Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 805post #12061 of 679004/15/12 at 4:23pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12062 of 679004/15/12 at 4:52pmpost #12063 of 679004/15/12 at 5:02pmpost #12064 of 679004/15/12 at 5:17pmpost #12065 of 679004/15/12 at 5:18pm[quote name="fxh" url="/t/88856/australian-members/12045#post_5365140"
What little I saw of THE SLAP seem to be getting to use clothing , and drinks, food, houses as a class or hierarchy marker in the program. At that stage I was more concerned with the narrative and character development . I'd need to see it through to get my eye in.
So I'm looking forward to "reading" the DVD of the SLAP for clothing signals, signifiers, signs and flags.[/quote]
Your right about the clothing, ect it clealy signified a bunch of dysfunctional middle class Melbourne yobos with no taste or class.
That said the productiion values were the best I have seen on Australian TV pity the only emotive response the characters evoked in me was one of loathing.post #12066 of 679004/15/12 at 5:19pmQuote:
I tried to read American Psycho a few weeks ago, to see what the hype was all about (20 years ago). I got about a quarter of the way in before giving up on it as a waste of time (and the first scene where he hurts the dog really pissed me off), but the clothes narratives are more over the top than the most descriptive thread on SF.post #12067 of 679004/15/12 at 5:23pmpost #12068 of 679004/15/12 at 5:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Prof. B. Bear
This SC from Herringbone is getting no love on Ebay. What do you guys think?
I grabbed one for $199 from Surry Hills warehouse a while ago. So far so good, fits me great and very comfortable.
They only made shorts in the matching fabric for some reason, I wished that they had matching pants...post #12069 of 679004/15/12 at 5:37pmpost #12070 of 679004/15/12 at 5:52pm
That dinner suit is absolutely beautiful. Saw it in James Sherwood's 'The Men's Style of Savile Row' and have been lusting after a velvet dinner suit ever since.
PJohnson also seem more than capable of producing the goods.Quote:Originally Posted by Pink Socks
appolyon, maybe an outfit for your next night out? - http://linenforsummertweedforwinter.tumblr.com/post/15000816538/voxsart-velvet-anderson-sheppard-celestialpost #12071 of 679004/15/12 at 5:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by MickyD
I tried to read American Psycho a few weeks ago, to see what the hype was all about (20 years ago). I got about a quarter of the way in before giving up on it as a waste of time (and the first scene where he hurts the dog really pissed me off), but the clothes narratives are more over the top than the most descriptive thread on SF.
Reading books where animals or small childern are deliberately hurt really makes my blood boil.
I did see the movie though and it wasn't bad.post #12072 of 679004/15/12 at 6:19pmQuote:
Oh, but Gerry, it's art, don't you get it?
Actually, I enjoyed reading American Psycho. Isn't there a part where Bateman does boil blood? Oh wait, no he eats brains. My bad..
It's just a cry from megalomaniacal Bret Easton Ellis for attention.post #12073 of 679004/15/12 at 7:06pm
Picked up one of these in a 38R ...will let you guys know how I go.
Has anyone here bought anything from http://www.poplinpanache.com.au ?Quote:Originally Posted by Prof. B. Bear
This SC from Herringbone is getting no love on Ebay. What do you guys think?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Herringbone-Clyfford-Prince-Wales-Jacket-/130619227572?var=&_trksid=p2045937#ht_500wt_1202post #12074 of 679004/15/12 at 7:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pink Socks
Am finally reading The Bonfire of the Vanities which definately does not just assume clothes but goes into some heavy detail. But with an author like Tom Wolfe what would you expect (for those who do not know him and his white suits - google a few images). American Pyscho by Bret Easton Ellis is another novel with full on clothing details but that is very much a part of the character (actually Patrick Bateman would properly be a SFer).
Gay Talese; another author committed to fine clothing.
'Putting on a beautifully designed suit elevates my spirit, extols my sense of self, and helps define me as a man to whom details matter. Well-tailored clothing is a celebration of precision. When I'm wearing one of my custom suits, I'm in harmony with my highest ideals, my worship of great workmanship. In this period of globalization and outsourcing, of voicemail vacuousness and shopping on the Internet, there are few things more gratifying to me than standing in a clothing shop getting a second or third fitting from a tailor who is personally and pridefully engaged in what he's doing.'
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2007/08/talese200708post #12075 of 679004/15/12 at 7:16pm
- Australian Members
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 21 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 43 seconds ago
- › Smoking Jacket, Dinner Jacket question 3 minutes ago
- › feragamo used white loafers (buying Decision) 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 7 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 7 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...