Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 890post #13336 of 580035/16/12 at 3:41am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13337 of 580035/16/12 at 4:05ampost #13338 of 580035/16/12 at 4:08ampost #13339 of 580035/16/12 at 4:49ampost #13340 of 580035/16/12 at 4:54amHi Guys,
I usually look at the streetwear and denim thread as i've been a student for the past three years and have had no real need for the kind of stuff discussed most on the MC forum. But, i've just started a new office job and all i've really got is my old work clothes from when I cared a lot less about clothing. I'm not really in need of a suit just yet, i'm all sorted for decent shoes (will be wearing Alden and Florsheim longwings most of the time) and my shirts are just passable. What i'm in desperate need of is some nice slim cut trousers so I don't feel like such a derp in the crappy baggy looking ones from Myer I got a few years ago. So any recommendations for brands I can get in or around Melbourne in the $80-$130 range would be very much appreciated. I usually buy my clothes online, but I feel like I should try these on as i'm far less familiar with this kind of clothing and the terminology mentioned online.
Thanks in advance.post #13341 of 580035/16/12 at 5:57amJust stumbled upon a review on R&B on site called Yelp. Posted for shits n giggles:Quote:I am so sick of these high end, upmarket boutiques with their bullshit marketing propaganda. Rhodes and Beckett spruik the fact their range of corporate wear for men and women is designed using the finest Egyptian cotton. Well you know what, who really cares if the shit is ugly and costs half a deposit on a mortgage? It's bullshit and I won't stand for it.
Oh, the models in their promotional material, both and men and women look superfly. Women in power suits and flattering shirts that are shaped just lovely, and the men, well lets just say no man has ever looked like that in any office I've ever worked in!
Women's business shirts, are in all honestly, hideous. Blue and white stripes, manly looking shapes and at over $100 a pop, laughable - if they weren't trying to be serious. The only alternative is a musty, pinkish red colour - which of course also comes in the same, stripy ugly style. I must admit I didn't mind a couple of the women's suits, but at $500, GET OVER YOURSELVES!!
The online shopping revolution means we normal folk no longer have to suffer in second rate discount store office wear. We can look just as good, if not better than the shit here, for a quarter of the price.
And who cares if its not Egyptian cotton? In this day and age of fast fashion and trends changing almost seasonally, who needs an ugly Egyptian shirt for $160 that'll last ten years anyway?
Was this review …?
Coolpost #13342 of 580035/16/12 at 6:35amOk tried on the suitsupply polos.
15.5inch neck "extra slim" would fit somewhere slightly looser than a medium "custom fit" PRL polo and not disimilar to some of my old Boggi long sleeve polos. The full cutaway colour is nicer imo than the kent wang polo collar as its stiffer and sits up even better.
Overall quality id say a bit better than kent wang, fabric is thicker but finishing is still better on a RL polo.post #13343 of 580035/16/12 at 7:37ampost #13344 of 580035/16/12 at 3:21pmpost #13345 of 580035/16/12 at 3:37pmpost #13346 of 580035/16/12 at 3:49pm
Nice knit, Jason!
I thought some of the comments after the article were spot on:post #13347 of 580035/16/12 at 4:13pmSorry if its already mentioned, but..
M.J.Bale Menswear Sale
Up To 70% Off
The Birkenhead Blitz menswear sale, up to 70% off M.J.Bale.
Suits from $350, shirts from $40, trousers from $100 & ties from $30.
WHEN Thu 17th May - Sun 20th May, 2012.
WHERE M.J. BALE BIRKENHEAD POINT
Shop 65, Level 2,
Birkenhead Point Outlet Centre
02 9819 7899post #13348 of 580035/16/12 at 4:22pmpost #13349 of 580035/16/12 at 4:27pmQuote:
where is Luisa's? Never heard of it.
and what Church's do they have? I've got some Custom Grade single monks that I got in Paris, which I made the mistake of buying at the end of the day after walking around for 6 hours, so they're 1 size too wide.
I still wear them (they cost me about 550 euro.....), but the fit's not ideal....post #13350 of 580035/16/12 at 4:34pmQuote:
This is the button down roll, but it still only works open necked really. With a tie certainly doesn't have the same look as say a nice brooks brothers button down. I have spoken with them in the past about doing a softer un-lined collar, which they can do, but to be honest I probably won't order anymore cottonwork shirts to find out as I'm in the process of adding shirts to the Henry Carter range for around July/August release.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1571 Active Users (333 Members and 1238 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 50 seconds ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 minutes ago
- › BNIB GUIDI BLACK SOFT HORSE LEATHER PLATFORM CHELSEA BOOTS sz 39,1399$ 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 12 minutes ago
- › Tie Loafers and Jay Butler Shoes 16 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 17 minutes ago
- › CHRISTOPHE LEMAIRE FW2014 18 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...