I'm not sure if I'll recognise anyone there so my plan is to find the group of men with the nicest shoes, will this work?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 11/14/13 at 8:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 764
Styleforum Top Picks
I'm wearing a lapel flower, pocket square, double monks and a burgundy grenadine tie (closest I had to the 'official SF' tie ) - if that's not a giveaway, I don't know what is ...
A very nice collection of shoes there and it looks like you've pretty much covered all bases.Dark brown suede loafers (strangely enough, I was also looking at a pair of these) would be a very nice addition at some point as well as a single cutaway or double monk. Based on what you have there, though, there's definitely no rush and I do like the sound of purple driving shoes!
How do the Bresciani socks feel compared to others you have?
Looks like the postman is going to be a very familiar sight for awhile
Thanks Gerry. Socks feel very nice, quite soft. If you are going to wear socks they might as well be good quality and feel nice (but do we really need socks fxh). Found another good source for socks yesterday too - http://henrycarter.com.au/products-page/socks/ (shout out to Charlie's Wardrobe). will be using the Style Forum code SF10 for my next socks purchase there I would think.
PS Will PM/text you about a lunch shortly.
This should be the case. Or the burgundy knit tie (Australian Member Style Forum club tie).
Such a shame good quality shoes are so rare here (in Australia). In fact on the occasions I see them they often cause me to turn my head and give me a greater respect for the wearer (superficial - definitely, some of the finest people I know could care less about sartorial matters).
I work up in Melbourne's legal district and often you see people who have obviously put some thought and money into what they are wearing (not always too my taste or wisely spent money, but they clearly care about how they look) and then you look at the shoes....Dear, oh dear.
A good pair of shoes will rescue a bad outfit, where as a bad pair ruin an outfit and good shoes continue to look good with age and bad shoes will never look good. I know I am preaching to the choir here but cheap shoes are false economy. I wish these people thought about shoes first and built from there.
But of course there are far more important things in life....move on Pink Socks!
Picked up a shirt I had made for my wedding at P Johnson Tailors yesterday. It is awesome, the fabric, which is a very fine knitted white, is amazing and it is definitely the best shirt I own. Now, only 3 months until I can wear it...
Also picked up some Bresciani socks - one burgundy and one grey (never thought I would buy grey socks but they look great esp. with the tan derby I have on today). (Yes socks fxh!).
Great to catch up with Tom and Jen (and Frank the ever growing dog - http://linenforsummertweedforwinter.tumblr.com/post/20054940487/tamsinjohnson-p-johnson-showroom-south#notes) and see some of the things they are getting made up. Too much temptation and new ideas. A grey suit is next, but need to wait a while there.
With those purchases, some Drakes ties CEP has put in the post for me, a trial wedding bowtie (fat butterfly model, black with tartan inlining and monogram inside) I have coming from Cordial Churchman, some new training gear and some C&J Chukka boots (finally found my size on new with box etc on Italian ebay) which are on their way, think I might need to join the no purchase club until I go to Scotland in July (keen to get a Barbour waxed International jacket there and maybe some other bargains).
In there spirit of Gerry Nelson (http://www.styleforum.net/t/88856/australian-members/10545#post_5248044) think I might (have to) be done with shoes for a while. I have -
- Black cap toe oxford
- Dark brown wholecuts
- Dark brown austerity brogues
- Tan derby
- Tan brogues
- Tan chukka boot
- Dark brown suede chukka boots (on the way)
- Dark brown loafers
- Light brown nubuck loafers
- Black ghillie brogues (traditional shoes for kilt wear)
- Brown boat shoes
- Purple driving shoes
- (plus some canvas navy Keds, Puma and (bright pink) Nike runners, some colourful Havianas flipflops, a pair of Asics training shoes and a pair of Vibram Fivefingers)
But I have plenty of new stuff and exciting things arriving in the post soon to enjoy, so I am a (well dressed, hopefully) happy man.
Hey PS I'm a big fan of tan shoes -- what brand are your brogues and derbies?
It would be funny if there was a well dressed chap there who was not an SF member and people kept going up to him saying "Style Forum meetup?" or whatever...
Unfortunately (or fortunately for some) I won't be able to make it tonight. Caught a bit of a cold and feeling quite crook. Have to try to recover by Sunday to do Run for the Kids, so I'll be heading straight home after work. Have fun fellas.
Absolutely. I find myself starting at the head and working my way down and 9/10 I'm disappointed that such a nice suit, or jacket and slacks is often ruined by some scuffed up, beaten shoes.
It's like buying an F1 racing car and then filling it with diesel and expecting to get performance.
Sorry, I am unable to make it. But like you say, doubt you will struggle to spot the SFers.
'Look, as I said to the previous chap, and to the one before him, I'm waiting for a friend. A female friend. I'm flattered, of course, but please...'
- Australian Members
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 56 seconds ago
- › Help sizing a ferragamo leather jacket for sale 3 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 4 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 12 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 12 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL THRIFT/DISCOUNT STORE FIT PIC BRAGGING THREAD 12 minutes ago
- › Full League - DRAFT: 10/29 @ 5pst ***The Official Alden x SF... 13 minutes ago
- › NIB NEW BALANCE 996 SIZE 8.5 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw