Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 890post #13336 of 641245/16/12 at 3:41am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13337 of 641245/16/12 at 4:05ampost #13338 of 641245/16/12 at 4:08ampost #13339 of 641245/16/12 at 4:49ampost #13340 of 641245/16/12 at 4:54amHi Guys,
I usually look at the streetwear and denim thread as i've been a student for the past three years and have had no real need for the kind of stuff discussed most on the MC forum. But, i've just started a new office job and all i've really got is my old work clothes from when I cared a lot less about clothing. I'm not really in need of a suit just yet, i'm all sorted for decent shoes (will be wearing Alden and Florsheim longwings most of the time) and my shirts are just passable. What i'm in desperate need of is some nice slim cut trousers so I don't feel like such a derp in the crappy baggy looking ones from Myer I got a few years ago. So any recommendations for brands I can get in or around Melbourne in the $80-$130 range would be very much appreciated. I usually buy my clothes online, but I feel like I should try these on as i'm far less familiar with this kind of clothing and the terminology mentioned online.
Thanks in advance.post #13341 of 641245/16/12 at 5:57amJust stumbled upon a review on R&B on site called Yelp. Posted for shits n giggles:Quote:I am so sick of these high end, upmarket boutiques with their bullshit marketing propaganda. Rhodes and Beckett spruik the fact their range of corporate wear for men and women is designed using the finest Egyptian cotton. Well you know what, who really cares if the shit is ugly and costs half a deposit on a mortgage? It's bullshit and I won't stand for it.
Oh, the models in their promotional material, both and men and women look superfly. Women in power suits and flattering shirts that are shaped just lovely, and the men, well lets just say no man has ever looked like that in any office I've ever worked in!
Women's business shirts, are in all honestly, hideous. Blue and white stripes, manly looking shapes and at over $100 a pop, laughable - if they weren't trying to be serious. The only alternative is a musty, pinkish red colour - which of course also comes in the same, stripy ugly style. I must admit I didn't mind a couple of the women's suits, but at $500, GET OVER YOURSELVES!!
The online shopping revolution means we normal folk no longer have to suffer in second rate discount store office wear. We can look just as good, if not better than the shit here, for a quarter of the price.
And who cares if its not Egyptian cotton? In this day and age of fast fashion and trends changing almost seasonally, who needs an ugly Egyptian shirt for $160 that'll last ten years anyway?
Was this review …?
Coolpost #13342 of 641245/16/12 at 6:35amOk tried on the suitsupply polos.
15.5inch neck "extra slim" would fit somewhere slightly looser than a medium "custom fit" PRL polo and not disimilar to some of my old Boggi long sleeve polos. The full cutaway colour is nicer imo than the kent wang polo collar as its stiffer and sits up even better.
Overall quality id say a bit better than kent wang, fabric is thicker but finishing is still better on a RL polo.post #13343 of 641245/16/12 at 7:37ampost #13344 of 641245/16/12 at 3:21pmpost #13345 of 641245/16/12 at 3:37pmpost #13346 of 641245/16/12 at 3:49pm
Nice knit, Jason!
I thought some of the comments after the article were spot on:post #13347 of 641245/16/12 at 4:13pmSorry if its already mentioned, but..
M.J.Bale Menswear Sale
Up To 70% Off
The Birkenhead Blitz menswear sale, up to 70% off M.J.Bale.
Suits from $350, shirts from $40, trousers from $100 & ties from $30.
WHEN Thu 17th May - Sun 20th May, 2012.
WHERE M.J. BALE BIRKENHEAD POINT
Shop 65, Level 2,
Birkenhead Point Outlet Centre
02 9819 7899post #13348 of 641245/16/12 at 4:22pmpost #13349 of 641245/16/12 at 4:27pmQuote:
where is Luisa's? Never heard of it.
and what Church's do they have? I've got some Custom Grade single monks that I got in Paris, which I made the mistake of buying at the end of the day after walking around for 6 hours, so they're 1 size too wide.
I still wear them (they cost me about 550 euro.....), but the fit's not ideal....post #13350 of 641245/16/12 at 4:34pmQuote:
This is the button down roll, but it still only works open necked really. With a tie certainly doesn't have the same look as say a nice brooks brothers button down. I have spoken with them in the past about doing a softer un-lined collar, which they can do, but to be honest I probably won't order anymore cottonwork shirts to find out as I'm in the process of adding shirts to the Henry Carter range for around July/August release.
- Australian Members
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
Currently, there are 1247 Active Users (230 Members and 1017 Guests)
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina GMTO 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 19 minutes ago
- › NWT CANAL KEI TOPCOAT 42/52R ANGORA BLEND GREY "WINTER IS COMING" 21 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...