Not SF approved. Prepare to be flogged.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 739post #11071 of 622883/20/12 at 7:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11072 of 622883/20/12 at 7:51pmpost #11073 of 622883/20/12 at 7:51pm
Release from Zahra today post the hammering their stock price received this morning -
David Jones CEO Paul Zahra said Australian retail prices were high compared to overseas, a fact that had become obvious to the droves of shoppers who opted to buy goods online from foreign stores. He said David Jones was negotiating with suppliers to ensure the wholesale prices it pays are on par with those paid by foreign retailers, so it can charge shoppers similar prices to those in overseas stores. Zahra said some suppliers such as Yves Saint Laurent, Kiehls, Lancome, Fossil and DNKY had already decreased the wholesale prices they charged David Jones.
But, while lower wholesale prices would mean lower sales tags for customers, Zahra said David Jones would have to focus on lifting sales volumes to offset the impact of cheaper prices on its earnings.
Nothing this forum didn't already know. Authenticity Zahra, thats were DJs is really suffering. They have NO authenticity - its about markups on rubbish stock that we know is rubbish yet we expected to pay top $$. Have a look at old Paddy Pallins, they have been around for years and yet, they have authenticity - quality with credibility. It will take a lot more than placating customers with more disinterested staff to make people part with $$. But, hey, Im glad to know my Fossil jeans and DKNY China made get ups will be cheaper in the future...thats gotta be a relief!!! Did I just hear the sounds of a CEO succession plan being hatched??post #11074 of 622883/20/12 at 7:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
In that case C&J must make more than one type of perforated cap toe oxford for Peal. I have a pair (below) of Peal C&J oxfords (they were purchased from the C&J factory by another SF member) and they look different to those in the link. The C&J person told me the perf captoe oxford they make for Peal is on the 240 last.
According to post 40 in this thread, Loake make the lightweight Peals.
Its raining and too wet to go outside and risk getting my soul damp. I have no interest at all in those shoes so I meandered over to the thread to have a squiz.
This is why the forums are so useful.
The consensus on that thread is that the shoes in question are:
post #11075 of 622883/20/12 at 7:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by scar3face
- Crockett & Jones
- Alfred Sergeant
- Loakes do not make for Peal & Co (BB)
I purchased a pair of Ted Baker wingtips on Monday and decided to wear them to work today.
It's raining in Melbourne today and I walked across the road to grab a coffee, but by the time I came back, my feet were soaked all on the bottom.
I took the shoe off and noticed that only the bottom of the shoe is wet, so it must be letting water through where the shoe meets the sole.
I'm pretty pissed off given my Florsheim shoes have been through all sorts of Melbourne weather and my feet have stayed dry, but as soon as this pair of shoes gets a hint of water, your feet end up soaked.
I'm going to take the shoes back to David Jones and try to get a refund, or at least swap them for a pair of Loakes, or is it a case of buy beware?
Take them back, get your $$ back in your pocket and order real shoes from real shoe retailers. Heaps of recommendations on here. Oh and I wouldn't bother with Ted Baker anything, they used to be very good, quality is down the toilet especially the DJs stock - see my point re DJs???.
Didn't someone once say you never skimp on shoes or watches.post #11076 of 622883/20/12 at 8:06pmpost #11077 of 622883/20/12 at 8:07pmRe the BB Cap toes
Apparently the lightweight is by Alfred Sargent - post no.4 - http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?108231-Peal-amp-Co-vs.-Allen-Edmonds-Perforated-Captoe&highlight=peal+perforated+captoe+bal
The regular weight Peals are by C&J.post #11078 of 622883/20/12 at 8:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by tobiasj
Amen. Here is an excellent case in point:
Martial Art "master" of Aikido gets ass kicked in real martial art fight
Yeah, that got passed around at training last year. Its an interesting study of psychology.
RE : F1. I did aerodynamic development for Renault F1 for a couple of years. This mainly involved sitting in front of a computer for 50 hours a week writing Fortran. I did get some nice T-shirts though.post #11079 of 622883/20/12 at 8:20pmpost #11080 of 622883/20/12 at 8:22pm
This will make you all laugh your guts out for an afternoon. Whilst downing another coffee and reading the forum here, these Zegna boots came up on fleabay, so I picked them up for $120 inclusive of postage from the US. Will be interesting to see what they like. Problem will be the C&J Tetbury's arrive soon. Oh well am covered for what could be a wet winter in both Melb and Bris.
Edited by Windowpane1967 - 3/20/12 at 8:50pmpost #11081 of 622883/20/12 at 8:25pmpost #11082 of 622883/20/12 at 8:26pmpost #11083 of 622883/20/12 at 8:43pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Windowpane1967
This will make you all laugh your guts out for an afternoon. Whilst downing another coffee and reading the forum here, these Zegna boots came up on fleabay, so I picked them up for $120 inclusive of postage from the US. Will be interesting to see what they like. Problem will be the C&J Tedbury's arrive soon. Oh well am covered for what could be a wet winter in both Melb and Bris.
Hey Windowpane1967, what configuration of the Tetburys did you order? Post a review once you get both pairs. Congratulations on both pairs of boots! What's the point of getting new things if we can't celebrate them with people who understand
Elvish, good luck with those BB shoes - no matter who makes them, they should be decent quality and a pretty good buy at the price. Let us know how they turn out if you do end up getting them.post #11084 of 622883/20/12 at 8:52pmpost #11085 of 622883/20/12 at 8:54pmQuote:
Dark Brown suede. After watching the conversation on here for a few weeks and taking in the advice of Pink Socks etc these were the ones I landed on, have waited a year to make a decision!!! I liked the toe of the Tetbury, rounded toes just dont do it for me. Each of my Church's are the Sheldon model, similar kind of square toe. Will be interesting to see what the old Zegna's are like.
- Australian Members
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 13 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 13 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 24 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 32 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 33 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 33 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 36 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 48 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan