Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 895post #13411 of 679465/17/12 at 5:58ampost #13412 of 679465/17/12 at 5:58ampost #13413 of 679465/17/12 at 6:25amQuote:
No idea how to use an [IMG]tag, any tips? No theres no add images that looks similar to the coloured square found in a normal post. There is only an add photos button that adds them to the slide show.
I don't, they're calf and they have channelled soles, so they are decent quality... I might do a little research... they have nice weight to them which i likepost #13414 of 679465/17/12 at 6:26ampost #13415 of 679465/17/12 at 2:14pmpost #13416 of 679465/17/12 at 2:26pmpost #13417 of 679465/17/12 at 3:39pm@ Gerry, try to hold the camera up a bit higher level with your face and point it down. It will make you look less chesty. Still jealous of those loafers, they would be perfect for what I have on today....
11th day of frost in a row here
Tie: Henry Carter Neckwear Cashmere knit (coming soon)
Trousers: HY VBC flannel
Shoes: Carminapost #13418 of 679465/17/12 at 3:51pmpost #13419 of 679465/17/12 at 4:32pmQuote:Online marketplace Etsy has turned to bricks and mortar with the opening this week of a showroom in Melbourne to increase awareness of the site ahead of further planned growth in Australia.
The announcement of the showroom comes as the Brooklyn-based American company embarks on a new phase of expansion after raising $40 million from investors last week.
Kirsteene Phelan, Etsy's Australian spokesperson, told SmartCompany opening the showroom was part of the online marketplace's push into Australia.
"Australia is one of Etsy's key markets, we are early adopters of anything online. We make great things and we are really confident with online shopping," says Phelan.
"Etsy is very different to other online shopping as it is all user generated and very community focused, this is an offline way of demonstrating that community.
"You can't actually buy from the showroom; it is display only. It is to encourage passers by and people who may not have experience of Etsy to engage with the site."
Phelan says the additional $40 million in funding, which comes from existing partners, means Etsy will be launching a lot of initiatives to develop its international markets.
"Etsy really wants to speak to people globally," she says.
In 2011 Etsy sold $15.2 million in gross merchandise sales in the Oceania region, which includes Australia and New Zealand, with 96% of the money going back to sellers.
Phelan says the Oceania sales make up 2.9% of the group's total sales and reflect a 73% year-on-year growth in the Oceania region, with 15 million international members.
The Melbourne showroom will also operate as Etsy's first office in the southern hemisphere according to Phelan.
"The room is in the Nicholas building in Melbourne's central business district and we will fill it every three months with a curated selection of sellers' work from around Australia," she says.
"It will be themed to reflect major initiatives at Etsy. At the moment that is our wedding registry and buying experience.
"We also have the ability to assist sellers with any queries they have about their shops."post #13420 of 679465/17/12 at 4:51pm
Jason, thanks, man! I'll do that going forward. Only this morning, it hit me how natural light seems to show the shoe details far better than any lighting I have at home even if I stand in the brightest areas. First shot and all the detail came through.
Pink Socks, thanks for the kind words.
I've bought a few things from Etsy and I really like it. I'm not sure what a bricks and mortar showroom will bring to the party that you can't get from viewing the site on your browser.
What am I missing?post #13421 of 679465/17/12 at 4:55pmQuote:
Etsy is very much about the handcrafting or artisan aspect, or if not as far as this, at least about smaller scale distribution of goods that are generally made by hand, or with some connection to humans, as opposed to the mass-market of eBay. So, for me, it might be about humanising the website a bit more. The more they continue to grow, the more risk there is of them becoming perceived not as a grassroots-style operation, a perception that, whether true or not, I think benefits traders on the site greatly.post #13422 of 679465/17/12 at 4:56pmpost #13423 of 679465/17/12 at 5:05pmpost #13424 of 679465/17/12 at 5:25pmGN
While I am saying kind things about your shoes, these looked great yesterday.
Source - http://christiankimber.tumblr.com/post/23220754508
Nice to see Christian (of Style Sage and Herringbone, Melbourne) is on Tumblr now. For those interested in shoes in particular it is well worth a look.
http://christiankimber.tumblr.com/post #13425 of 679465/17/12 at 5:43pm
Yes, he was really thrilled when I showed them to him yesterday. He's the one who taught me how to get that shine and I am forever grateful to him for that.
Those are the shoes I took back to Malaysia for my cousin's wedding and my father and cousins were dead impressed with the shine. I don't think they'd actually seen one like that in real life.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 6 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 12 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding