Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 919post #13771 of 634215/28/12 at 4:11pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13772 of 634215/28/12 at 4:12pmpost #13773 of 634215/28/12 at 4:19pmpost #13774 of 634215/28/12 at 4:44pmQuote:
As a person who prefers patterns being not more than textured solids and simple stripes, I think the tie and hankie are pretty gaudy especially against the background of a plain jacket and shirt. Then in the photo with your coat on showing the pinstripe lining and collar ribbing, it all works out nicely with alternating pattern and solids layering which brings balance.post #13775 of 634215/28/12 at 5:12pm
Yeah, blahman, I completely agree. They are pretty gaudy - I think pretty much the only gaudy items I have. I tend to go for the textured ties, subtle patterns and stripes 95% of the time but today I thought "Stuff it!"
Thanks for the kind words and comments, by the way. I always enjoy learning about why it all works.
My only regret with the coat is that it was only available in black when I got it. I never would have thought about wearing a waxed cotton coat over a suit jacket (this one is a biker's jacket, for crying out loud!)until i saw the pics in all the #menswear tumblrs and realised that it could work pretty well. This is the first time I'm wearing it out over a suit and it won't be the last.post #13776 of 634215/28/12 at 5:15pmpost #13777 of 634215/28/12 at 5:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Romp
OK took your advice .. got the oil free serum and also got the parsley seed cleanser and morccan shave stuff while I was at it
Just two days and already noticed a massive difference. Skin goes shiny by end of day compared to my previous moisturiser (i.e. it doesnt mattify) but feels nice and light
I tired the Moroccan Neroli Shaving Serum a few times but was unimpressed the shave creme I have been using for a while now is the Christopher Hanlon shave creme, very effective in terms of shaving and keeping you skin in shape.post #13778 of 634215/28/12 at 5:24pmQuote:
I don't rate the Moroccan Neroli Shaving Serum either. Ultimately, with skincare products, if you care enough, it's best to go consult someone who knows, particularly for those with problems, it may be beneficial to see a dermatologist.post #13779 of 634215/28/12 at 5:29pmI used to use Valetudo shaving oil from shaver shop because its 100% natural, fragrance free and supposedly can be used for moisturising as well (simply wipe off excess after shave, don't need to rinse away). But then I thought stuff it and now I just use King of Shaves sensitive from any old supermarket. Works well enough.post #13780 of 634215/28/12 at 6:50pmpost #13781 of 634215/28/12 at 7:30pmpost #13782 of 634215/28/12 at 8:43pmpost #13783 of 634215/28/12 at 8:56pmpost #13784 of 634215/28/12 at 9:02pmpost #13785 of 634215/28/12 at 9:06pmYah yah thanks all for your responses to my Oxford Cloth question. I needed a plain/formal white shirt for weddings, interviews, occasional work wear, and I was debating whether my preferred Oxford Cloth was appropriate (this is for a spread collar / no pocket or placket sort of configuration). In the end I decided Oxford Cloth would be fine.
- Australian Members
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 seconds ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 28 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › Wedding tie with light/medium blue custom suit 6 minutes ago
- › Best shoes with jeans and dress shirt?? 7 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 12 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 17 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 18 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...