or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 751

post #11251 of 52333
Just back on the topic of denim.

I think Melbourne is actually quite lucky in the sense that there are many cheap street lables that offer many different cuts to people with a lot varying shapes, and despite other bits of clothing on their shelves being sub par their denim can be ok.

Besides this my personal favourites for denim available in Melbourne include:

APC- quality, simple and reasonable in cost, though the fit is terrible on me.

Dr.Denim- for $150 i think this is the winner for cheap denim in aus. Its simple, lasts (I've had mine for close to 3 years with regular wear) and the color of the indigo is nice.

Edwin- This used to be a big favourite of mine i have several pairs that i bought when i was working at Dakota on Chapel back in the day, and red line selvage denim for $215 i don't think you can go wrong.

Levis- I used to be a massive LVC fan, i owned about 6 or 7 pairs, all $500 or more, the more normal american LVC i still have but i sold the japanese LVC I've gotten rid of. All in all great quality denim and great stories. However nowadays I no longer have the intrest in denim that i once had, though i still like the cut so I like buying Vintage orange tab 505's for the he cut of the rise and thigh thickness.

&

Cheap Monday- $90 jeans.


Also, has anyone tried Naked and Famous sold at Harrolds?
post #11252 of 52333
So pretty much what everyone else said smile.gif
post #11253 of 52333
I'm up for a catch up as well
post #11254 of 52333

Anyone else on here from Brisbane? (this is my first ever post so bear with me) 

post #11255 of 52333
Upon reflection decided to delete the post which bitched about Levi 504 jeans. And are jeans now cut that low on the hips? Last pair of jeans I owed were Levi 508 which are no longer made, merde!
post #11256 of 52333
Cross post after a week off sick -

467

260

Details
Suit: Herringbone Sydney
Shirt: Cottonwork
Tie: Henry Carter Neckwear
Shoes: Carmina Brown captoe
post #11257 of 52333
Quote:
Originally Posted by twatson View Post

Anyone else on here from Brisbane? (this is my first ever post so bear with me) 



There's a few and I'm sure they'll jump in soon. Welcome to SF!

 

Looking good, Jason. It's funny how the jacket and trousers look like they're two different colours just because of the lighting.

post #11258 of 52333
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyMichel View Post

Also, has anyone tried Naked and Famous sold at Harrolds?

Yep, With the 50% sale I grabbed a pair not long ago and they are a nice fit for me. They haven't aged much yet, 6 months and no wash with wear about 2/3 times per week.
post #11259 of 52333
Anyone seen this thread?

http://www.styleforum.net/t/293227/a-daily-mens-clothing-and-streetwear-and-denim-fit-comparison-thread/90

All I can say is: facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

No wonder Ethan and Patrick shun SF like the plague; and Graeme has all but stopped posting... ffffuuuu.gif
post #11260 of 52333
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post

Yep, With the 50% sale I grabbed a pair not long ago and they are a nice fit for me. They haven't aged much yet, 6 months and no wash with wear about 2/3 times per week.

Which one's did you get? Skinny Guy or Weird Guy? And, which particular denim?
post #11261 of 52333
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post

Anyone seen this thread?
http://www.styleforum.net/t/293227/a-daily-mens-clothing-and-streetwear-and-denim-fit-comparison-thread/90
All I can say is: facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif
No wonder Ethan and Patrick shun SF like the plague; and Graeme has all but stopped posting... ffffuuuu.gif

I get the impression most of us here shun most of the rest of SF these days!
post #11262 of 52333
What's with guys in Sydney only doing up the bottom button on their jackets... CRAZY.
post #11263 of 52333
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennier View Post

I get the impression most of us here shun most of the rest of SF these days!

QFT
post #11264 of 52333
^^ The Furo vs Parker thing?

Parker wins because applying the same MC way of dress to SW&D casual is all sorts of fail.
Everything has it's place.


About why most MC is so lame: just have to look into any of the how to dress for interview threads.
Prescription is always:
Charcoal or navy, notch lapel, double vented suit, and black cap toe oxfords. Any deviation from that will mean that the candidate will have no chance of getting hired - peak lapel is just so damn flashy like he's trying to one up the interviewer!
post #11265 of 52333
eep DP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members