The Meermin's arrived. I'm pretty happy with them at this stage. They were stiff as anything on the way to work but very comfortable on the way home. I'll give them a few more wear before looking at choosing another pair.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 941post #14101 of 611716/7/12 at 3:09am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14102 of 611716/7/12 at 3:20ampost #14103 of 611716/7/12 at 3:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Guys just a quick one to let you know I'm not having much luck with deliveries this week. Firstly the members tie has been delayed a bit and won't be here until late next week now at this stage. I'm sure you'd all appreciate it's better to get it right than rush it though.
Also the knit ties I was expecting that were supposed to come with the shirts are also delayed, hoping to have them in the next few business days or mid next week at the latest for everyone that PM'd me who's waiting on them. Frustrating when it's all out of your control.
Thanks for your patience
The knit ties sound interesting and I look forward to seeing pics when they arrive.
Could you give an idea of the width of the knit ties, by any chance?post #14104 of 611716/7/12 at 4:14amQuote:Originally Posted by CHECKstar
What I was rocking today when I caught up with Melbourne's number one shoe aficionado* for a coffee:
*followed by Gerry in a close second!
Love the suit Checkstar- any details? I've been searching for a grey just like this one.post #14105 of 611716/7/12 at 4:19ampost #14106 of 611716/7/12 at 4:28ampost #14107 of 611716/7/12 at 4:34ampost #14108 of 611716/7/12 at 4:38ampost #14109 of 611716/7/12 at 4:53amQuote:
i have a new suit just received from Iris tailor in Singapore that needs repressing. Not very impressed with how they packed it.
blahman - did you try elite?
any other melb recommendations. I'm working in abbotsford and keen to get this sorted tomorrowpost #14110 of 611716/7/12 at 5:05ampost #14111 of 611716/7/12 at 5:38amQuote:
Yep - its a P Johnson in a Dugdale worsted.Quote:
I would have to agree with that statement. For me, there is a price point at which it makes sense to spend that extra bit above what you'd be paying on RTW for the custom fit, cloth, style and options. The price also imposes a certain degree of discipline for me to better plan (and save for) my wardrobe purchases rather then make impulse purchases that I too often regret.
That said, I have not turned my back completely on RTW, but it has to tick the right boxes as far as fitting into my 'wardrobe plan' and at a price that is worth giving up the customisation options of MTM (eg the cotton khaki Herringbone suit I posted here).post #14112 of 611716/7/12 at 6:11amQuote:Originally Posted by beersandwichQuote:
do you mean suits? would a country road suit be better than the zara ones?
Not much in the way of suits on sale. Tbh I wouldn't rate their suiting that highly, much better off looking elsewhere. Although they may be better suited to a CBD type environment than some of the more contemporary Zara options.post #14113 of 611716/7/12 at 1:39pmpost #14114 of 611716/7/12 at 4:02pmpost #14115 of 611716/7/12 at 4:03pm
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 991 Active Users (157 Members and 834 Guests)
- › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Confused with forest last 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 9 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 17 minutes ago
- › Vincero - Watches & Fine Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 20 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Fitters Leeds 23 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 24 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 24 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...