The Meermin's arrived. I'm pretty happy with them at this stage. They were stiff as anything on the way to work but very comfortable on the way home. I'll give them a few more wear before looking at choosing another pair.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 941post #14101 of 633946/7/12 at 3:09am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14102 of 633946/7/12 at 3:20ampost #14103 of 633946/7/12 at 3:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Guys just a quick one to let you know I'm not having much luck with deliveries this week. Firstly the members tie has been delayed a bit and won't be here until late next week now at this stage. I'm sure you'd all appreciate it's better to get it right than rush it though.
Also the knit ties I was expecting that were supposed to come with the shirts are also delayed, hoping to have them in the next few business days or mid next week at the latest for everyone that PM'd me who's waiting on them. Frustrating when it's all out of your control.
Thanks for your patience
The knit ties sound interesting and I look forward to seeing pics when they arrive.
Could you give an idea of the width of the knit ties, by any chance?post #14104 of 633946/7/12 at 4:14amQuote:Originally Posted by CHECKstar
What I was rocking today when I caught up with Melbourne's number one shoe aficionado* for a coffee:
*followed by Gerry in a close second!
Love the suit Checkstar- any details? I've been searching for a grey just like this one.post #14105 of 633946/7/12 at 4:19ampost #14106 of 633946/7/12 at 4:28ampost #14107 of 633946/7/12 at 4:34ampost #14108 of 633946/7/12 at 4:38ampost #14109 of 633946/7/12 at 4:53amQuote:
i have a new suit just received from Iris tailor in Singapore that needs repressing. Not very impressed with how they packed it.
blahman - did you try elite?
any other melb recommendations. I'm working in abbotsford and keen to get this sorted tomorrowpost #14110 of 633946/7/12 at 5:05ampost #14111 of 633946/7/12 at 5:38amQuote:
Yep - its a P Johnson in a Dugdale worsted.Quote:
I would have to agree with that statement. For me, there is a price point at which it makes sense to spend that extra bit above what you'd be paying on RTW for the custom fit, cloth, style and options. The price also imposes a certain degree of discipline for me to better plan (and save for) my wardrobe purchases rather then make impulse purchases that I too often regret.
That said, I have not turned my back completely on RTW, but it has to tick the right boxes as far as fitting into my 'wardrobe plan' and at a price that is worth giving up the customisation options of MTM (eg the cotton khaki Herringbone suit I posted here).post #14112 of 633946/7/12 at 6:11amQuote:Originally Posted by beersandwichQuote:
do you mean suits? would a country road suit be better than the zara ones?
Not much in the way of suits on sale. Tbh I wouldn't rate their suiting that highly, much better off looking elsewhere. Although they may be better suited to a CBD type environment than some of the more contemporary Zara options.post #14113 of 633946/7/12 at 1:39pmpost #14114 of 633946/7/12 at 4:02pmpost #14115 of 633946/7/12 at 4:03pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Currently, there are 1388 Active Users (319 Members and 1069 Guests)
- › Wedding tie with light/medium blue custom suit 6 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 32 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 minute ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › "The Rake" magazine 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...