Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1140post #17086 of 549498/29/12 at 5:26pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17087 of 549498/29/12 at 5:53pmQuote:Quote:
Ah good question and no split personalities fortunately. Owen and James is a combination of myself and my business partner's middle names.
"James" has a great eye for menswear, travels the world e.g. Pitti Uomo and meets with suppliers etc. He is shy, not so great with computers and prefers to do what he does;)
He is the guy modelling the trousers in the Owen and James affiliate thread as he gets the samples to his sizing to wear for a while to ensure that a) its something that looks good and b) its something that we can say the quality stands up after a season of wear.
So by the time we get new product in stock we have personally been wearing/abusing/going google eyes over our samples for a good 6 mths:)post #17088 of 549498/29/12 at 6:53pmpost #17089 of 549498/29/12 at 7:03pmpost #17090 of 549498/29/12 at 7:54pmpost #17091 of 549498/29/12 at 11:43pmpost #17092 of 549498/29/12 at 11:56pm
I don't know how much experience you guys have had with using Saphir Renomat, but I bought some recently and gave a couple of pairs of shoes several doses of it over a couple of days. It does an amazing job of stripping away all the old polish from the leather (and it wouldn't entirely surprise me if it stripped away your fingerprints - I used rubber gloves while applying it).
I then used Renovateur and left it on overnight, brushed it off this afternoon and my shoes look like new! I mean they literally look like they did when I first took them out of the box! Amazing!post #17093 of 549498/29/12 at 11:57pm
I wonder if the author reads SF - he certainly mentions a lot of the usual suspects, e.g. Kent Wang and this:post #17094 of 549498/30/12 at 12:04amQuote:Originally Posted by TehBunny
American Tailors; I always pass that shop when going out to get dinner with friends; always looked smexy from the front door but thought it would have crazy prices.
So.....anyone have any general pricing from them (their website is dated) mainly looking at the Isaia shirts and then the shoes.
Sorry I feel v.rude quoting this post but got no answer and thinking of stopping by at American Tailors this weekend; and the question is still as above.
Thanks Againpost #17095 of 549498/30/12 at 12:06amQuote:
dont know about the isaia shirts, but the shoes are competitvely priced. i bought c&j handgrades on sale for 400 dollars. i think full price is 600 for bench grade and 700 for handgrade.
if youre going to spend isaia money on shirts, you might be inclined to consider your mtm shirt options.post #17096 of 549498/30/12 at 12:29amQuote:Originally Posted by eightace
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I don't know how much experience you guys have had with using Saphir Renomat, but I bought some recently and gave a couple of pairs of shoes several doses of it over a couple of days. It does an amazing job of stripping away all the old polish from the leather (and it wouldn't entirely surprise me if it stripped away your fingerprints - I used rubber gloves while applying it).I mean they literally look like they did when I first took them out of the box! Amazing!
I then used Renovateur and left it on overnight, brushed it off this afternoon and my shoes look like new!
tbh, who wants that. actually, i dunno, which kind of shoes you're talking about, though.post #17097 of 549498/30/12 at 2:15amQuote:
Not cheap but not Harrolds prices either.
Just be polite - ask if its ok to have a squiz, don't put your mitts over everything, respect if they have other customers or are other wise busy, don't write down details of shoes to buy later online, don't try on stuff and don't pretend you are there to buy unless you are. Simple really.
Nice people, great service.post #17098 of 549498/30/12 at 2:18am
Headed over to London, Amsterdam and Paris in December, and looking to visit SuitSupply for suits. Anywho, I've bought from Austin Reed before, in person, when I was there last, and I was a 36S in their contemporary cut or a 36S in their traditional, and then send to a tailor (difference is level of waist suppression). I got an email from Austin Reed and they have the following on sale, including free postage to australia:
Should I wait until I'm in Europe or should I get this? I was chasing something like this anyway. I think it's pretty nice for the price. It'd be fused most likely.
Thoughts? I don't have the budget for PJohnson (student here) and will be starting full time employment next year, but the as a field, the employers are notoriously poorly dressed.
A solid white shirt or very pale blue with a blue tie, or even a burnt orange tie would sit nicely, I thought? But I'm happy to defer to more sartorially-inclined minds.post #17099 of 549498/30/12 at 2:59ampost #17100 of 549498/30/12 at 3:09am
Sorry, I should be clear - the 36S in their traditional cut fits like a box. Hence the need for waist suppression, I'm not particularly thin. I'm 5'6"-7" and vary between 70kg-75kg. I'm a 38S for suitsupply, so.
I didn't notice the pleat though - excellent pickup, thanks! It's been ignored now.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Antiques, antiques auctions, recent purchases and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 14 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 16 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 20 minutes ago
- › Which outfit would be best here? 20 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 27 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 36 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)