Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1007post #15091 of 640747/5/12 at 12:14am^ indeed it is! Glad you both got yours send thanks also sliq. They have been selling very well the last few days. In the sale ones I only have 1 grey and 1 wine left and 3 charcoal and navy at full price. It'll take 3 weeks to re stock which is a bit long really, so thats it until march next year if anyone is holding off.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15092 of 640747/5/12 at 1:06ampost #15093 of 640747/5/12 at 1:55ampost #15094 of 640747/5/12 at 1:56ampost #15095 of 640747/5/12 at 2:30amQuote:
I actually got them from ebay - just a question of making sure the condition was good. I'm sure some of our American friends can pretty easily source you a pair if you like.post #15096 of 640747/5/12 at 2:30ampost #15097 of 640747/5/12 at 3:17ampost #15098 of 640747/5/12 at 3:19amQuote:It's not un common with all open weave fabrics to be honest, but the shedding (not to be confused with pilling) wont last too long, a week or 2 at the most usually. It's mainly just caused by friction against a coat or skin etc, the combination of something soft and furry rubbing against something harder like a worsted wool. But it's not a sign of poor quality by any means. To answer your question my scarves will do a little also, I found it went away after about 4-5 wears.
P.s wine is now also sold outpost #15099 of 640747/5/12 at 3:24ampost #15100 of 640747/5/12 at 3:24ampost #15101 of 640747/5/12 at 3:25ampost #15102 of 640747/5/12 at 3:26amQuote:Originally Posted by tobiasj
Thought some of you might appreciate this glimpse of vintage fashion from England in the early 1940s:
The couple getting married are my grandparents. I particularly like my grandmother's rakish hat and my great-uncle's (second from left) trousers. Think he was a pretty stylish young guy at the time.
Brilliant, nice idea to have shared.post #15103 of 640747/5/12 at 3:42amFor anyone interested. This is a shot of a WW Chan unpadded shoulder (left), versus a PJ unpadded shoulder (right), that I just took on my iPad to share with a friend.
The lack of a top-stitch (and I imagine therefore a lapped seam) on the PJ coat is interesting to me. I don't believe it is a true shirt-sleeve shoulder. But it is still nice regardless. It suits my needs well given that I have very broad shoulders that need no further emphasis.
If you look carefully, you can see the top-stitch along the shoulder off the WW Chan coat. The way the shoulder just collapses on itself when not supported is glorious.post #15104 of 640747/5/12 at 3:46ampost #15105 of 640747/5/12 at 3:49amQuote:
ebay prices are ridiculous, imo. besides, i have a very low limit for used shoes.
i'm sure my bro's can. i've two hunters out there.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
Currently, there are 850 Active Users (127 Members and 723 Guests)
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 11 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 17 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 22 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 31 minutes ago
- › Definitive Exotic Hide Identification Thread: Post your Hippo,... 34 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 34 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 35 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 50 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 56 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 56 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...