Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 737post #11041 of 518903/20/12 at 2:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11042 of 518903/20/12 at 2:48ampost #11043 of 518903/20/12 at 3:22amQuote:
Eh? That's a bit odd. I've got four H&K shirts from several years back, and all of them (even the Sea Island cotton) can be machine-washed and ironed at home without any problems. The cloth is soft and smooth and they've all worn very well with no problems at all. Rather strange to hear that they have to be dry-cleaned.post #11044 of 518903/20/12 at 5:22ampost #11045 of 518903/20/12 at 6:03ampost #11046 of 518903/20/12 at 2:14pmQuote:
This is s a first . Myself and few friends wear H&K shirts and we have never had this problem. I will scrub the collars with Sard soap if required and then just wash them on a normal cycle and air dry, fine every time.
Also what does it cost to have a shirt dry cleaned?post #11047 of 518903/20/12 at 2:58pmI don't see why h&k need to be treated any differently, they are all just cotton afterall. Fading and shrinkage are pretty much the only reasons why you wouldn't wash them.
And about SF taking things too seriously, some people in this forum seem to think dressing like a ponce will solve every single one of lifes problems.post #11048 of 518903/20/12 at 3:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
Eh? That's a bit odd. I've got four H&K shirts from several years back, and all of them (even the Sea Island cotton) can be machine-washed and ironed at home without any problems. The cloth is soft and smooth and they've all worn very well with no problems at all. Rather strange to hear that they have to be dry-cleaned.
According to Charles Nakhle, good cloth, however luxurious, usually loves to be ironed. For example, my Alumu poplins, a two-ply 80 and a two-ply 120, are easily ironed without much trouble at all.
(However, and this just occurred to me, Charles DID mention that he dislikes Sea Island for this climate, and much prefers Egyptian cotton; something about its propensity for wrinkling.)post #11049 of 518903/20/12 at 3:24pmpost #11050 of 518903/20/12 at 3:38pmQuote:Quote:
And football forums. My God. I have seen people call others out for a punch up, even designating a time and place, just because they disagree about player signings!
Perhaps the WAYWRN thread should be renamed WAYWRN...That We Can Complain About.post #11051 of 518903/20/12 at 3:45pmQuote:
Wait till you get on the martial arts forums...
Bullshido is expecially 'enjoyable'.post #11052 of 518903/20/12 at 3:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by eightace
Hmm, I'm interested to know what they mean by "lightweight". Those are made by C&J, appear to be similar to the Westbourne or Belgrave. They're a good buy at that price. But, shipping may cost you because Brooks Brothers don't ship to us. Also, not sure if the sole is channeled or the welt stitching is exposed as there are no pictures. To me, it looks like a bench grade model on the 337 last. As for using the word "lightweight", I don't think the type of calfskin should make much difference to us in Australia, but in the US, the inclement winter weather means that shell cordovan and other similarly "heavy" shoes are favoured.post #11053 of 518903/20/12 at 4:02pmpost #11054 of 518903/20/12 at 4:42pm
B-b-b-but chicks dig spalla camicia, grenadine ties and sprezzatura!Quote:Originally Posted by thebrownman
Hmm, I'm interested to know what they mean by "lightweight". Those are made by C&J, appear to be similar to the Westbourne or Belgrave. They're a good buy at that price. But, shipping may cost you because Brooks Brothers don't ship to us. Also, not sure if the sole is channeled or the welt stitching is exposed as there are no pictures. To me, it looks like a bench grade model on the 337 last. As for using the word "lightweight", I don't think the type of calfskin should make much difference to us in Australia, but in the US, the inclement winter weather means that shell cordovan and other similarly "heavy" shoes are favoured.
I'm interested to know what they mean by "lightweight" as well. Those are definitely not made by C&J - I sent the C&J mail order department a question about the last for the shoe with a picture of the shoe as an attachment. The reply I got was " The shoe in photo which is attached to this email is not a Peal shoe and not a shoe which we make.". Obviously it is a Peal shoe so probably made for BB by one of the other Northampton companies?
Regarding shipping, are you sure they don't ship to us? According to their website, they do for most things:
"International Delivery ($49.99 charge)
Overnight delivery currently not available outside of the United States. Please note that we cannot ship gift cards, fragrances, or products containing alligator or genuine fur internationally. All shipping & handling and applicable duties will be paid by the customer and will be billed by the delivering carrier."post #11055 of 518903/20/12 at 5:04pmQuote:
It's kind of hilarious that this site tacitly assumes that people who like to dress like Little Lord Fauntleroy, and people who like to dress like lumberjack ninjas, are going to have sooooo much in common that they should totally hang out
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 30 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 42 seconds ago
- › 100k pull-ups in 2014 1 minute ago
- › Big Ol' Welts - July 13, 2014 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Brioni vs Huntsman RTW - Advice needed ! 5 minutes ago
- › Oliver Spencer waxed cotton windbreaker, navy blue, size M / 40. 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 12 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)