Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1033
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15482 of 586597/16/12 at 5:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by RemyMichel
My Meermin's arrived today!!!
Black double monks on the Hiro Last.
Weird last shape IMO. Heel is quite wide and toe box is quite narrow.
I'm finding that my heal slipping a fair bit but the toe box is tight.
And very stiff on first wear.
Great looking last though.
I also have suede boots coming which im looking forward to getting.
pics to come
Yeah i found the actual heel and instep to be Bit large on the hiro. Ive gone with a MTO Olfe last to see how that compares.. Will post pics in 2 months when they arrive lolpost #15483 of 586597/16/12 at 5:04pmpost #15484 of 586597/16/12 at 5:16pmpost #15485 of 586597/16/12 at 6:02pmJust to confirm what I said yesterday, TM Lewin are opening a store on King st SYD in August.
If any of you jokers are interested in a bit of part time work looks like they are hiring, though on recent form the majority of active members here would struggle to demonstrate the requisite people skills.post #15486 of 586597/16/12 at 6:09pmpost #15487 of 586597/16/12 at 6:31pmpost #15488 of 586597/16/12 at 6:32pm
Sounds like usual customer service in Sydney to me.
On a more serious note, some shoes arrived from Herring last Friday. Considering the order was placed on Monday, that is bloody quick. Dont really like the garish gold buckle. If anyone knows how to tarnish it until it turns into a bronze/brass like color, please help.post #15489 of 586597/16/12 at 6:50pmpost #15490 of 586597/16/12 at 6:53pmpost #15491 of 586597/16/12 at 6:54pmpost #15492 of 586597/16/12 at 7:03pmpost #15493 of 586597/16/12 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Petepan
Sounds like usual customer service in Sydney to me.
On a more serious note, some shoes arrived from Herring last Friday. Considering the order was placed on Monday, that is bloody quick. Dont really like the garish gold buckle. If anyone knows how to tarnish it until it turns into a bronze/brass like color, please help.
I would suggest vitriolic acid, which you can get from a hardware or motor store (just ask for battery acid). Failing that just say something like "Blake Rapid shoes are better than Goodyear welted" on the forum and you'll get your vitriol for for free.
Seriously though, I suggest soaking a rag in the acid and then applying to the buckles which will tarnish them quite quickly. If they don't tarnish straight away just keep applying till they do.post #15494 of 586597/16/12 at 7:06pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Inverallan 14 minutes ago
- › Yanko Shoes - size 7.5 - Made in Spain - similar to Carmina 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 14 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 21 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 25 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 26 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 39 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 52 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays