abusing/going google eyes over our samples for a good 6 mths:)post #17088 of 679468/29/12 at 6:53pmpost #17089 of 679468/29/12 at 7:03pmpost #17090 of 679468/29/12 at 7:54pmpost #17091 of 679468/29/12 at 11:43pmnot sure how many of you have seen this, or if that is you with the beard.
http://thethousands.com.au/melbourne/make/hand-rolled-pocket-squares/post #17092 of 679468/29/12 at 11:56pm
I don't know how much experience you guys have had with using Saphir Renomat, but I bought some recently and gave a couple of pairs of shoes several doses of it over a couple of days. It does an amazing job of stripping away all the old polish from the leather (and it wouldn't entirely surprise me if it stripped away your fingerprints - I used rubber gloves while applying it).
I then used Renovateur and left it on overnight, brushed it off this afternoon and my shoes look like new! I mean they literally look like they did when I first took them out of the box! Amazing!post #17093 of 679468/29/12 at 11:57pm
I wonder if the author reads SF - he certainly mentions a lot of the usual suspects, e.g. Kent Wang and this:post #17094 of 679468/30/12 at 12:04amQuote:Originally Posted by TehBunny
American Tailors; I always pass that shop when going out to get dinner with friends; always looked smexy from the front door but thought it would have crazy prices.
So.....anyone have any general pricing from them (their website is dated) mainly looking at the Isaia shirts and then the shoes.
Sorry I feel v.rude quoting this post but got no answer and thinking of stopping by at American Tailors this weekend; and the question is still as above.
Thanks Againpost #17095 of 679468/30/12 at 12:06amQuote:
dont know about the isaia shirts, but the shoes are competitvely priced. i bought c&j handgrades on sale for 400 dollars. i think full price is 600 for bench grade and 700 for handgrade.
if youre going to spend isaia money on shirts, you might be inclined to consider your mtm shirt options.post #17096 of 679468/30/12 at 12:29amQuote:Originally Posted by eightace
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I don't know how much experience you guys have had with using Saphir Renomat, but I bought some recently and gave a couple of pairs of shoes several doses of it over a couple of days. It does an amazing job of stripping away all the old polish from the leather (and it wouldn't entirely surprise me if it stripped away your fingerprints - I used rubber gloves while applying it).I mean they literally look like they did when I first took them out of the box! Amazing!
I then used Renovateur and left it on overnight, brushed it off this afternoon and my shoes look like new!
tbh, who wants that. actually, i dunno, which kind of shoes you're talking about, though.post #17097 of 679468/30/12 at 2:15amQuote:
Not cheap but not Harrolds prices either.
Just be polite - ask if its ok to have a squiz, don't put your mitts over everything, respect if they have other customers or are other wise busy, don't write down details of shoes to buy later online, don't try on stuff and don't pretend you are there to buy unless you are. Simple really.
Nice people, great service.post #17098 of 679468/30/12 at 2:18am
Headed over to London, Amsterdam and Paris in December, and looking to visit SuitSupply for suits. Anywho, I've bought from Austin Reed before, in person, when I was there last, and I was a 36S in their contemporary cut or a 36S in their traditional, and then send to a tailor (difference is level of waist suppression). I got an email from Austin Reed and they have the following on sale, including free postage to australia:
Should I wait until I'm in Europe or should I get this? I was chasing something like this anyway. I think it's pretty nice for the price. It'd be fused most likely.
Thoughts? I don't have the budget for PJohnson (student here) and will be starting full time employment next year, but the as a field, the employers are notoriously poorly dressed.
A solid white shirt or very pale blue with a blue tie, or even a burnt orange tie would sit nicely, I thought? But I'm happy to defer to more sartorially-inclined minds.post #17099 of 679468/30/12 at 2:59ampost #17100 of 679468/30/12 at 3:09am
Sorry, I should be clear - the 36S in their traditional cut fits like a box. Hence the need for waist suppression, I'm not particularly thin. I'm 5'6"-7" and vary between 70kg-75kg. I'm a 38S for suitsupply, so.
I didn't notice the pleat though - excellent pickup, thanks! It's been ignored now.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Hw can Hermes or any other ordinary brand be better then this? 8 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on Ralph Lauren Shoes? 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds McAllister 8D Bourbon 9 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding