Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 737post #11041 of 679463/20/12 at 2:45ampost #11042 of 679463/20/12 at 2:48ampost #11043 of 679463/20/12 at 3:22amQuote:
Eh? That's a bit odd. I've got four H&K shirts from several years back, and all of them (even the Sea Island cotton) can be machine-washed and ironed at home without any problems. The cloth is soft and smooth and they've all worn very well with no problems at all. Rather strange to hear that they have to be dry-cleaned.post #11044 of 679463/20/12 at 5:22ampost #11045 of 679463/20/12 at 6:03ampost #11046 of 679463/20/12 at 2:14pmQuote:
This is s a first . Myself and few friends wear H&K shirts and we have never had this problem. I will scrub the collars with Sard soap if required and then just wash them on a normal cycle and air dry, fine every time.
Also what does it cost to have a shirt dry cleaned?post #11047 of 679463/20/12 at 2:58pmI don't see why h&k need to be treated any differently, they are all just cotton afterall. Fading and shrinkage are pretty much the only reasons why you wouldn't wash them.
And about SF taking things too seriously, some people in this forum seem to think dressing like a ponce will solve every single one of lifes problems.post #11048 of 679463/20/12 at 3:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
Eh? That's a bit odd. I've got four H&K shirts from several years back, and all of them (even the Sea Island cotton) can be machine-washed and ironed at home without any problems. The cloth is soft and smooth and they've all worn very well with no problems at all. Rather strange to hear that they have to be dry-cleaned.
According to Charles Nakhle, good cloth, however luxurious, usually loves to be ironed. For example, my Alumu poplins, a two-ply 80 and a two-ply 120, are easily ironed without much trouble at all.
(However, and this just occurred to me, Charles DID mention that he dislikes Sea Island for this climate, and much prefers Egyptian cotton; something about its propensity for wrinkling.)post #11049 of 679463/20/12 at 3:24pmpost #11050 of 679463/20/12 at 3:38pmQuote:Quote:
And football forums. My God. I have seen people call others out for a punch up, even designating a time and place, just because they disagree about player signings!
Perhaps the WAYWRN thread should be renamed WAYWRN...That We Can Complain About.post #11051 of 679463/20/12 at 3:45pmQuote:
Wait till you get on the martial arts forums...
Bullshido is expecially 'enjoyable'.post #11052 of 679463/20/12 at 3:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by eightace
Hmm, I'm interested to know what they mean by "lightweight". Those are made by C&J, appear to be similar to the Westbourne or Belgrave. They're a good buy at that price. But, shipping may cost you because Brooks Brothers don't ship to us. Also, not sure if the sole is channeled or the welt stitching is exposed as there are no pictures. To me, it looks like a bench grade model on the 337 last. As for using the word "lightweight", I don't think the type of calfskin should make much difference to us in Australia, but in the US, the inclement winter weather means that shell cordovan and other similarly "heavy" shoes are favoured.post #11053 of 679463/20/12 at 4:02pmpost #11054 of 679463/20/12 at 4:42pm
B-b-b-but chicks dig spalla camicia, grenadine ties and sprezzatura!Quote:Originally Posted by thebrownman
Hmm, I'm interested to know what they mean by "lightweight". Those are made by C&J, appear to be similar to the Westbourne or Belgrave. They're a good buy at that price. But, shipping may cost you because Brooks Brothers don't ship to us. Also, not sure if the sole is channeled or the welt stitching is exposed as there are no pictures. To me, it looks like a bench grade model on the 337 last. As for using the word "lightweight", I don't think the type of calfskin should make much difference to us in Australia, but in the US, the inclement winter weather means that shell cordovan and other similarly "heavy" shoes are favoured.
I'm interested to know what they mean by "lightweight" as well. Those are definitely not made by C&J - I sent the C&J mail order department a question about the last for the shoe with a picture of the shoe as an attachment. The reply I got was " The shoe in photo which is attached to this email is not a Peal shoe and not a shoe which we make.". Obviously it is a Peal shoe so probably made for BB by one of the other Northampton companies?
Regarding shipping, are you sure they don't ship to us? According to their website, they do for most things:
"International Delivery ($49.99 charge)
Overnight delivery currently not available outside of the United States. Please note that we cannot ship gift cards, fragrances, or products containing alligator or genuine fur internationally. All shipping & handling and applicable duties will be paid by the customer and will be billed by the delivering carrier."post #11055 of 679463/20/12 at 5:04pmQuote:
It's kind of hilarious that this site tacitly assumes that people who like to dress like Little Lord Fauntleroy, and people who like to dress like lumberjack ninjas, are going to have sooooo much in common that they should totally hang out
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 13 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 15 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 20 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 50 minutes ago
- › REGAL Shoes Japan - Burnished Brown Dress Shoes - Japan 25 / US 7.5 53 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...