Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 805post #12061 of 679464/15/12 at 4:23pmpost #12062 of 679464/15/12 at 4:52pmpost #12063 of 679464/15/12 at 5:02pmMrs Peel...we're needed.
http://linenforsummertweedforwinter.tumblr.com/post/21180131643/mrs-peelpost #12064 of 679464/15/12 at 5:17pmpost #12065 of 679464/15/12 at 5:18pm[quote name="fxh" url="/t/88856/australian-members/12045#post_5365140"
What little I saw of THE SLAP seem to be getting to use clothing , and drinks, food, houses as a class or hierarchy marker in the program. At that stage I was more concerned with the narrative and character development . I'd need to see it through to get my eye in.
So I'm looking forward to "reading" the DVD of the SLAP for clothing signals, signifiers, signs and flags.[/quote]
Your right about the clothing, ect it clealy signified a bunch of dysfunctional middle class Melbourne yobos with no taste or class.
That said the productiion values were the best I have seen on Australian TV pity the only emotive response the characters evoked in me was one of loathing.post #12066 of 679464/15/12 at 5:19pmQuote:
I tried to read American Psycho a few weeks ago, to see what the hype was all about (20 years ago). I got about a quarter of the way in before giving up on it as a waste of time (and the first scene where he hurts the dog really pissed me off), but the clothes narratives are more over the top than the most descriptive thread on SF.post #12067 of 679464/15/12 at 5:23pmpost #12068 of 679464/15/12 at 5:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Prof. B. Bear
This SC from Herringbone is getting no love on Ebay. What do you guys think?
I grabbed one for $199 from Surry Hills warehouse a while ago. So far so good, fits me great and very comfortable.
They only made shorts in the matching fabric for some reason, I wished that they had matching pants...post #12069 of 679464/15/12 at 5:37pmpost #12070 of 679464/15/12 at 5:52pm
That dinner suit is absolutely beautiful. Saw it in James Sherwood's 'The Men's Style of Savile Row' and have been lusting after a velvet dinner suit ever since.
PJohnson also seem more than capable of producing the goods.Quote:Originally Posted by Pink Socks
appolyon, maybe an outfit for your next night out? - http://linenforsummertweedforwinter.tumblr.com/post/15000816538/voxsart-velvet-anderson-sheppard-celestialpost #12071 of 679464/15/12 at 5:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by MickyD
I tried to read American Psycho a few weeks ago, to see what the hype was all about (20 years ago). I got about a quarter of the way in before giving up on it as a waste of time (and the first scene where he hurts the dog really pissed me off), but the clothes narratives are more over the top than the most descriptive thread on SF.
Reading books where animals or small childern are deliberately hurt really makes my blood boil.
I did see the movie though and it wasn't bad.post #12072 of 679464/15/12 at 6:19pmQuote:
Oh, but Gerry, it's art, don't you get it?
Actually, I enjoyed reading American Psycho. Isn't there a part where Bateman does boil blood? Oh wait, no he eats brains. My bad..
It's just a cry from megalomaniacal Bret Easton Ellis for attention.post #12073 of 679464/15/12 at 7:06pm
Picked up one of these in a 38R ...will let you guys know how I go.
Has anyone here bought anything from http://www.poplinpanache.com.au ?Quote:Originally Posted by Prof. B. Bear
This SC from Herringbone is getting no love on Ebay. What do you guys think?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Herringbone-Clyfford-Prince-Wales-Jacket-/130619227572?var=&_trksid=p2045937#ht_500wt_1202post #12074 of 679464/15/12 at 7:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pink Socks
Am finally reading The Bonfire of the Vanities which definately does not just assume clothes but goes into some heavy detail. But with an author like Tom Wolfe what would you expect (for those who do not know him and his white suits - google a few images). American Pyscho by Bret Easton Ellis is another novel with full on clothing details but that is very much a part of the character (actually Patrick Bateman would properly be a SFer).
Gay Talese; another author committed to fine clothing.
'Putting on a beautifully designed suit elevates my spirit, extols my sense of self, and helps define me as a man to whom details matter. Well-tailored clothing is a celebration of precision. When I'm wearing one of my custom suits, I'm in harmony with my highest ideals, my worship of great workmanship. In this period of globalization and outsourcing, of voicemail vacuousness and shopping on the Internet, there are few things more gratifying to me than standing in a clothing shop getting a second or third fitting from a tailor who is personally and pridefully engaged in what he's doing.'
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2007/08/talese200708post #12075 of 679464/15/12 at 7:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by appolyon
Has anyone here bought anything from http://www.poplinpanache.com.au ?
The fit on the models look terribad, but the pricing seems okay. More interested in the knit ties than the shirts, to be honest.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Vass High boot - Antique cognac calf and medium brown suede F last... 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 6 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 6 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 12 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding