Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 768post #11506 of 679463/29/12 at 9:41pmLooks great mate. I think with the pulling you could do with having the waist let out very slightly, like 1-2cm. Still keeping shape but giving you a little more room. But I know this is the way Patrick makes coats. Still lovely though.post #11507 of 679463/29/12 at 10:22pmpost #11508 of 679463/29/12 at 10:28pmpost #11509 of 679463/29/12 at 10:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist
Just saw Patrick Johnson this morning to pick up my casual suit.
Don't know what's going on with the crease on the right side; as you can see from Pic 3
Great suit, congrats. My observations is that the P Johnson house style is to have the top button on a SB tighter than might ordinarily be recommend, it's exacerbated of course when one loads their pockets with wallet/blackberry. Notwithstanding, the jacket should 'settle down' with a few wears.
post #11510 of 679463/30/12 at 4:13am
Quick note to thank those of you who provided the heads up about the David Jones sale. Picked up a couple of nice Thomas Pink shirts and socks. Had a look through the knitwear on the floor, nothing special at all. Icebreaker was limited to 3 pieces, Hackett had a few ok jumpers, but, nothing special - perhaps only standout was Duchamp maybe. Shoes....geesh I dont know how to describe what is going on there!!. Anyway, was good scrounging through all the gear they have. Has been a few weeks. MJ Bale has certainly made an appearance. Other observation - all those ugly skinny ties, Burberry, ZZegna and all the others are being cleared out. No grenadines to be found, think I check out the Navy Grenadine on Henry Carter, looks very nice.post #11511 of 679463/30/12 at 4:22am^ The Zegna section at DJ's in Melbourne has some horrendous customer service. I went in there 3 different days last week trying to BUY a discounted DB ZZegna but no one was around. The first time the guy was on a personal call at the back, I could hear everything he was saying. Waited 10 minutes before going to the lower end counters near Joe Black and was told only Zegna people can put through the sale. Put it back and went the next day. Literally one sales assistant on the whole floor (Anthony Squires). Said the same thing. The last day I tried the entire thing on, with a shirt and tie and walked around looking for someone to pin the hem. The girl in the ZZegna section literally walked passed me about 4 times to go in the back.
Left it on the floor of the change room I was so disgusted. And I used to work for DJ's. There's no use complaining to them because I know for a fact they don't give a fuck.
Edited by Prof. B. Bear - 3/30/12 at 7:15ampost #11512 of 679463/30/12 at 4:56ampost #11513 of 679463/30/12 at 5:59amQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's WardrobeQuote:
No worries and completely understand. I'm happy to order some for stock as well just need some interest in people buying as well so I dont end up with too much dead stock (with no obligation to buy of course). I'll note yours down and do a heads up next time I'm placing an order and gauge what people want. Would you say that fairly conservative colours would be what you'd be interested in most (navy/grey etc)?
Thanks for the offer.
Almost anything with a pattern on it I've got heaps of solid ribbed ones from Viccel...post #11514 of 679463/30/12 at 3:11pmQuote:
but it's all the fault of the internet that retail in Australia is stuffed...... Gerry Harvey said sopost #11515 of 679463/30/12 at 3:16pmpost #11516 of 679463/30/12 at 4:34pmGents,
It's about time I started investing in better shoes and looking after them rather than paying through the nose for poor quality substitutes...
Looking to spend $200-300, and looking for some brown cap toes to kick off my investment strategy...
Any recommendations?post #11517 of 679463/30/12 at 5:42pmQuote:
It all depends on the kind of last you like really.
Herring Churchill's look nice and the last is not too rounded but not too pointy.
I have some Herring Chamberlains which I love but they aren't as dark brown as I had hoped...so I just splashed on some C&J Hallams (at great expense to the management....).
In summary I think a good strategy could be to choose a). what kind of brown you want and b). what kind of shape you are looking for.post #11518 of 679463/30/12 at 5:47pmQuote:
Wide, normal or narrow foot, lychee?post #11519 of 679463/30/12 at 9:15pmpost #11520 of 679463/30/12 at 10:10pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 45 seconds ago
- › The Look goes on... 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 13 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 14 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Sub-Tropical Laundry Culture Shock Emergency 19 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 28 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 28 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 31 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...