Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
Last edited: 10/1/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 768post #11506 of 652903/29/12 at 9:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11507 of 652903/29/12 at 10:22pmpost #11508 of 652903/29/12 at 10:28pmpost #11509 of 652903/29/12 at 10:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist
Just saw Patrick Johnson this morning to pick up my casual suit.
Don't know what's going on with the crease on the right side; as you can see from Pic 3
Great suit, congrats. My observations is that the P Johnson house style is to have the top button on a SB tighter than might ordinarily be recommend, it's exacerbated of course when one loads their pockets with wallet/blackberry. Notwithstanding, the jacket should 'settle down' with a few wears.
post #11510 of 652903/30/12 at 4:13am
Quick note to thank those of you who provided the heads up about the David Jones sale. Picked up a couple of nice Thomas Pink shirts and socks. Had a look through the knitwear on the floor, nothing special at all. Icebreaker was limited to 3 pieces, Hackett had a few ok jumpers, but, nothing special - perhaps only standout was Duchamp maybe. Shoes....geesh I dont know how to describe what is going on there!!. Anyway, was good scrounging through all the gear they have. Has been a few weeks. MJ Bale has certainly made an appearance. Other observation - all those ugly skinny ties, Burberry, ZZegna and all the others are being cleared out. No grenadines to be found, think I check out the Navy Grenadine on Henry Carter, looks very nice.post #11511 of 652903/30/12 at 4:22am^ The Zegna section at DJ's in Melbourne has some horrendous customer service. I went in there 3 different days last week trying to BUY a discounted DB ZZegna but no one was around. The first time the guy was on a personal call at the back, I could hear everything he was saying. Waited 10 minutes before going to the lower end counters near Joe Black and was told only Zegna people can put through the sale. Put it back and went the next day. Literally one sales assistant on the whole floor (Anthony Squires). Said the same thing. The last day I tried the entire thing on, with a shirt and tie and walked around looking for someone to pin the hem. The girl in the ZZegna section literally walked passed me about 4 times to go in the back.
Left it on the floor of the change room I was so disgusted. And I used to work for DJ's. There's no use complaining to them because I know for a fact they don't give a fuck.
Edited by Prof. B. Bear - 3/30/12 at 7:15ampost #11512 of 652903/30/12 at 4:56ampost #11513 of 652903/30/12 at 5:59amQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's WardrobeQuote:
No worries and completely understand. I'm happy to order some for stock as well just need some interest in people buying as well so I dont end up with too much dead stock (with no obligation to buy of course). I'll note yours down and do a heads up next time I'm placing an order and gauge what people want. Would you say that fairly conservative colours would be what you'd be interested in most (navy/grey etc)?
Thanks for the offer.
Almost anything with a pattern on it I've got heaps of solid ribbed ones from Viccel...post #11514 of 652903/30/12 at 3:11pmQuote:
but it's all the fault of the internet that retail in Australia is stuffed...... Gerry Harvey said sopost #11515 of 652903/30/12 at 3:16pmpost #11516 of 652903/30/12 at 4:34pmpost #11517 of 652903/30/12 at 5:42pmQuote:
It all depends on the kind of last you like really.
Herring Churchill's look nice and the last is not too rounded but not too pointy.
I have some Herring Chamberlains which I love but they aren't as dark brown as I had hoped...so I just splashed on some C&J Hallams (at great expense to the management....).
In summary I think a good strategy could be to choose a). what kind of brown you want and b). what kind of shape you are looking for.post #11518 of 652903/30/12 at 5:47pmQuote:
Wide, normal or narrow foot, lychee?post #11519 of 652903/30/12 at 9:15pm
- Australian Members
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 7 minutes ago
- › Takahiro Miyashita - Number (N)ine, The Soloist 8 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov... 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 14 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...