Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1007post #15091 of 549357/5/12 at 12:14am^ indeed it is! Glad you both got yours send thanks also sliq. They have been selling very well the last few days. In the sale ones I only have 1 grey and 1 wine left and 3 charcoal and navy at full price. It'll take 3 weeks to re stock which is a bit long really, so thats it until march next year if anyone is holding off.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15092 of 549357/5/12 at 1:06ampost #15093 of 549357/5/12 at 1:55ampost #15094 of 549357/5/12 at 1:56ampost #15095 of 549357/5/12 at 2:30amQuote:
I actually got them from ebay - just a question of making sure the condition was good. I'm sure some of our American friends can pretty easily source you a pair if you like.post #15096 of 549357/5/12 at 2:30ampost #15097 of 549357/5/12 at 3:17ampost #15098 of 549357/5/12 at 3:19amQuote:It's not un common with all open weave fabrics to be honest, but the shedding (not to be confused with pilling) wont last too long, a week or 2 at the most usually. It's mainly just caused by friction against a coat or skin etc, the combination of something soft and furry rubbing against something harder like a worsted wool. But it's not a sign of poor quality by any means. To answer your question my scarves will do a little also, I found it went away after about 4-5 wears.
P.s wine is now also sold outpost #15099 of 549357/5/12 at 3:24ampost #15100 of 549357/5/12 at 3:24ampost #15101 of 549357/5/12 at 3:25ampost #15102 of 549357/5/12 at 3:26amQuote:Originally Posted by tobiasj
Thought some of you might appreciate this glimpse of vintage fashion from England in the early 1940s:
The couple getting married are my grandparents. I particularly like my grandmother's rakish hat and my great-uncle's (second from left) trousers. Think he was a pretty stylish young guy at the time.
Brilliant, nice idea to have shared.post #15103 of 549357/5/12 at 3:42amFor anyone interested. This is a shot of a WW Chan unpadded shoulder (left), versus a PJ unpadded shoulder (right), that I just took on my iPad to share with a friend.
The lack of a top-stitch (and I imagine therefore a lapped seam) on the PJ coat is interesting to me. I don't believe it is a true shirt-sleeve shoulder. But it is still nice regardless. It suits my needs well given that I have very broad shoulders that need no further emphasis.
If you look carefully, you can see the top-stitch along the shoulder off the WW Chan coat. The way the shoulder just collapses on itself when not supported is glorious.post #15104 of 549357/5/12 at 3:46ampost #15105 of 549357/5/12 at 3:49amQuote:
ebay prices are ridiculous, imo. besides, i have a very low limit for used shoes.
i'm sure my bro's can. i've two hunters out there.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1270 Active Users (248 Members and 1022 Guests)
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Weapons on Walls -- Cool or Creepy? 6 minutes ago
- › (((@!~FreeTv~!@!~>>>> West Ham Vs Liverpool live 8 minutes ago
- › (((@!~FreeTv~!@!~>>>> Swansea vs Southampton live 9 minutes ago
- › (((@!~FreeTv~!@!~>>>> Newcastle vs Hull live 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 10 minutes ago
- › Watch Bury V Burton Live Football Match Saturday 20-Sep-2014 10 minutes ago
- › (((@!~FreeTv~!@!~>>>> Burnley vs Sunderland live 11 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)