or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1093

post #16381 of 52270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Does anyone here use a cotton suit for work?

I have done, in navy, although people have commented on the creasing...

post #16382 of 52270


My HB mini haul.
post #16383 of 52270

4 for $144 plus $10 shipping seems like a good deal?

http://www.tmlewin.com.au/on/demandware.store/Sites-tmlaud-Site/en_AU/Home-Show

post #16384 of 52270
Really don't like odd jackets of any type with ticket pockets*. Flap pockets too for that matter. 2 patch & 1 welt for blazers, enamel/brass buttons.

No blogger blue however.

*Both jackets have this problem.

Ideally something with texture too, hopsack is fine.



Re: Cotton ignoring price I can't think of a time I'd rather have (pure) cotton over some other summer fabric. Similar to brown shoes/ linen for mine re: work.
post #16385 of 52270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Brilliant, that's my size smile.gif  The last is rounder and not as elongated as the Tetbury - I think the last suits someone whose feet are on the wide side of medium. They're also a taller boot so definitely different, more like the Northcote or Coniston than the chukkas or chelsea boots. The suede shaft will also differentiate them as well and might even make them more comfortable compared to boots where the shaft is calf leather. The dark brown of the suede also looks interesting against the darker leather.

Please post a review once you get them.

And delivered this morning. That's processed, packaged, shipped and delivered with DHL express tracking in under three days.

Review shortly.
post #16386 of 52270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selvaggio View Post

Herringbone?

 

Ah, thanks for the reminder. Living in rural SA tends to limit ones options, but I do head to Melbourne often enough to check them out (and, let's face it - there's precious little to brag about in Adelaide unfortunately).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post


Ive got a pj navy mako cotton sportcoat with white MOP buttons. Its my faithful

 

I do like the sound of this - Patrick reckoned my next commission should be a sportscoat... I must jst have to call him on this!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post


As I've mentioned a few times, I have this one:
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1048/'Caine-Sportcoat-Navy-Hopsack/Detail
Perfect for summer (very breathable) and can double as a suit jacket.
Whatever you do, please don't get a patch pocket blazer in blogger blue. The world needs less has enough of those.

 

That's one decent looking coat - decisions,. decisions... Actually I just found another thread on this exact topic, so I'll pop in there and see what the UK-ites are thinking.

post #16387 of 52270
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post

.... ended up leaving with one of those P. Albizzati linen squares. I don't wear bleeding squares. I have no idea why I bought it. I now have 4 pocket square that I never wear.

 

gold. what do they look like? are they available? 

post #16388 of 52270
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post

4 for $144 plus $10 shipping seems like a good deal?
http://www.tmlewin.com.au/on/demandware.store/Sites-tmlaud-Site/en_AU/Home-Show

Last I checked you can still use 'Australia' as a discount code to get free shipping, obviously to the exclusion of any other codes which is why I suspect they changed from default free shipping to this method.
post #16389 of 52270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

Ive got a pj navy mako cotton sportcoat with white MOP buttons. Its my faithful

Agreed.

I've got a navy cotton jacket with white MoP buttons from Deer style which I wear (perhaps too) often.
post #16390 of 52270
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post

4 for $144 plus $10 shipping seems like a good deal?
http://www.tmlewin.com.au/on/demandware.store/Sites-tmlaud-Site/en_AU/Home-Show

I think it's a fantastic deal. I would have snapped up a few if they actually have the 15/33 fully fitted in stock. Or that they offer 14.5/33 in slims. All that is left in my size is a black one.
post #16391 of 52270
What do you guys think is the perfect size canopy for a city umbrella? 42"? 50"? 60" would be getting to the "unwieldy" stage in the CBD I imagine.
post #16392 of 52270
Since there are many experienced online buyers here, I wonder if I could ask some advice about sending returned goods to Italy.

I realised there are risks with online buying, and in hindsight I might have handled this one better, however I would still appreciate your input (and still think the benefits of buying online outweigh the negatives).

I returned a jacket to an Italian online retailer as it was too big and arranged for him to send the new in the right size (it wasmy error in selecting the size), paying for the new one on the agreement they would refund the one I sent back once it arrived (minus original shipping costs).

The new jacket was paid for, arrived promptly and fitted perfect. Happy there.

I sent the original back, mark as "Returned Goods", and emailed the retailer. I then stayed in touch over the next four weeks to find out what was happening (they have very good, fast communication, even if the English is a little broken [far better than my Italian!]). The jacket was delayed in customs, something he said was an unfortunate regular occurance in Italy. Anyway, eventually it arrived with him and he refunded me, minus customs fee (which were very high). He did attach a copy of the custom fee receipt (in Italian but the numbers are there).

My question is, why should there be any custom fees on returned goods, and if so, who should be charged them? Do I have any ground to claim these back or where the rightfully charged? And if the retailer will not repay them (presuming I am correct in think no custom fees should be charged on returned goods) is it worthwhile opening a dispute through paypal?

The seller has been quite nice and helpful (and apologetic about the custom fees, though they were never mentioned when I arranged to send the jacket back), but I am not sure I should be expected to fork out for customs fee that are not required to be paid. I did buy another jacket after all. In hindsight I might not be wise to pay for another jacket to be sent before sorting the original one (though how that would avoid this problem with custom fees I am not sure, really I should have got more detailed measurements to start with).

Still cost less online that in would have here and maybe I just put it down to experience and learn from it but just wanted to get any advice from those who might know something about it?
post #16393 of 52270
Also visited the HB sale the other day. Nothing really caught my eye as I am saving for another P Johnson suit and some shirts, but there were a few bargains there (as mentioned by others above).

They also had waxed Belstaff Roadmaster style jackets in green and brown for $295 which looked great. Unfortunately the smallest size was Large. I tried a Medium last time when they were on sale at $600 which fitted well. Think these are a good price for any of the right size who likes these sort of things (I even considered bulking up again0.

I asked but they did not have any mediums (if anyone sees them at other stores please let me know and I will snap them up).
post #16394 of 52270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post

Since there are many experienced online buyers here, I wonder if I could ask some advice about sending returned goods to Italy.
I realised there are risks with online buying, and in hindsight I might have handled this one better, however I would still appreciate your input (and still think the benefits of buying online outweigh the negatives).
I returned a jacket to an Italian online retailer as it was too big and arranged for him to send the new in the right size (it wasmy error in selecting the size), paying for the new one on the agreement they would refund the one I sent back once it arrived (minus original shipping costs).
The new jacket was paid for, arrived promptly and fitted perfect. Happy there.
I sent the original back, mark as "Returned Goods", and emailed the retailer. I then stayed in touch over the next four weeks to find out what was happening (they have very good, fast communication, even if the English is a little broken [far better than my Italian!]). The jacket was delayed in customs, something he said was an unfortunate regular occurance in Italy. Anyway, eventually it arrived with him and he refunded me, minus customs fee (which were very high). He did attach a copy of the custom fee receipt (in Italian but the numbers are there).
My question is, why should there be any custom fees on returned goods, and if so, who should be charged them? Do I have any ground to claim these back or where the rightfully charged? And if the retailer will not repay them (presuming I am correct in think no custom fees should be charged on returned goods) is it worthwhile opening a dispute through paypal?
The seller has been quite nice and helpful (and apologetic about the custom fees, though they were never mentioned when I arranged to send the jacket back), but I am not sure I should be expected to fork out for customs fee that are not required to be paid. I did buy another jacket after all. In hindsight I might not be wise to pay for another jacket to be sent before sorting the original one (though how that would avoid this problem with custom fees I am not sure, really I should have got more detailed measurements to start with).
Still cost less online that in would have here and maybe I just put it down to experience and learn from it but just wanted to get any advice from those who might know something about it?

if beating customs was as easy as writing returned goods on the form, everyone would do it. yes the product was exported, but now its being imported.
post #16395 of 52270
I find it quite sad that I didn't even bother to check out the HB sale. I rarely bother to check out any others sales either. Being a 36R means there is never anything my size. My shoe size is 6.5uk so that's not helping either. Paying full price is not my idea of a good time but I'm rarely left with much alternative. Boooooo!!

Sucks to be me. Haha.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members