or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 700

post #10486 of 55224
^^ I think I'm starting to understand why you needed a six month purchase ban
post #10487 of 55224
i bought my todds from yoox
post #10488 of 55224
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennier View Post

Sure it's not just a checklist, but I'm not seeing the shortfalls in execution that you apparently are, other than the aforementioned trouser length which I'd not seen at the time of the original posting. I'd be interested to know what you think they are.

Fit of the sleeves, length of the sleeves, across the shoulders are generally cleaner. The balance of the jacket and shaping at the waist is better. As much as I love the look of Tom Ford on Spoo, I cannot say it looks good on Brad. That jacket looks shapeless on Brad. Ill defined waist with low button point makes the jacket look to have 2" shortened and that Brad doesn't pull his pants up doesn't help the case either. Shirt collar style of Michel's with short points hidden neatly behind the bow is more pleasing to look at than points showing. And classier grooming.

Compare Tom Ford wearing Tom Ford vs Brad Pitt wearing Tom Ford and you see whats wrong with Brad.
post #10489 of 55224
OTOH, he's bangin Angelina so probably doesn't care what we think biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
post #10490 of 55224
At which part of the chest should one measure if they are wanting to input measurements for MTM jackets? When I measure just above the nipples it comes to 36". However when I measure from under the arms and towards the upper part of my chest, it comes out to 39".

Should I just take the average of the two? I find most of my 36's buckle at the lapels if I stand erect (shoulders back) so am thinking of going for the 39".
post #10491 of 55224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. B. Bear View Post

At which part of the chest should one measure if they are wanting to input measurements for MTM jackets? When I measure just above the nipples it comes to 36". However when I measure from under the arms and towards the upper part of my chest, it comes out to 39".
Should I just take the average of the two? I find most of my 36's buckle at the lapels if I stand erect (shoulders back) so am thinking of going for the 39".

Err...no part of your chest, because MTM jackets are a bad idea? Haven't tried it myself, but that seems to be the consensus.
post #10492 of 55224
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post

I'm still looking for a decent pair of dull red suede ones. Got some brown suede shoes, some navy suede shoes, going to get some red suede shoes next and probably move on the the crazier colours like green and yellows... after my 6 month purchase ban anyway.

Those new AE on the latest AE cattledog will be right up Blahster Street. Only USD250 http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF4025_1_40000000001_-1

There were also red suedes in Harrolds a few mnonths ago.

On YOOX sale http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/KOWALSKI/dept/shoesmen/tskay/3FD17CD7/rr/1/cod10/44370955IP/sts/sr_shoesmen80
Edited by meister - 2/28/12 at 2:05am
post #10493 of 55224
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasj View Post

Err...no part of your chest, because MTM jackets are a bad idea? Haven't tried it myself, but that seems to be the consensus.

MTM jackets are a bad idea? Lol what? I have an appointment on Thursday with a tailor for a sport coat. Just doing a bit of self measurement beforehand to get an idea of what proportions I am.

This isn't an online MTM thing like Indochino or w/e if that's what you were thinking.

EDIT - Self measurements are asked for in the consultation form if you're willing to provide them hence the question.
post #10494 of 55224
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyD View Post

Also bought the R&B navy PoW suit at lunchtime - finally bit the bullet and paid full price since it doesn't look like getting discounted any time soon, and stock of my size seems to be getting very low. Did get the 'free' shirt though which softens the blow slightly.

aaand I log on to the R&B website when I get home to see there is a "Private Client Event" for which I assume an email will come out shortly offering 40% off storewide.... baldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gif
post #10495 of 55224

Maybe try email them and explain your predicament.

 

I seem to remember someone on this forum having a similar problem (they bought a suit full price only for it to go on sale the next day) and after speaking to the company they got the discount. Can't remember where I heard it but it's worth a shot!

post #10496 of 55224
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasricher View Post

Maybe try email them and explain your predicament.

I seem to remember someone on this forum having a similar problem (they bought a suit full price only for it to go on sale the next day) and after speaking to the company they got the discount. Can't remember where I heard it but it's worth a shot!

Definitely worth a try. Alternatively, you could try returning the suit for a refund and then immediately purchasing it at the sale price!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyD View Post

ditto. I'm on the lookout for either a blue suede, or tan leather pair, but I specifically want them to have the 'sole' (for what it's worth) continuing up the back of the heel. Tod's make some nice ones, but the price is a bit eye watering for glorified Volleys smile.gifsmile.gif
Also bought the R&B navy PoW suit at lunchtime - finally bit the bullet and paid full price since it doesn't look like getting discounted any time soon, and stock of my size seems to be getting very low. Did get the 'free' shirt though which softens the blow slightly.

DJ's own Milano range have a few pairs in stock at present, including a navy blue pair that are very nice. I think that they are $190 at full price (although don't quote me on that) but I picked up a pair on sale a month or two back for $120. They're well made - slightly better than the Herringbone ones, from looking at the pairs that I own.
post #10497 of 55224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. B. Bear View Post

MTM jackets are a bad idea? Lol what? I have an appointment on Thursday with a tailor for a sport coat. Just doing a bit of self measurement beforehand to get an idea of what proportions I am.
This isn't an online MTM thing like Indochino or w/e if that's what you were thinking.
EDIT - Self measurements are asked for in the consultation form if you're willing to provide them hence the question.

That was what I was thinking, sorry! shog[1].gif
post #10498 of 55224
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasj View Post

I don't think they're too flashy, and I own the Herring Dub Monks in suede, but then again it's not a shoe you really need until you have the basics well covered (dark brown cap toe, walnut brogue etc.).
For a well-priced walnut brogue I would look at Loakes or a lightly used AE Strand from the 'bay.

Could you elaborate on the full set of basics Tobias? Cheers

Where does everyone get their chino's from, got four pair from Land's End last year but they've changed the design...

Considering J Crew, Dockers, RRL or Brooks Brothers. Wish I could afford Incotex and Mabitex.
post #10499 of 55224
I get my chinos from Giordano. 25 bucks yo.
post #10500 of 55224
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTigerElite View Post


Could you elaborate on the full set of basics Tobias? Cheers
Where does everyone get their chino's from, got four pair from Land's End last year but they've changed the design...
Considering J Crew, Dockers, RRL or Brooks Brothers. Wish I could afford Incotex and Mabitex.


I've got a couple of pairs of Dockers from a trip to the states last year and they suit my purposes fine (business casual type dress - I wear orange hi-viz on a daily basis, so the expectations aren't high when I visit head office!). They were had for about USD30 in Macy's (can't believe that place - they have stuff crazy marked down (in comparison to what we get reamed here) and you ask them for a tourist discount and they knock a further 15% off for shits and giggles!) and represent pretty decent value at that price. Pure cotton, solid construction and decent styling...

 

A good staple (although I'm yet to find somewhere online that direct ships to Aust, so if you know of anywhere?

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members