The Meermin's arrived. I'm pretty happy with them at this stage. They were stiff as anything on the way to work but very comfortable on the way home. I'll give them a few more wear before looking at choosing another pair.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 941post #14101 of 679466/7/12 at 3:09am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14102 of 679466/7/12 at 3:20ampost #14103 of 679466/7/12 at 3:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Guys just a quick one to let you know I'm not having much luck with deliveries this week. Firstly the members tie has been delayed a bit and won't be here until late next week now at this stage. I'm sure you'd all appreciate it's better to get it right than rush it though.
Also the knit ties I was expecting that were supposed to come with the shirts are also delayed, hoping to have them in the next few business days or mid next week at the latest for everyone that PM'd me who's waiting on them. Frustrating when it's all out of your control.
Thanks for your patience
The knit ties sound interesting and I look forward to seeing pics when they arrive.
Could you give an idea of the width of the knit ties, by any chance?post #14104 of 679466/7/12 at 4:14amQuote:Originally Posted by CHECKstar
What I was rocking today when I caught up with Melbourne's number one shoe aficionado* for a coffee:
*followed by Gerry in a close second!
Love the suit Checkstar- any details? I've been searching for a grey just like this one.post #14105 of 679466/7/12 at 4:19ampost #14106 of 679466/7/12 at 4:28ampost #14107 of 679466/7/12 at 4:34ampost #14108 of 679466/7/12 at 4:38ampost #14109 of 679466/7/12 at 4:53amQuote:
i have a new suit just received from Iris tailor in Singapore that needs repressing. Not very impressed with how they packed it.
blahman - did you try elite?
any other melb recommendations. I'm working in abbotsford and keen to get this sorted tomorrowpost #14110 of 679466/7/12 at 5:05ampost #14111 of 679466/7/12 at 5:38amQuote:
Yep - its a P Johnson in a Dugdale worsted.Quote:
I would have to agree with that statement. For me, there is a price point at which it makes sense to spend that extra bit above what you'd be paying on RTW for the custom fit, cloth, style and options. The price also imposes a certain degree of discipline for me to better plan (and save for) my wardrobe purchases rather then make impulse purchases that I too often regret.
That said, I have not turned my back completely on RTW, but it has to tick the right boxes as far as fitting into my 'wardrobe plan' and at a price that is worth giving up the customisation options of MTM (eg the cotton khaki Herringbone suit I posted here).post #14112 of 679466/7/12 at 6:11amQuote:Originally Posted by beersandwichQuote:
do you mean suits? would a country road suit be better than the zara ones?
Not much in the way of suits on sale. Tbh I wouldn't rate their suiting that highly, much better off looking elsewhere. Although they may be better suited to a CBD type environment than some of the more contemporary Zara options.post #14113 of 679466/7/12 at 1:39pmpost #14114 of 679466/7/12 at 4:02pmpost #14115 of 679466/7/12 at 4:03pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Currently, there are 1308 Active Users (295 Members and 1013 Guests)
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › Ordering custom Vibergs 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...