Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 895post #13411 of 640705/17/12 at 5:58am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13412 of 640705/17/12 at 5:58ampost #13413 of 640705/17/12 at 6:25amQuote:
No idea how to use an [IMG]tag, any tips? No theres no add images that looks similar to the coloured square found in a normal post. There is only an add photos button that adds them to the slide show.
I don't, they're calf and they have channelled soles, so they are decent quality... I might do a little research... they have nice weight to them which i likepost #13414 of 640705/17/12 at 6:26ampost #13415 of 640705/17/12 at 2:14pmpost #13416 of 640705/17/12 at 2:26pmpost #13417 of 640705/17/12 at 3:39pm@ Gerry, try to hold the camera up a bit higher level with your face and point it down. It will make you look less chesty. Still jealous of those loafers, they would be perfect for what I have on today....
11th day of frost in a row here
Tie: Henry Carter Neckwear Cashmere knit (coming soon)
Trousers: HY VBC flannel
Shoes: Carminapost #13418 of 640705/17/12 at 3:51pmpost #13419 of 640705/17/12 at 4:32pmQuote:Online marketplace Etsy has turned to bricks and mortar with the opening this week of a showroom in Melbourne to increase awareness of the site ahead of further planned growth in Australia.
The announcement of the showroom comes as the Brooklyn-based American company embarks on a new phase of expansion after raising $40 million from investors last week.
Kirsteene Phelan, Etsy's Australian spokesperson, told SmartCompany opening the showroom was part of the online marketplace's push into Australia.
"Australia is one of Etsy's key markets, we are early adopters of anything online. We make great things and we are really confident with online shopping," says Phelan.
"Etsy is very different to other online shopping as it is all user generated and very community focused, this is an offline way of demonstrating that community.
"You can't actually buy from the showroom; it is display only. It is to encourage passers by and people who may not have experience of Etsy to engage with the site."
Phelan says the additional $40 million in funding, which comes from existing partners, means Etsy will be launching a lot of initiatives to develop its international markets.
"Etsy really wants to speak to people globally," she says.
In 2011 Etsy sold $15.2 million in gross merchandise sales in the Oceania region, which includes Australia and New Zealand, with 96% of the money going back to sellers.
Phelan says the Oceania sales make up 2.9% of the group's total sales and reflect a 73% year-on-year growth in the Oceania region, with 15 million international members.
The Melbourne showroom will also operate as Etsy's first office in the southern hemisphere according to Phelan.
"The room is in the Nicholas building in Melbourne's central business district and we will fill it every three months with a curated selection of sellers' work from around Australia," she says.
"It will be themed to reflect major initiatives at Etsy. At the moment that is our wedding registry and buying experience.
"We also have the ability to assist sellers with any queries they have about their shops."post #13420 of 640705/17/12 at 4:51pm
Jason, thanks, man! I'll do that going forward. Only this morning, it hit me how natural light seems to show the shoe details far better than any lighting I have at home even if I stand in the brightest areas. First shot and all the detail came through.
Pink Socks, thanks for the kind words.
I've bought a few things from Etsy and I really like it. I'm not sure what a bricks and mortar showroom will bring to the party that you can't get from viewing the site on your browser.
What am I missing?post #13421 of 640705/17/12 at 4:55pmQuote:
Etsy is very much about the handcrafting or artisan aspect, or if not as far as this, at least about smaller scale distribution of goods that are generally made by hand, or with some connection to humans, as opposed to the mass-market of eBay. So, for me, it might be about humanising the website a bit more. The more they continue to grow, the more risk there is of them becoming perceived not as a grassroots-style operation, a perception that, whether true or not, I think benefits traders on the site greatly.post #13422 of 640705/17/12 at 4:56pmpost #13423 of 640705/17/12 at 5:05pmpost #13424 of 640705/17/12 at 5:25pmGN
While I am saying kind things about your shoes, these looked great yesterday.
Source - http://christiankimber.tumblr.com/post/23220754508
Nice to see Christian (of Style Sage and Herringbone, Melbourne) is on Tumblr now. For those interested in shoes in particular it is well worth a look.
http://christiankimber.tumblr.com/post #13425 of 640705/17/12 at 5:43pm
Yes, he was really thrilled when I showed them to him yesterday. He's the one who taught me how to get that shine and I am forever grateful to him for that.
Those are the shoes I took back to Malaysia for my cousin's wedding and my father and cousins were dead impressed with the shine. I don't think they'd actually seen one like that in real life.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › The Architecture Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › plain biscuits suck. 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 10 minutes ago
- › The Official VINTAGE T SHIRT KNOWLEDGE THREAD. 11 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 17 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 19 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 19 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 23 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 31 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...