I've never asked (I don't think anyone else has), but who is your mate that is the other half of Owen & James? Does he just play a more background role?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1140
Styleforum Top Picks
Ah good question and no split personalities fortunately. Owen and James is a combination of myself and my business partner's middle names.
"James" has a great eye for menswear, travels the world e.g. Pitti Uomo and meets with suppliers etc. He is shy, not so great with computers and prefers to do what he does;)
He is the guy modelling the trousers in the Owen and James affiliate thread as he gets the samples to his sizing to wear for a while to ensure that a) its something that looks good and b) its something that we can say the quality stands up after a season of wear.
So by the time we get new product in stock we have personally been wearing/abusing/going google eyes over our samples for a good 6 mths:)
I don't know how much experience you guys have had with using Saphir Renomat, but I bought some recently and gave a couple of pairs of shoes several doses of it over a couple of days. It does an amazing job of stripping away all the old polish from the leather (and it wouldn't entirely surprise me if it stripped away your fingerprints - I used rubber gloves while applying it).
I then used Renovateur and left it on overnight, brushed it off this afternoon and my shoes look like new! I mean they literally look like they did when I first took them out of the box! Amazing!
I wonder if the author reads SF - he certainly mentions a lot of the usual suspects, e.g. Kent Wang and this:
American Tailors; I always pass that shop when going out to get dinner with friends; always looked smexy from the front door but thought it would have crazy prices.
So.....anyone have any general pricing from them (their website is dated) mainly looking at the Isaia shirts and then the shoes.
Sorry I feel v.rude quoting this post but got no answer and thinking of stopping by at American Tailors this weekend; and the question is still as above.
dont know about the isaia shirts, but the shoes are competitvely priced. i bought c&j handgrades on sale for 400 dollars. i think full price is 600 for bench grade and 700 for handgrade.
if youre going to spend isaia money on shirts, you might be inclined to consider your mtm shirt options.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I then used Renovateur and left it on overnight, brushed it off this afternoon and my shoes look like new!
tbh, who wants that. actually, i dunno, which kind of shoes you're talking about, though.
Not cheap but not Harrolds prices either.
Just be polite - ask if its ok to have a squiz, don't put your mitts over everything, respect if they have other customers or are other wise busy, don't write down details of shoes to buy later online, don't try on stuff and don't pretend you are there to buy unless you are. Simple really.
Nice people, great service.
Headed over to London, Amsterdam and Paris in December, and looking to visit SuitSupply for suits. Anywho, I've bought from Austin Reed before, in person, when I was there last, and I was a 36S in their contemporary cut or a 36S in their traditional, and then send to a tailor (difference is level of waist suppression). I got an email from Austin Reed and they have the following on sale, including free postage to australia:
Should I wait until I'm in Europe or should I get this? I was chasing something like this anyway. I think it's pretty nice for the price. It'd be fused most likely.
Thoughts? I don't have the budget for PJohnson (student here) and will be starting full time employment next year, but the as a field, the employers are notoriously poorly dressed.
A solid white shirt or very pale blue with a blue tie, or even a burnt orange tie would sit nicely, I thought? But I'm happy to defer to more sartorially-inclined minds.
- Australian Members
- › Crockett & Jones Salisbury UK 7 - brown wingtip derby 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Cheaney Holyrood UK 7 - black double monk 12 minutes ago
- › TRAIN WRECK CHALLENGE - SC/TIE WITH JEANS! 13 minutes ago
- › NWOT $250 Ermenegildo Zegna Silk Knit Tie, Cream & Pink Horizontal... 14 minutes ago
- › J.Crew Ludlow Double-breasted Topcoat in English Wool - Size 40S -... 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 18 minutes ago
- › FS : Edward Green Galway 11/11.5. Dark oak Antique & Walnut Country... 18 minutes ago
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw