Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1007post #15091 of 679467/5/12 at 12:14am^ indeed it is! Glad you both got yours send thanks also sliq. They have been selling very well the last few days. In the sale ones I only have 1 grey and 1 wine left and 3 charcoal and navy at full price. It'll take 3 weeks to re stock which is a bit long really, so thats it until march next year if anyone is holding off.post #15092 of 679467/5/12 at 1:06ampost #15093 of 679467/5/12 at 1:55amHas anyone who bought from the Herring sale heard anything back from them?
So far all I got was a confirmation email and got my CC charged and nothing else.
Pediwear would ship usually the next day.
Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2post #15094 of 679467/5/12 at 1:56ampost #15095 of 679467/5/12 at 2:30amQuote:
I actually got them from ebay - just a question of making sure the condition was good. I'm sure some of our American friends can pretty easily source you a pair if you like.post #15096 of 679467/5/12 at 2:30ampost #15097 of 679467/5/12 at 3:17ampost #15098 of 679467/5/12 at 3:19amQuote:It's not un common with all open weave fabrics to be honest, but the shedding (not to be confused with pilling) wont last too long, a week or 2 at the most usually. It's mainly just caused by friction against a coat or skin etc, the combination of something soft and furry rubbing against something harder like a worsted wool. But it's not a sign of poor quality by any means. To answer your question my scarves will do a little also, I found it went away after about 4-5 wears.
P.s wine is now also sold outpost #15099 of 679467/5/12 at 3:24ampost #15100 of 679467/5/12 at 3:24ampost #15101 of 679467/5/12 at 3:25ampost #15102 of 679467/5/12 at 3:26amQuote:Originally Posted by tobiasj
Thought some of you might appreciate this glimpse of vintage fashion from England in the early 1940s:
The couple getting married are my grandparents. I particularly like my grandmother's rakish hat and my great-uncle's (second from left) trousers. Think he was a pretty stylish young guy at the time.
Brilliant, nice idea to have shared.post #15103 of 679467/5/12 at 3:42amFor anyone interested. This is a shot of a WW Chan unpadded shoulder (left), versus a PJ unpadded shoulder (right), that I just took on my iPad to share with a friend.
The lack of a top-stitch (and I imagine therefore a lapped seam) on the PJ coat is interesting to me. I don't believe it is a true shirt-sleeve shoulder. But it is still nice regardless. It suits my needs well given that I have very broad shoulders that need no further emphasis.
If you look carefully, you can see the top-stitch along the shoulder off the WW Chan coat. The way the shoulder just collapses on itself when not supported is glorious.post #15104 of 679467/5/12 at 3:46ampost #15105 of 679467/5/12 at 3:49amQuote:
ebay prices are ridiculous, imo. besides, i have a very low limit for used shoes.
i'm sure my bro's can. i've two hunters out there.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
Currently, there are 1391 Active Users (303 Members and 1088 Guests)
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 13 seconds ago
- › Young casual streetwear/ club clothing 1 minute ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 7 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide