Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 737post #11041 of 640743/20/12 at 2:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11042 of 640743/20/12 at 2:48ampost #11043 of 640743/20/12 at 3:22amQuote:
Eh? That's a bit odd. I've got four H&K shirts from several years back, and all of them (even the Sea Island cotton) can be machine-washed and ironed at home without any problems. The cloth is soft and smooth and they've all worn very well with no problems at all. Rather strange to hear that they have to be dry-cleaned.post #11044 of 640743/20/12 at 5:22ampost #11045 of 640743/20/12 at 6:03ampost #11046 of 640743/20/12 at 2:14pmQuote:
This is s a first . Myself and few friends wear H&K shirts and we have never had this problem. I will scrub the collars with Sard soap if required and then just wash them on a normal cycle and air dry, fine every time.
Also what does it cost to have a shirt dry cleaned?post #11047 of 640743/20/12 at 2:58pmI don't see why h&k need to be treated any differently, they are all just cotton afterall. Fading and shrinkage are pretty much the only reasons why you wouldn't wash them.
And about SF taking things too seriously, some people in this forum seem to think dressing like a ponce will solve every single one of lifes problems.post #11048 of 640743/20/12 at 3:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
Eh? That's a bit odd. I've got four H&K shirts from several years back, and all of them (even the Sea Island cotton) can be machine-washed and ironed at home without any problems. The cloth is soft and smooth and they've all worn very well with no problems at all. Rather strange to hear that they have to be dry-cleaned.
According to Charles Nakhle, good cloth, however luxurious, usually loves to be ironed. For example, my Alumu poplins, a two-ply 80 and a two-ply 120, are easily ironed without much trouble at all.
(However, and this just occurred to me, Charles DID mention that he dislikes Sea Island for this climate, and much prefers Egyptian cotton; something about its propensity for wrinkling.)post #11049 of 640743/20/12 at 3:24pmpost #11050 of 640743/20/12 at 3:38pmQuote:Quote:
And football forums. My God. I have seen people call others out for a punch up, even designating a time and place, just because they disagree about player signings!
Perhaps the WAYWRN thread should be renamed WAYWRN...That We Can Complain About.post #11051 of 640743/20/12 at 3:45pmQuote:
Wait till you get on the martial arts forums...
Bullshido is expecially 'enjoyable'.post #11052 of 640743/20/12 at 3:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by eightace
Hmm, I'm interested to know what they mean by "lightweight". Those are made by C&J, appear to be similar to the Westbourne or Belgrave. They're a good buy at that price. But, shipping may cost you because Brooks Brothers don't ship to us. Also, not sure if the sole is channeled or the welt stitching is exposed as there are no pictures. To me, it looks like a bench grade model on the 337 last. As for using the word "lightweight", I don't think the type of calfskin should make much difference to us in Australia, but in the US, the inclement winter weather means that shell cordovan and other similarly "heavy" shoes are favoured.post #11053 of 640743/20/12 at 4:02pmpost #11054 of 640743/20/12 at 4:42pm
B-b-b-but chicks dig spalla camicia, grenadine ties and sprezzatura!Quote:Originally Posted by thebrownman
Hmm, I'm interested to know what they mean by "lightweight". Those are made by C&J, appear to be similar to the Westbourne or Belgrave. They're a good buy at that price. But, shipping may cost you because Brooks Brothers don't ship to us. Also, not sure if the sole is channeled or the welt stitching is exposed as there are no pictures. To me, it looks like a bench grade model on the 337 last. As for using the word "lightweight", I don't think the type of calfskin should make much difference to us in Australia, but in the US, the inclement winter weather means that shell cordovan and other similarly "heavy" shoes are favoured.
I'm interested to know what they mean by "lightweight" as well. Those are definitely not made by C&J - I sent the C&J mail order department a question about the last for the shoe with a picture of the shoe as an attachment. The reply I got was " The shoe in photo which is attached to this email is not a Peal shoe and not a shoe which we make.". Obviously it is a Peal shoe so probably made for BB by one of the other Northampton companies?
Regarding shipping, are you sure they don't ship to us? According to their website, they do for most things:
"International Delivery ($49.99 charge)
Overnight delivery currently not available outside of the United States. Please note that we cannot ship gift cards, fragrances, or products containing alligator or genuine fur internationally. All shipping & handling and applicable duties will be paid by the customer and will be billed by the delivering carrier."post #11055 of 640743/20/12 at 5:04pmQuote:
It's kind of hilarious that this site tacitly assumes that people who like to dress like Little Lord Fauntleroy, and people who like to dress like lumberjack ninjas, are going to have sooooo much in common that they should totally hang out
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › The Look goes on... 5 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 10 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 16 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 16 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 17 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 24 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 27 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 27 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 33 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 33 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...