Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Australian Members - Page 890post #13336 of 679465/16/12 at 3:41ampost #13337 of 679465/16/12 at 4:05amMy latest acquisition. Crockett & Jones Westfields in dark brown.
Great service from Christian at Herringbone. Not only did he give the shoes a polish before I picked them up, but he also gave my current shoes a polish while I was there. You don't get that on the internet.post #13338 of 679465/16/12 at 4:08ampost #13339 of 679465/16/12 at 4:49ampost #13340 of 679465/16/12 at 4:54amHi Guys,
I usually look at the streetwear and denim thread as i've been a student for the past three years and have had no real need for the kind of stuff discussed most on the MC forum. But, i've just started a new office job and all i've really got is my old work clothes from when I cared a lot less about clothing. I'm not really in need of a suit just yet, i'm all sorted for decent shoes (will be wearing Alden and Florsheim longwings most of the time) and my shirts are just passable. What i'm in desperate need of is some nice slim cut trousers so I don't feel like such a derp in the crappy baggy looking ones from Myer I got a few years ago. So any recommendations for brands I can get in or around Melbourne in the $80-$130 range would be very much appreciated. I usually buy my clothes online, but I feel like I should try these on as i'm far less familiar with this kind of clothing and the terminology mentioned online.
Thanks in advance.post #13341 of 679465/16/12 at 5:57amJust stumbled upon a review on R&B on site called Yelp. Posted for shits n giggles:Quote:I am so sick of these high end, upmarket boutiques with their bullshit marketing propaganda. Rhodes and Beckett spruik the fact their range of corporate wear for men and women is designed using the finest Egyptian cotton. Well you know what, who really cares if the shit is ugly and costs half a deposit on a mortgage? It's bullshit and I won't stand for it.
Oh, the models in their promotional material, both and men and women look superfly. Women in power suits and flattering shirts that are shaped just lovely, and the men, well lets just say no man has ever looked like that in any office I've ever worked in!
Women's business shirts, are in all honestly, hideous. Blue and white stripes, manly looking shapes and at over $100 a pop, laughable - if they weren't trying to be serious. The only alternative is a musty, pinkish red colour - which of course also comes in the same, stripy ugly style. I must admit I didn't mind a couple of the women's suits, but at $500, GET OVER YOURSELVES!!
The online shopping revolution means we normal folk no longer have to suffer in second rate discount store office wear. We can look just as good, if not better than the shit here, for a quarter of the price.
And who cares if its not Egyptian cotton? In this day and age of fast fashion and trends changing almost seasonally, who needs an ugly Egyptian shirt for $160 that'll last ten years anyway?
Was this review …?
Coolpost #13342 of 679465/16/12 at 6:35amOk tried on the suitsupply polos.
15.5inch neck "extra slim" would fit somewhere slightly looser than a medium "custom fit" PRL polo and not disimilar to some of my old Boggi long sleeve polos. The full cutaway colour is nicer imo than the kent wang polo collar as its stiffer and sits up even better.
Overall quality id say a bit better than kent wang, fabric is thicker but finishing is still better on a RL polo.post #13343 of 679465/16/12 at 7:37ampost #13344 of 679465/16/12 at 3:21pmpost #13345 of 679465/16/12 at 3:37pmpost #13346 of 679465/16/12 at 3:49pm
Nice knit, Jason!
I thought some of the comments after the article were spot on:post #13347 of 679465/16/12 at 4:13pmSorry if its already mentioned, but..
M.J.Bale Menswear Sale
Up To 70% Off
The Birkenhead Blitz menswear sale, up to 70% off M.J.Bale.
Suits from $350, shirts from $40, trousers from $100 & ties from $30.
WHEN Thu 17th May - Sun 20th May, 2012.
WHERE M.J. BALE BIRKENHEAD POINT
Shop 65, Level 2,
Birkenhead Point Outlet Centre
02 9819 7899post #13348 of 679465/16/12 at 4:22pmpost #13349 of 679465/16/12 at 4:27pmQuote:
where is Luisa's? Never heard of it.
and what Church's do they have? I've got some Custom Grade single monks that I got in Paris, which I made the mistake of buying at the end of the day after walking around for 6 hours, so they're 1 size too wide.
I still wear them (they cost me about 550 euro.....), but the fit's not ideal....post #13350 of 679465/16/12 at 4:34pmQuote:
This is the button down roll, but it still only works open necked really. With a tie certainly doesn't have the same look as say a nice brooks brothers button down. I have spoken with them in the past about doing a softer un-lined collar, which they can do, but to be honest I probably won't order anymore cottonwork shirts to find out as I'm in the process of adding shirts to the Henry Carter range for around July/August release.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
Currently, there are 1451 Active Users (308 Members and 1143 Guests)
- › BRAND NEW SPECIAL ORDER TWO PIECE VERSACE SUIT 3 seconds ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 16 seconds ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Video Games 4 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 5 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 6 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 8 minutes ago
- › Sartoria Partenopea 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...