Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: Yesterday
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1007post #15091 of 679177/5/12 at 12:14am^ indeed it is! Glad you both got yours send thanks also sliq. They have been selling very well the last few days. In the sale ones I only have 1 grey and 1 wine left and 3 charcoal and navy at full price. It'll take 3 weeks to re stock which is a bit long really, so thats it until march next year if anyone is holding off.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15092 of 679177/5/12 at 1:06ampost #15093 of 679177/5/12 at 1:55ampost #15094 of 679177/5/12 at 1:56ampost #15095 of 679177/5/12 at 2:30amQuote:
I actually got them from ebay - just a question of making sure the condition was good. I'm sure some of our American friends can pretty easily source you a pair if you like.post #15096 of 679177/5/12 at 2:30ampost #15097 of 679177/5/12 at 3:17ampost #15098 of 679177/5/12 at 3:19amQuote:It's not un common with all open weave fabrics to be honest, but the shedding (not to be confused with pilling) wont last too long, a week or 2 at the most usually. It's mainly just caused by friction against a coat or skin etc, the combination of something soft and furry rubbing against something harder like a worsted wool. But it's not a sign of poor quality by any means. To answer your question my scarves will do a little also, I found it went away after about 4-5 wears.
P.s wine is now also sold outpost #15099 of 679177/5/12 at 3:24ampost #15100 of 679177/5/12 at 3:24ampost #15101 of 679177/5/12 at 3:25ampost #15102 of 679177/5/12 at 3:26amQuote:Originally Posted by tobiasj
Thought some of you might appreciate this glimpse of vintage fashion from England in the early 1940s:
The couple getting married are my grandparents. I particularly like my grandmother's rakish hat and my great-uncle's (second from left) trousers. Think he was a pretty stylish young guy at the time.
Brilliant, nice idea to have shared.post #15103 of 679177/5/12 at 3:42amFor anyone interested. This is a shot of a WW Chan unpadded shoulder (left), versus a PJ unpadded shoulder (right), that I just took on my iPad to share with a friend.
The lack of a top-stitch (and I imagine therefore a lapped seam) on the PJ coat is interesting to me. I don't believe it is a true shirt-sleeve shoulder. But it is still nice regardless. It suits my needs well given that I have very broad shoulders that need no further emphasis.
If you look carefully, you can see the top-stitch along the shoulder off the WW Chan coat. The way the shoulder just collapses on itself when not supported is glorious.post #15104 of 679177/5/12 at 3:46ampost #15105 of 679177/5/12 at 3:49amQuote:
ebay prices are ridiculous, imo. besides, i have a very low limit for used shoes.
i'm sure my bro's can. i've two hunters out there.
- Australian Members
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Currently, there are 977 Active Users (142 Members and 835 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fantastic Vass black crocodile wholecuts. Size 43.5 U last 8 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 11 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 12 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 16 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 19 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 21 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...