The Meermin's arrived. I'm pretty happy with them at this stage. They were stiff as anything on the way to work but very comfortable on the way home. I'll give them a few more wear before looking at choosing another pair.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 941post #14101 of 679466/7/12 at 3:09ampost #14102 of 679466/7/12 at 3:20ampost #14103 of 679466/7/12 at 3:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Guys just a quick one to let you know I'm not having much luck with deliveries this week. Firstly the members tie has been delayed a bit and won't be here until late next week now at this stage. I'm sure you'd all appreciate it's better to get it right than rush it though.
Also the knit ties I was expecting that were supposed to come with the shirts are also delayed, hoping to have them in the next few business days or mid next week at the latest for everyone that PM'd me who's waiting on them. Frustrating when it's all out of your control.
Thanks for your patience
The knit ties sound interesting and I look forward to seeing pics when they arrive.
Could you give an idea of the width of the knit ties, by any chance?post #14104 of 679466/7/12 at 4:14amQuote:Originally Posted by CHECKstar
What I was rocking today when I caught up with Melbourne's number one shoe aficionado* for a coffee:
*followed by Gerry in a close second!
Love the suit Checkstar- any details? I've been searching for a grey just like this one.post #14105 of 679466/7/12 at 4:19ampost #14106 of 679466/7/12 at 4:28ampost #14107 of 679466/7/12 at 4:34ampost #14108 of 679466/7/12 at 4:38ampost #14109 of 679466/7/12 at 4:53amQuote:
i have a new suit just received from Iris tailor in Singapore that needs repressing. Not very impressed with how they packed it.
blahman - did you try elite?
any other melb recommendations. I'm working in abbotsford and keen to get this sorted tomorrowpost #14110 of 679466/7/12 at 5:05ampost #14111 of 679466/7/12 at 5:38amQuote:
Yep - its a P Johnson in a Dugdale worsted.Quote:
I would have to agree with that statement. For me, there is a price point at which it makes sense to spend that extra bit above what you'd be paying on RTW for the custom fit, cloth, style and options. The price also imposes a certain degree of discipline for me to better plan (and save for) my wardrobe purchases rather then make impulse purchases that I too often regret.
That said, I have not turned my back completely on RTW, but it has to tick the right boxes as far as fitting into my 'wardrobe plan' and at a price that is worth giving up the customisation options of MTM (eg the cotton khaki Herringbone suit I posted here).post #14112 of 679466/7/12 at 6:11amQuote:Originally Posted by beersandwichQuote:
do you mean suits? would a country road suit be better than the zara ones?
Not much in the way of suits on sale. Tbh I wouldn't rate their suiting that highly, much better off looking elsewhere. Although they may be better suited to a CBD type environment than some of the more contemporary Zara options.post #14113 of 679466/7/12 at 1:39pmpost #14114 of 679466/7/12 at 4:02pmpost #14115 of 679466/7/12 at 4:03pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
Currently, there are 1564 Active Users (363 Members and 1201 Guests)
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 seconds ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 12 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Where to find a concave shoulder suit? 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Constructive ideas on improving the forum 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 4 minutes ago
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding