or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 925

post #13861 of 48733
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliq View Post

good evening gents,

i have a pair of tassel loafers, which sadly, has lost one tassel.

apart from going to Men's Gallery or pulling one off my grandma's curtains, can anyone suggest where I can source a set?

shoes are Alan McAfee's, in tan.

based in Sydney.

cheers

sliq

You could go down to Crown St to the Perkel Brothers on the corner of Foveaux (?) bespoke makers. They have a treasure trove of leather
post #13862 of 48733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Take these, for example. They retail at USD710 and sell for USD497 - exactly what demographic are they aimed at? I would have thought Harrolds was not hip enough for the kids. Would their older customers really drop half a grand on a pair of these?

The thing is, there must be a market for them. These are nothing like relic'd guitars - at least I can understand the appeal of those things.

Makes a lot of sense that they are on ssense though. Their target market seem to be those fashion girly men who would wear their sisters jeans and pat themselves on the back thinking about how creative they are.
post #13863 of 48733

Ok, blahman, that makes sense then. Is that the kind of customer going into Harrolds as well?

 

IMG_4028.JPGIMG_4021.JPG

 

Coat: Drizabone Jacana

Suit: Benjamin Granoro

Tie: Hermes

Shirt: Rhodes and Beckett

Hanky (not shown): Kent Wang white linen

 

The last pair in my experiment to wear every pair of my shoes at least once: RM Williams Comfort Craftsman

 

The new camera didn't arrive in time for these shots.

post #13864 of 48733
467

448

263

Coat: Riviera
Shirt: CW
Tie: Henry Carter Neckwear Dark red grenadine 7 fold (coming August)
Trousers: Benjamin
Shoes: Carmina Burgundy derby
post #13865 of 48733
Guys email back from Italy overnight. Looks like I was right and should receive them late next week. Will keep everyone up to speed though.
post #13866 of 48733
^^ damn i love that Riviera sportscoat.

Wish they had more stock, I only have a boring gray one tongue.gif
post #13867 of 48733

love that red tie. oozes with understated flare.

post #13868 of 48733
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post


You could go down to Crown St to the Perkel Brothers on the corner of Foveaux (?) bespoke makers. They have a treasure trove of leather

cheers, will check them out.

post #13869 of 48733
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoli View Post

^^ damn i love that Riviera sportscoat.
 

 

+1 It looks great!

post #13870 of 48733
I can't find any proper business shirts that fit me well...I think it's time to go down that MTM road.......
post #13871 of 48733
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetminimal View Post

I can't find any proper business shirts that fit me well...I think it's time to go down that MTM road.......

I like Modern Tailor FWIW. And their trial shirts are so cheap there's really no reason not to try them...
post #13872 of 48733
just on the Craig Thompson curly collar syndrome, I wonder if it's to do with the bias of the fabric? I noticed one of my shirts doing it this morning before I put the collar bones in.
post #13873 of 48733
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyD View Post

just on the Craig Thompson curly collar syndrome, I wonder if it's to do with the bias of the fabric? I noticed one of my shirts doing it this morning before I put the collar bones in.

I think in Thompson's case his collars curl up every time he tells a lie.
post #13874 of 48733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Ok, blahman, that makes sense then. Is that the kind of customer going into Harrolds as well?

To be honest, I've never seen anyone inside Harrolds besides the SAs.
post #13875 of 48733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Take these, for example. They retail at USD710 and sell for USD497 - exactly what demographic are they aimed at? I would have thought Harrolds was not hip enough for the kids. Would their older customers really drop half a grand on a pair of these?

 

The thing is, there must be a market for them. These are nothing like relic'd guitars - at least I can understand the appeal of those things.

 

Gerry, I think they are aimed at a more fashion forward demographic. There must be a forum somewhere on the tint-a-net where people are talking about these shoes and skinny jeans. To be honest, from design perspective, I actually appreciate they have produced something unique, which is to be celebrated. 

 

However...quality should = price. This reminds me of a great song, Quality control by Jurassic 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgpDN-bARwc

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members