Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 895
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13412 of 533495/17/12 at 5:58ampost #13413 of 533495/17/12 at 6:25amQuote:
No idea how to use an [IMG]tag, any tips? No theres no add images that looks similar to the coloured square found in a normal post. There is only an add photos button that adds them to the slide show.
I don't, they're calf and they have channelled soles, so they are decent quality... I might do a little research... they have nice weight to them which i likepost #13414 of 533495/17/12 at 6:26ampost #13415 of 533495/17/12 at 2:14pmpost #13416 of 533495/17/12 at 2:26pmpost #13417 of 533495/17/12 at 3:39pm@ Gerry, try to hold the camera up a bit higher level with your face and point it down. It will make you look less chesty. Still jealous of those loafers, they would be perfect for what I have on today....
11th day of frost in a row here
Tie: Henry Carter Neckwear Cashmere knit (coming soon)
Trousers: HY VBC flannel
Shoes: Carminapost #13418 of 533495/17/12 at 3:51pmpost #13419 of 533495/17/12 at 4:32pmQuote:Online marketplace Etsy has turned to bricks and mortar with the opening this week of a showroom in Melbourne to increase awareness of the site ahead of further planned growth in Australia.
The announcement of the showroom comes as the Brooklyn-based American company embarks on a new phase of expansion after raising $40 million from investors last week.
Kirsteene Phelan, Etsy's Australian spokesperson, told SmartCompany opening the showroom was part of the online marketplace's push into Australia.
"Australia is one of Etsy's key markets, we are early adopters of anything online. We make great things and we are really confident with online shopping," says Phelan.
"Etsy is very different to other online shopping as it is all user generated and very community focused, this is an offline way of demonstrating that community.
"You can't actually buy from the showroom; it is display only. It is to encourage passers by and people who may not have experience of Etsy to engage with the site."
Phelan says the additional $40 million in funding, which comes from existing partners, means Etsy will be launching a lot of initiatives to develop its international markets.
"Etsy really wants to speak to people globally," she says.
In 2011 Etsy sold $15.2 million in gross merchandise sales in the Oceania region, which includes Australia and New Zealand, with 96% of the money going back to sellers.
Phelan says the Oceania sales make up 2.9% of the group's total sales and reflect a 73% year-on-year growth in the Oceania region, with 15 million international members.
The Melbourne showroom will also operate as Etsy's first office in the southern hemisphere according to Phelan.
"The room is in the Nicholas building in Melbourne's central business district and we will fill it every three months with a curated selection of sellers' work from around Australia," she says.
"It will be themed to reflect major initiatives at Etsy. At the moment that is our wedding registry and buying experience.
"We also have the ability to assist sellers with any queries they have about their shops."post #13420 of 533495/17/12 at 4:51pm
Jason, thanks, man! I'll do that going forward. Only this morning, it hit me how natural light seems to show the shoe details far better than any lighting I have at home even if I stand in the brightest areas. First shot and all the detail came through.
Pink Socks, thanks for the kind words.
I've bought a few things from Etsy and I really like it. I'm not sure what a bricks and mortar showroom will bring to the party that you can't get from viewing the site on your browser.
What am I missing?post #13421 of 533495/17/12 at 4:55pmQuote:
Etsy is very much about the handcrafting or artisan aspect, or if not as far as this, at least about smaller scale distribution of goods that are generally made by hand, or with some connection to humans, as opposed to the mass-market of eBay. So, for me, it might be about humanising the website a bit more. The more they continue to grow, the more risk there is of them becoming perceived not as a grassroots-style operation, a perception that, whether true or not, I think benefits traders on the site greatly.post #13422 of 533495/17/12 at 4:56pmpost #13423 of 533495/17/12 at 5:05pmpost #13424 of 533495/17/12 at 5:25pmGN
While I am saying kind things about your shoes, these looked great yesterday.
Source - http://christiankimber.tumblr.com/post/23220754508
Nice to see Christian (of Style Sage and Herringbone, Melbourne) is on Tumblr now. For those interested in shoes in particular it is well worth a look.
http://christiankimber.tumblr.com/post #13425 of 533495/17/12 at 5:43pm
Yes, he was really thrilled when I showed them to him yesterday. He's the one who taught me how to get that shine and I am forever grateful to him for that.
Those are the shoes I took back to Malaysia for my cousin's wedding and my father and cousins were dead impressed with the shine. I don't think they'd actually seen one like that in real life.
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › I Would Love To Have 50 Of... 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 16 minutes ago
- › Dressy sneakers, if such a thing exists 18 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)