Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 919post #13771 of 679465/28/12 at 4:11pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13772 of 679465/28/12 at 4:12pmpost #13773 of 679465/28/12 at 4:19pmpost #13774 of 679465/28/12 at 4:44pmQuote:
As a person who prefers patterns being not more than textured solids and simple stripes, I think the tie and hankie are pretty gaudy especially against the background of a plain jacket and shirt. Then in the photo with your coat on showing the pinstripe lining and collar ribbing, it all works out nicely with alternating pattern and solids layering which brings balance.post #13775 of 679465/28/12 at 5:12pm
Yeah, blahman, I completely agree. They are pretty gaudy - I think pretty much the only gaudy items I have. I tend to go for the textured ties, subtle patterns and stripes 95% of the time but today I thought "Stuff it!"
Thanks for the kind words and comments, by the way. I always enjoy learning about why it all works.
My only regret with the coat is that it was only available in black when I got it. I never would have thought about wearing a waxed cotton coat over a suit jacket (this one is a biker's jacket, for crying out loud!)until i saw the pics in all the #menswear tumblrs and realised that it could work pretty well. This is the first time I'm wearing it out over a suit and it won't be the last.post #13776 of 679465/28/12 at 5:15pmpost #13777 of 679465/28/12 at 5:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Romp
OK took your advice .. got the oil free serum and also got the parsley seed cleanser and morccan shave stuff while I was at it
Just two days and already noticed a massive difference. Skin goes shiny by end of day compared to my previous moisturiser (i.e. it doesnt mattify) but feels nice and light
I tired the Moroccan Neroli Shaving Serum a few times but was unimpressed the shave creme I have been using for a while now is the Christopher Hanlon shave creme, very effective in terms of shaving and keeping you skin in shape.post #13778 of 679465/28/12 at 5:24pmQuote:
I don't rate the Moroccan Neroli Shaving Serum either. Ultimately, with skincare products, if you care enough, it's best to go consult someone who knows, particularly for those with problems, it may be beneficial to see a dermatologist.post #13779 of 679465/28/12 at 5:29pmI used to use Valetudo shaving oil from shaver shop because its 100% natural, fragrance free and supposedly can be used for moisturising as well (simply wipe off excess after shave, don't need to rinse away). But then I thought stuff it and now I just use King of Shaves sensitive from any old supermarket. Works well enough.post #13780 of 679465/28/12 at 6:50pmpost #13781 of 679465/28/12 at 7:30pmpost #13782 of 679465/28/12 at 8:43pmpost #13783 of 679465/28/12 at 8:56pmLunchtime DJ stroll again (why do I always keep on going back there?). Saw some new (?) very interesting MJ Bale knit ties for sale.
Saw a few pointed end solids and delicious looking bi colour weaves (looks like a bit like coarser and less delicate version of the E.Zegna pattern).post #13784 of 679465/28/12 at 9:02pmpost #13785 of 679465/28/12 at 9:06pmYah yah thanks all for your responses to my Oxford Cloth question. I needed a plain/formal white shirt for weddings, interviews, occasional work wear, and I was debating whether my preferred Oxford Cloth was appropriate (this is for a spread collar / no pocket or placket sort of configuration). In the end I decided Oxford Cloth would be fine.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 2 minutes ago
- › Tailor in London for a classic navy three piece wedding suit 2 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 2 minutes ago
- › Andres Sendra apprecitation thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 12 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 14 minutes ago
- › I think I hate San Francisco. 17 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.