I've never asked (I don't think anyone else has), but who is your mate that is the other half of Owen & James? Does he just play a more background role?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:49am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
Australian Members - Page 1140
Ah good question and no split personalities fortunately. Owen and James is a combination of myself and my business partner's middle names.
"James" has a great eye for menswear, travels the world e.g. Pitti Uomo and meets with suppliers etc. He is shy, not so great with computers and prefers to do what he does;)
He is the guy modelling the trousers in the Owen and James affiliate thread as he gets the samples to his sizing to wear for a while to ensure that a) its something that looks good and b) its something that we can say the quality stands up after a season of wear.
So by the time we get new product in stock we have personally been wearing/abusing/going google eyes over our samples for a good 6 mths:)
I don't know how much experience you guys have had with using Saphir Renomat, but I bought some recently and gave a couple of pairs of shoes several doses of it over a couple of days. It does an amazing job of stripping away all the old polish from the leather (and it wouldn't entirely surprise me if it stripped away your fingerprints - I used rubber gloves while applying it).
I then used Renovateur and left it on overnight, brushed it off this afternoon and my shoes look like new! I mean they literally look like they did when I first took them out of the box! Amazing!
I wonder if the author reads SF - he certainly mentions a lot of the usual suspects, e.g. Kent Wang and this:
American Tailors; I always pass that shop when going out to get dinner with friends; always looked smexy from the front door but thought it would have crazy prices.
So.....anyone have any general pricing from them (their website is dated) mainly looking at the Isaia shirts and then the shoes.
Sorry I feel v.rude quoting this post but got no answer and thinking of stopping by at American Tailors this weekend; and the question is still as above.
dont know about the isaia shirts, but the shoes are competitvely priced. i bought c&j handgrades on sale for 400 dollars. i think full price is 600 for bench grade and 700 for handgrade.
if youre going to spend isaia money on shirts, you might be inclined to consider your mtm shirt options.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I then used Renovateur and left it on overnight, brushed it off this afternoon and my shoes look like new!
tbh, who wants that. actually, i dunno, which kind of shoes you're talking about, though.
Not cheap but not Harrolds prices either.
Just be polite - ask if its ok to have a squiz, don't put your mitts over everything, respect if they have other customers or are other wise busy, don't write down details of shoes to buy later online, don't try on stuff and don't pretend you are there to buy unless you are. Simple really.
Nice people, great service.
Headed over to London, Amsterdam and Paris in December, and looking to visit SuitSupply for suits. Anywho, I've bought from Austin Reed before, in person, when I was there last, and I was a 36S in their contemporary cut or a 36S in their traditional, and then send to a tailor (difference is level of waist suppression). I got an email from Austin Reed and they have the following on sale, including free postage to australia:
Should I wait until I'm in Europe or should I get this? I was chasing something like this anyway. I think it's pretty nice for the price. It'd be fused most likely.
Thoughts? I don't have the budget for PJohnson (student here) and will be starting full time employment next year, but the as a field, the employers are notoriously poorly dressed.
A solid white shirt or very pale blue with a blue tie, or even a burnt orange tie would sit nicely, I thought? But I'm happy to defer to more sartorially-inclined minds.
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments Navy Bedford XS 1 minute ago
- › Recent Purchases 1 minute ago
- › Mad Men Season 6 (Begins April 7, 2013) 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 3 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 3 minutes ago
- › Who makes the loudest shirts? 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexcel by Shavely Manden
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boot by blue suede shoes
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw