or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1082

post #16216 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasj View Post

I went to a wedding on Saturday. The groom wore a pretty well-fitted light grey suit with skinny lapels, a skinny tie and skinny red braces--overall not that bad considering--but the groomsmen wore cardigans instead of suit coats and belts with their braces plain.gif

roff. Were they trying to be 'ironic'.
post #16217 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Perfectly understandable Jas!
How is prep for the wedding coming along? In CBR or nearby?
As for those shoes, I can't really lower the price much more - I'm not familiar with pricing for other brands off the top of my head, but I'd consider $250 for brand new C&J a darn good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post

If those were 7.5, I'd fight you for them!
All the best with the upcoming nuptials. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

You are leaving it a bit late to ask us what you should wear for the wedding. - Many of us are ready to help.
(and if the men should have matching pastel green satin ties with black suits..)

Cheers guys. It's pretty well all done and dusted now as far as organisation goes, just have to pay for everything censored.gif

It's in Canberra at a nice little church in Reid (inner city) and then the reception is at the war memorial, which is a fantastic space.

FXH funny you mention, but we actually took a shotgun trip to Sydney for the day yesterday to get the suits. We went with MJ Bale in the end in a staple plain Charcoal. I was surprised how well they fit me as all of there stuff generally looks short. Service was good at the Woollahra store too.

So we have charcoal suits, white shirt, a cream very subtely patterned tie, white PS and black cap toe oxfords. Should please the I-Gents I think.
post #16218 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasj View Post

I went to a wedding on Saturday. The groom wore a pretty well-fitted light grey suit with skinny lapels, a skinny tie and skinny red braces--overall not that bad considering--but the groomsmen wore cardigans instead of suit coats and belts with their braces plain.gif

One of the funniest I've been to the "groom" had a specially made leather vest, with some fringe/tassels to top off his black jeans (clean), black shirt , white tie and black bike boots. He's never owned a mobike in his life - but saw himself as a Hells Angels dude.

Married in rural backyard under tree - nice enough - stinking hot - celebrant had to ask - guests politely to put out ciggies and down the green tins of beer for brief ceremony.

Celebrant was an hour and half late - forgot or something.

Bride was suitably pregnant, her other kids carried flowers...

As I angled just to side of couple and celebrant during "ceremony" - I looked over solid fence about 3 metres away to see the largest fattest big black pig I had ever seen, rolling very quietly in the mud. I looked at pig, back at wedding party, back at pig, etc .... for many times - at loss what to say ..........

....then I got stuck into the green tins of beer and special upmarket wedding Bundy and Coke from the rubbish bins of ice,and the odd nuptial joint plus nice BBQ, with the others.

And yes - hot weather + outside+ booze = it did end when the cops were called to stop one couple going at it with knives or something.
post #16219 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

roff. Were they trying to be 'ironic'.

Rolling on the floor f^&*ing, the next level of hysteria.
post #16220 of 54960
What ernesto said - was it a Thornbury or Yarraville hipster wedding - all irony and angst ?
post #16221 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

One of the funniest I've been to the "groom" had a specially made leather vest, with some fringe/tassels to top off his black jeans (clean), black shirt , white tie and black bike boots. He's never owned a mobike in his life - but saw himself as a Hells Angels dude.
Married in rural backyard under tree - nice enough - stinking hot - celebrant had to ask - guests politely to put out ciggies and down the green tins of beer for brief ceremony.
Celebrant was an hour and half late - forgot or something.
Bride was suitably pregnant, her other kids carried flowers...
As I angled just to side of couple and celebrant during "ceremony" - I looked over solid fence about 3 metres away to see the largest fattest big black pig I had ever seen, rolling very quietly in the mud. I looked at pig, back at wedding party, back at pig, etc .... for many times - at loss what to say ..........
....then I got stuck into the green tins of beer and special upmarket wedding Bundy and Coke from the rubbish bins of ice,and the odd nuptial joint plus nice BBQ, with the others.
And yes - hot weather + outside+ booze = it did end when the cops were called to stop one couple going at it with knives or something.

biggrin.gif Sounds like the sequel to Welcome to Woop Woop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennier View Post

Rolling on the floor f^&*ing, the next level of hysteria.

Perhaps I should rephrase...
post #16222 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post

Cheers guys. It's pretty well all done and dusted now as far as organisation goes, just have to pay for everything censored.gif
It's in Canberra at a nice little church in Reid (inner city) and then the reception is at the war memorial, which is a fantastic space.
FXH funny you mention, but we actually took a shotgun trip to Sydney for the day yesterday to get the suits. We went with MJ Bale in the end in a staple plain Charcoal. I was surprised how well they fit me as all of there stuff generally looks short. Service was good at the Woollahra store too.
So we have charcoal suits, white shirt, a cream very subtely patterned tie, white PS and black cap toe oxfords. Should please the I-Gents I think.

Jason

You've worked in Men Swear. Whats the usual wedding gear.

I mean for those who try.

(as an aside I don't get the "rebel" or "ironic" stance - if you don't want to get married then don't - if you don't want to wear a suit then don't - no one I know gives a flying rats .. If you don't like black tie - don't wear a tartan jacket - just don't go - the "rebel" stance seems immature and weak to me)

Now that the spring wedding season is here I'm going to do a quick and dirty look /drive around some of the churches , popular garden sites - ( eg one or two gardens near me you now have to actually book for a wedding as there were a few middle class dust ups over a rotunda or pond - hehe) etc and interview - briefly - some celebrants to get a feel.

edit:: getting in before blahman - clearly i dont need to interview celebrants "to get a feel" - although depending ......
post #16223 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post

fxh's only advice - "Go sockless or go home".

Sockless + lime green satin ties + matching PSs + black skinny suit with contrasting white trim on the skinny lapels = MAJOR WIN!!!!
post #16224 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

I like how Gerry is very open and shares his new purchases, thoughts on clothes, etc. The honesty is very nice - you feel a part of his interest in men's clothing, design, etc.
Is anyone planning on going to the Herringbone VIP night this Thursday @ Collins Place?
They're taking 20% off all stock in store (not inc. C&J) and I'm selling a $399 store gift card for $299, effectively saving an interested party even more money on a suit/shirt/tie, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post

I have said it before and I will say it again - Gerry Nelson, the Austrailan Members thread Mr Nice Guy.

I work in the same building as Gerry biggrin.gif. Jealous?
post #16225 of 54960
Popped into Azzaro today. They have loads of new Canali stuff for the Northern Hemisphere winter. A few wool/cashmere light flannel Kei suits (light grey check) and other flannel suits in checks and stripes. One 3-piece suit in a Euro 54 and a couple of brown corduroy suits.

Unfortunately the 52 regular in the 15xxxx block no longer fits me (the jacket length is very short and the button point is quite high) but I'm sure they'll fit some of you.

Likewise, they have lots of Cantarelli winter suits in their drop 6 block. Lightweight flannel, some fantastic colours (think dark blue and purple pinstripe)..but since I've gotten back into riding I need a slimmer jacket, these just swim on me.
post #16226 of 54960
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif


post #16227 of 54960
no one has mentioned the henry bucks sale. ill give the SF approved summary.

the edward greens they had at the last sale for 1k are now down to 800. not bad value as they are still common sizes and fairly safe designs. interestingly, most of them are F widths, where the EG default is E. good buying on HBs behalf but wont help those of you who like to try and then buy online.

there are some boglioli jackets on sale for 400. they have been in previous sales but not this cheap. there are several of that navy DB jacket that i saw one of you trying on last sale. also some nice checks in there. not all boglioli is this cheap but theres a good selection.

there are some drakes ties for 115. one or two woolen ones. otherwise fairly safe designs. they are the favoured 8cm width. of course lots of other ties on sale.

brioni is half price! 2k sport jackets!! there was a tux there in my size but at 8k retail, it stayed there.

not much else of note or different than in previous sales.
post #16228 of 54960
Thanks for the recap Fox81 smile.gif
post #16229 of 54960
Adding to foxy:

I went into HBucks the other day with a mate, after lunch at his club - hes one of those blokes who shops at HBs (and McClouds).

It was a schemozzle with people everywhere.

My mate picked up 5 shirts down to $85! One a horse blanket BD. I tried to convince him to go for a nice blue OCBD - HB own brand down to $85 - interesting in terms of the white shirt thread elsewhere - he is a bit wary of anything but white.

I had a squiz at the BMT set up - hard to tell with sale but seems a very much greater range of shoes and better range of price points.

Millions of ties - but most of them didn't appeal - the few that did I already had.

I was overcome by an ever so slightly shame faced schadenfreude looking at an almost exact copy of my winter, khaki, heavy, patch pocket faux hunting over-jacket - HB marked down from $790 to $390 - mine new =$28 - noice.
post #16230 of 54960
just looking at Q&A - not perfect but - Katter must be the most consistently best dressed pollie in Australia at present.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members