Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1033
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15482 of 580067/16/12 at 5:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by RemyMichel
My Meermin's arrived today!!!
Black double monks on the Hiro Last.
Weird last shape IMO. Heel is quite wide and toe box is quite narrow.
I'm finding that my heal slipping a fair bit but the toe box is tight.
And very stiff on first wear.
Great looking last though.
I also have suede boots coming which im looking forward to getting.
pics to come
Yeah i found the actual heel and instep to be Bit large on the hiro. Ive gone with a MTO Olfe last to see how that compares.. Will post pics in 2 months when they arrive lolpost #15483 of 580067/16/12 at 5:04pmpost #15484 of 580067/16/12 at 5:16pmpost #15485 of 580067/16/12 at 6:02pmJust to confirm what I said yesterday, TM Lewin are opening a store on King st SYD in August.
If any of you jokers are interested in a bit of part time work looks like they are hiring, though on recent form the majority of active members here would struggle to demonstrate the requisite people skills.post #15486 of 580067/16/12 at 6:09pmpost #15487 of 580067/16/12 at 6:31pmpost #15488 of 580067/16/12 at 6:32pm
Sounds like usual customer service in Sydney to me.
On a more serious note, some shoes arrived from Herring last Friday. Considering the order was placed on Monday, that is bloody quick. Dont really like the garish gold buckle. If anyone knows how to tarnish it until it turns into a bronze/brass like color, please help.post #15489 of 580067/16/12 at 6:50pmpost #15490 of 580067/16/12 at 6:53pmpost #15491 of 580067/16/12 at 6:54pmpost #15492 of 580067/16/12 at 7:03pmpost #15493 of 580067/16/12 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Petepan
Sounds like usual customer service in Sydney to me.
On a more serious note, some shoes arrived from Herring last Friday. Considering the order was placed on Monday, that is bloody quick. Dont really like the garish gold buckle. If anyone knows how to tarnish it until it turns into a bronze/brass like color, please help.
I would suggest vitriolic acid, which you can get from a hardware or motor store (just ask for battery acid). Failing that just say something like "Blake Rapid shoes are better than Goodyear welted" on the forum and you'll get your vitriol for for free.
Seriously though, I suggest soaking a rag in the acid and then applying to the buckles which will tarnish them quite quickly. If they don't tarnish straight away just keep applying till they do.post #15494 of 580067/16/12 at 7:06pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › 2014 50 Book Challenge 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Any well-constructed, sleek loafers? 5 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 6 minutes ago
- › You know book gays due in May so easily 7 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Plastic Surgery 18 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 19 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 26 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...